Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Star Trek movies poll - Vote them off the Island... one movie at a time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
    What I'm really amazed at is how people (especially Trek fans) are blaming Nemesis for the "demise" of Star Trek as we know it... I don't get it though, Nemesis obviously isn't a bad movie if it keeps clocking in somewhere in the middle of the Star Trek movies.
    I like that you put demise in quotes. I think any talk of the death of Star Trek is quite premature. I can remember the long drought between the cancellation of TOS and the first movie. And then wondering (since I thought it was so bad), if there would be another. Then after a string of movies, to have TNG and movies--well, it was just beyond my wildest dreams. Then DS9 and then VOY.... I'm not so sure that Enterprise, as bad as it was, was a death knell. Perhaps it's just time for a break, and Star Trek in some form or another will return (hopefully, sooner rather than later).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Nemesis didn't kill Star Trek. Enterprise killed Star Trek.
      err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
        Nemesis didn't kill Star Trek. Enterprise killed Star Trek.
        I agree with this. Enterprise was not bad. It just wasn't new. And Trek desperately needed a new, really new series. It was constructed as a prequel, but it followed the lines of a sequel: new bad guys, new vistas, new technology, etc. It didn't feel like a prequel. It tried too hard to top previous series that happened in a much more advanced timeline.

Comment

Working...
        X