What do you think of Jar-Jar Binks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of Jar-Jar Binks?

Am I the only Star Wars fan in the 'verse who actually thinks Jar Jar is cute? I don't understand why everyone hates him so much.

Is there anyone else out there who likes Jar Jar?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

I don't mind him... I would have prefered the movies without him, but I'm not on the hate Jar-Jar bandwagon.

Comment

Jar Jar was the 2nd biggest slap in the face by Lucas, letting us know he really doesn't care about fans or have any real writing ability.

the first was Ewoks.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I'm neither here nor there on the Jar Jar issue.

Realistically the sole purpose of Jar Jar was to have a "cute" character whihc made it easy to sell toys to kids. Nothing more than a money spinner

Comment

For one thing, Ewoks ruled. They were not a slap in the face.
          As for Jar Jar, no offense, but I really thought he was useless and annoying. Just didn't see a need for him being there.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            For one thing, Ewoks ruled. They were not a slap in the face.
            As for Jar Jar, no offense, but I really thought he was useless and annoying. Just didn't see a need for him being there.
            See, I'm the opposite, I didn't mind Jar Jar... I HATED the Ewoks. Worst thing they ever did in Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
              Am I the only Star Wars fan in the 'verse who actually thinks Jar Jar is cute? I don't understand why everyone hates him so much.

Is there anyone else out there who likes Jar Jar?
              I actually like Jar-Jar more in Episode 2 and 3 (i think he's in 3). He seems "more mature" in episode 2. In Episode 1, Jar-Jar was a bumbling immature kid in my opinion. And that detracted from his overall character. Not a Jar-Jar hater, but more "annoyed by the overly childish antics" written for his character in Episode 1.

Comment

Never really hated Jar-Jar, but I didn't exactly love him either. BTW, Ewoks RULE.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

jar jar is kind of annoying but ewoks ruled, but didnt lucas want there to be two races on endor but the other where too expensive to mass produce

Comment

Although I understood all of 10% of what he had to say, I didn't mind him too much.

Comment

I didn't mind Jar Jar... I think he was put there for comic relief more than anything. I don't understand the hatred against Ewoks either.
                      The badly scripted dialogue in the prequels were much more JARRING than Jar Jar...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I didn't mind Jar-Jar, even though I spent most of the movie trying to work out what he was saying. I just hated Anakin more.

Comment

I can understand the hatred for Ewoks...just play battlefront 1 for a while, hang around the Ewoks, or Battlefront 2....and then be them....You'll understand why.

Anyway, I quite liked Jar Jar, but I liked him alot more in the second and third ones than the first, He annoyed me in the first, and i wish Darth Maul would have cut him into shreds....

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I would be less cynical about Ewoks had I not known they were a marketing tool for Jedi. After all, the term Ewok is never mentioned in the movie.

Comment

You can not be a true Star Wars Fan and Hate Jar Jar, or the Ewoks!
                              You can not like them as much as other charractors and Races, but you can not be a True Fan!
                              The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                              Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Working...
                              X