This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roll on stargate

stargate is showing no signs of even slowing down after ten seasons. with new foes old foes and even a fith team member. does anyone els think this could go on forever. ( stargate rocks )

Hopefully it will, but i dont see it happining.
    Even Star Trek was on for decades but it had to end eventually.
    It will be a sad sad day when Stargate is pulled of the air.

Comment

it will go eventualy but it still has a few years yet ( decades sounds good )

Comment

i dont think itll last anymore than 12 seasons and thats a stretch

liklihood is that itll end after 10, not only because I think the show has been going downhill the past few seasons, but just because its getting very expensive to produce the show
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
          i dont think itll last anymore than 12 seasons and thats a stretch

liklihood is that itll end after 10, not only because I think the show has been going downhill the past few seasons, but just because its getting very expensive to produce the show
          Yeah I agree. When it comes down to the money part of it the big execs usually cut their losses and try to cancel as soon as the viewer numbers aren't what they used to be.

Comment

I'm in agreement.

I do kinda wish they'd finished after full circle, in that it was a nice place to end it. Then I thought, lost city was an excellent end, if they had had a little epilogue or something. Moebius was slightly disappointing in that we now don't know exactly how much has changed (if there's fish....).

Season nine has been amusing so far, but I'm scared that if they run much longer than season ten then instead of going out with a bang while they're still on top, they're going to drag and drag, gradually changing the cast until it ends up as a channel 5 soap opera.

Slight exaggeration, but you get the point.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankaras
              Yeah I agree. When it comes down to the money part of it the big execs usually cut their losses and try to cancel as soon as the viewer numbers aren't what they used to be.
              Yeah they will cut their loses when the ratings go down hill but when are any of us going to stop watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                I'm in agreement.

I do kinda wish they'd finished after full circle, in that it was a nice place to end it. Then I thought, lost city was an excellent end, if they had had a little epilogue or something. Moebius was slightly disappointing in that we now don't know exactly how much has changed (if there's fish....).

Season nine has been amusing so far, but I'm scared that if they run much longer than season ten then instead of going out with a bang while they're still on top, they're going to drag and drag, gradually changing the cast until it ends up as a channel 5 soap opera.

Slight exaggeration, but you get the point.
                yah, i reckon full circle would have been the perfect place to end the show. it was still brilliant back then, it was perfect in terms of resolution as they ended back on abydos, daniel was back, and it was just brilliant

i dont have a problem with them running longer than 10, its just a matter of quality. if it continues to go in the same direction as S9 then i shant be watching anymore tbh
                - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                  Yeah they will cut their loses when the ratings go down hill but when are any of us going to stop watching.
                  It's not just about "us", Deano. The militant and core fans of a show only make up a tiny (but vocal) proportion of viewers.

There are viewers than tune in every week without fail, but don't do Gateworld etc, viewers that watch when they have time etc... there's more to life than just the core fans.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    It's not just about "us", Deano. The militant and core fans of a show only make up a tiny (but vocal) proportion of viewers.

There are viewers than tune in every week without fail, but don't do Gateworld etc, viewers that watch when they have time etc... there's more to life than just the core fans.
                    So fans like me until mondy night when i descovered gateworld.

Comment

i think it will end at S11, atlantis might get to S5 but its likely the shows could merge near the end for a last orii/wraithvs tauri/asgard battle...with atlantis carriing on the fight longer because earth is under seige permentantly.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Deano

never, I love SG SG1 so much I watch season 4-8 (dont have 1-3 yet) all the time, I have even recorded the best episodes on min disk, I have about 20+ hours of audio. I listed to the episodes at work I have seen it so long I can visualize the show in my head, yeah I know I am weird...

Comment

yeah S4-8 are the crap ones! the anubis sagas comon! wheres the hard core exploring eps in there!
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Im a huge huge fan of Season 1-3, some of the best scifi episodes ever are found in those seasons
                            - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

my fave episosde was the time loop, damn that was funny,

Comment

Working...
                              X