This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Tolkien: Beyond the trilogy

A few weeks ago, I had an idea for going beyond the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Hobbit would be a must, and all the relevant actors from the trilogy ought to be in it. (duh) But then I thought about the Silmarilion. The idea of a movie for it was instantly dismissed. It is WAY too long to be told without making the diehards riot for a shortage of details. A series would meet the failings of telling the story in seasons. So then I thought: What if Peter Jackson did a miniseries on it? I've read some of it, and it really is too deep to tell in a regular series that can draw in normal viewers. So why not show it on Scifi? (one to one and a hlf hour epsodes sound good to you?)
    There's something else to producing a miniseries, something very close to my heart. There's a whole other gaming franchise waiting to be developed. Unlike the trilogy, the amazing number of characters in the Silmarilion effectively would prevent the whole thing from being told in one game or even three, because there are five parts to the book.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

On other forums, this has been discussed very indepth. I would love a Silmarillion movie, but your right, too many characters, too many things, to many details...

I think i would be satsified if they do make a movie (in much doubt though) if they centered on a certain character instead of the whole book, or your mini-series that you commented on. Because if they did multiple mini-series on different centralized characters, i would be satisfied.

Personally, i would love it if they focused on Luthien and Beren's love story. It would begin with a short prelude like in lotr: fotr it showed the war in the second age, except in this case, it would show the kinslaying at alqualande and the travel to Middle Earth and blah blah blah.

Or it could focus on the story of Turin, even though i really dislike his character... Haha... I think a movie/miniseries about him would be too- depressing.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
    X