This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD extras... convention experiences

I just watched Beyond the Gate A Convention Experience with Chris Judge, which is on the region 1 DVD and now I really really really really really want to see Amanda Tapping and Michael Shank's beyond thegate! I wish they were on the region 1 dvds!!! [MOD SNIP]
    Last edited by David; 03 December 2005, 02:12 PM.

Please don't ask to download programmes. It's not allowed on here.

Comment

Thats 4 times someone has asked for download tips today, kinda weird
      I hope i still get to see the CJ one, i have seen the MS and AT ones on Region 2 (the AT is funny but MS had me in stitches) I wonder if there is an RDA one there as well
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It's not allowed! Fine! haha can someone at least put a transcript up??

Comment

Requesting and pointing out download locations is forbidden on GateWorld Forum. Further offenses are dealt with harshly. I highly suggest you reread the Frequently Asked Questions before proceeding further, just to get your feet under you.

I wouldn't mind seeing a transcript of these extras myself.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            Thats 4 times someone has asked for download tips today, kinda weird
            Well, I guess hell has offically frozen over.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, just saw a review of season eight at Amazon.com. Says that you all in Australia get twice as many extras as we here in N. America. What gives? That's just bogus!
              Last edited by rohannen of zorbia; 03 December 2005, 09:09 PM.
              Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

I still think it's a real shame that the different regions can't share the same extras. I think it would be such a simple way not to piss off certain people. I mean, why give some people some material, and others different material? Doesn't make any sense to me.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Region 1 in North America Region 2 is Europe and so forth around the world I believe or I could be wrong.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, you know what? I'm gonna rant about this for a minute. I can't think of one good reason for one area of the world to have access to more DVD features than another. I only have two options available to me if I want to see the other extras:

1. Fly to Australia, buy a DVD player and season 8, and watch it there (this is assuming that Australian DVD players are incompatible with American electrical outlets and I don't know if that's the case or not).
                    2. Go the illegal route and do some evil downloading.

It's no wonder that piracy is as rampant as it is with all this nonsense going down. I don't get it, anyway. Is it censorship? Is there something in the extra features that somebody considered offensive to American viewers? Is it greed? Do they plan to release the features we missed as some sort of separate "extras" package? Who's in charge of these stupid decisions, anyway?

Ya know, I heard about the Japanese movie "Ringu" long before I heard of plans for the American version "The Ring." I heard that "Ringu" was a terribly frightening movie with a great surprise ending and that I should go and rent it as soon as possible. Being a sucker for a good horror movie, I went looking for a copy. I went to every retailer in my town. I went to Amazon and Ebay. I looked everywhere. You know what I found out? The studio that bought the rights to make "The Ring" were responsible. They wanted "The Ring" to be released in America before anyone here had a chance to see "Ringu."

This sort of backwards thinking has to stop! We're living in the information age, for cryin' out loud! International borders are becoming less and less important. When are the power-mongers in the American entertainment industry going to wake up to the times?!?

Comment

Originally posted by rohannen of zorbia
                      2. Go the illegal route and do some evil downloading.
                      Keep hush-hush about that topic. Just a tip.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You're kidding. I'm not even allowed to mention its existence? It's not like I'm advocating illegal activities.

Comment

I was mainly kidding, yeah.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Sorry. Got myself a little worked up, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by rohannen of zorbia
                              1. Fly to Australia, buy a DVD player and season 8, and watch it there (this is assuming that Australian DVD players are incompatible with American electrical outlets and I don't know if that's the case or not).
                              Or you could just get a multi-region DVD player and import the Region 4 boxset over...

If anyone wants it, I'll do a transcript of the Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks Convention Experience when I get a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X