Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be cool If someone could make a "Releases in Sci-Fi & Fantasy in Month X"-thread for each months. With new movies, DVD:s, books and such stuff. Would take much research though.

Comment

Originally posted by daxterdd
      I do believe it was filmed in Canada, that's why there are so many SG1 actors.
      Vancouver, yes.

I just wish more actors we're familiar with would get more important roles than Dead Soldier #8.

Comment

I saw Shaun of the Dead at Easter and loved every minute of it. In fact I want to see it again....and again. The in-jokes were fab.

"Would any body like.......a peanut?"

I'm off to see Van Helsing tonight.
        Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I looooooooooved Shaun of the Dead, much better than Dawn of the Dead, and they even had Jeremy Thompson from Sky News! It's definatly a classic.

Van Helsing looks pretty crappy, trying to cash in on the current fantasy obsession of the general audience, I can guarentee there'll be plot holes a plenty there! (Speaking of which, the plot itself could use some work... kill Dracula... )

Comment

The only thing going for Van Helsing are the graphics and the action. I'll still probably go and see it tough.

Cannot wait for Troy and Shrek 2.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to go see Van Helsing tonight. What can I say? Hugh Jackman can make up for a lot of plot holes. But I'm just shallow that way.

And I'm waiting on pins and needles for the Chronicles of Riddick. Mmmm...Vin Diesel. Story? I don' need no stinkin' stories.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I can confirm that Van Helsing is a rather average film. Its fun if you try not to think about it too much but I found it difficult to ignore the fact that they used every action/adventure/horror cliche imaginable. On the whole I preferred Underworld.

Although, if all you want to do is drool over Hugh Jackman wearing nothing more than ripped, barely-there trousers then this is the film for you.

Comment

Yes, I'm sorry to say that even a half naked Hugh Jackman didn't make me love this film. It wasn't absolutely wretched. I'm going on the assumption that they were actually trying to make it somewhat cheesy like the old school monster movies. It would have been much better if it had been about 45 minutes shorter. It really didn't need to be over 2 hours long.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Agreed as regards Van Helsing. I thought the basic story of the demon hunter sponsored by the Catholic Church has a lot of potential, but the film just didn't do it for me. Most of it was just one cliche after another. Dissappointing I thought. But... while we're on the subject...
                    There's a bit near the end when Van Helsing and Dracula are having their showdown and they're talking and Dracula reveals what Van Helsing's past is, and it's something to do with the ring on the finger and... the sound had cut out and I've no idea what either of them was saying at that point. Could someone maybe summarise that for me, just so I know what I missed.
                    sum ergo cogitum
                    I am therefore I think.

Comment

I'm not sure I can remember what the denoument of VH was...
                      I think it turned out that Drac and Van went back a long way. My brother has just said that the insignia on VH's ring was his family's emblem and either VH or his father was the person that killed Drac in the first place. The rest of it isn't very clear I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                      X