X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Parody

In Seige (pt3) Weir says to mckay
    Spoiler:
    We need a sheild in 40 seconds or we're dead!

But in star trek kirk says to Scotty 'we need warp in 3 minutes or were dead'
    Did anyone else notice?

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
    In Seige (pt3) Weir says to mckay
    Spoiler:
    We need a sheild in 40 seconds or we're dead!

But in star trek kirk says to Scotty 'we need warp in 3 minutes or were dead'
    Did anyone else notice?
    I wouldnt think too much of it
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Please, if there is a quote out there that hasnt been used twice in different shows then I havent heard it
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

exactly its just a phrase, in tire times cliches and phrases are abound...its human nature to repeat that which has been said before; take a look at GW for example mkcay and scotty??? just said the word dead in a perilous situation where the result would be death...so yeah no conspiricy there just good ol situation narrative.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Oh, it's just normal sci fi stuff. When Gate does Trek, you know about it. Selmak/Scotty and Felger & Coombs/Redshirts.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Maybe Zelenka will say nuclear wessels It would set a new standard for accents! But if Caldwell starts pausing in the middle of his sentences, I'll go nuts.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

If that was parody, it was from way more than just Star Trek. I don't know how many times I've heard that similar statement in movies and tv.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                But if Caldwell starts pausing in the middle of his sentences, I'll go nuts.
                Who on Star Trek does this?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  Who on Star Trek does this?
                  The one and only, James T. Kirk
                  If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Wow, has it been that long since i saw TOS.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Must be. Personally, if we have to see a Star Trek Parody of Star Trek, I'd do the following:

Vala: Kirk (the whole getting around thing)
                      Chevron Guy : Scotty (beaming/gating)
                      Carter: Uhura (short skirt.... )
                      Teal'c: Tribble
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        !!!

That I love ... hilarious!!!
                        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

does this really matter and this situation hasnt just arrised in sg1 its happened loads...if we dont diffuse that bomb it 10 secs were dead!!!see...??
                          tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                          yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                          Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            He needs more hair then in that case. Maybe an affro!
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              exactly its just a phrase, in tire times cliches and phrases are abound...its human nature to repeat that which has been said before; take a look at GW for example mkcay and scotty??? just said the word dead in a perilous situation where the result would be death...so yeah no conspiricy there just good ol situation narrative.
                              There are only so many ways to say the same thing. Personally, there's a film that I'm developing that has two story elements that could be taken as being Star Wars rip-offs - a council and an order of Warriors. If I were to try and come up with some other name for each or description of each they would still be the same basic things as in SW. Its not that its a rip-off, its just they serve the exact same purpose in both stories. (BTW - They also parrallel the Grey Council and the Rangers from Babylon 5).
                              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X