This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Matter Of Time

After watching this episode again the other day, 2 things struck me as odd.

1) If the gravity from the black hole was so strong, how would this really of made the vortex on the back of the stargate actually happen? - Lets remember the wormhole is actually only disassembling atomic matter and transmitting it. It isn't actually a pipeway (Though these arguements still seem to be frequent on this board!)

2) Jack's old pal who drops into the vortex when his rope snaps. Presumably the time line is so slow while he's in the wormhole that by the time the weapon detonates he should of been transported safely to the safe planet should he not?

Answers on a postcard..

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

I'm not a physicist, but wouldn't it the matter be transmitted in a stream (matter stream) as opposed to a random cloud?

Ok, I haven't a clue about number two! Why don't you post this on the 'ask joe' forum?

Cheers
    (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

This thread Belongs Here- http://http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay

LOL Nice re-direct. Straight to the Microsoft home page
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
          LOL Nice re-direct. Straight to the Microsoft home page
          The link he meant to give was this one which goes to the episode thread.

To reduce the number of duplicate threads, if you have a question/comment about a specific episode, you should go to that specific season and find the official thread for that particular episode. If it's about a specific technical/scientific question, you can put it in the Science and Tech area instead. If it's about a particular character or relationship and a very specific question, you might want to check out the Characters and Relationships area. This area is for general stargate discussion, just like it says. It's not that you can't post specific questions here; just that if you put them where they're supposed to go you'll be more likely to get a quick reply.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter
            The link he meant to give was this one which goes to the episode thread.

To reduce the number of duplicate threads, if you have a question/comment about a specific episode, you should go to that specific season and find the official thread for that particular episode. If it's about a specific technical/scientific question, you can put it in the Science and Tech area instead. If it's about a particular character or relationship and a very specific question, you might want to check out the Characters and Relationships area. This area is for general stargate discussion, just like it says. It's not that you can't post specific questions here; just that if you put them where they're supposed to go you'll be more likely to get a quick reply.
            Yeah, I know. That's why I never start new threads. On a forum this size, there is no doubt threads on specific questions/comments have already been been started.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

To your first point, I think it was just a fancy effect that TPTB wanted to do. Perhaps there is no canon logic to it.

To the second thing, you make an interesting point. However an object entering the wormhole may not be subject to normal space-time dialations, so he may still have traveled to the planet in question at the normal stargate rate, in which case he would have arrived well before the explosion went off.

Comment

Working...
              X