Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A crossover idea.... possible 'foothold' situation??? The Wraith on Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A crossover idea.... possible 'foothold' situation??? The Wraith on Earth?

Hello all,

I just got the idea the other day as I was watching the SG1 episode, Foothold, on DVD... what if the Wraith actually won an assault against the Atlantis defenders, and managed to force their way onto Earth? How would the military personnel in Cheyenne Mountain handle the Wraith threat, right up close and in their faces instead of in Pegasus?

I see this as being a great way to work in some crossover possibilities... maybe a few Atlantis personnel survive and try to cause some havoc back in Atlantis for the Wrath, and have Teal'c, Mitchell, Jackson etc battling the Wraith on their own soil, a 'new' enemy for them that they're not used to combatting, would add some much-need change and drama, perhaps?

Thoughts, ideas and suggestions on this would be great - I don't know if I'd work on this myself, I'd like to but it would be a matter of trying to make it work well enough, but I think it holds some real promise as a 'what if' future episode...

Okay, thanks for reading, just a new thought on a possible fanfic story for a later time. Cheers,

Capt

I'll suffice with this: it seems like a good idea.
    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

It does seem like a good idea, and one i've personally toyed with for a while...but the major issue arose for me: Why the hell would the General incharge (Assuming Landry, as Mitchell was stated in you're post) open the Iris!? You'd need a bloody good reason.

Maybe a Wraith get the drop on them just as their about to evacuate (This also implies that they would need a Shield...wich brings up a point of, they'd need to drop the shield to dial Earth, assuming they don't have 3 power sources, or their using the last of their power to dial since they don't have any way of stopping the Wraith....Ah, alot of ideas possible...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
        It does seem like a good idea, and one i've personally toyed with for a while...but the major issue arose for me: Why the hell would the General incharge (Assuming Landry, as Mitchell was stated in you're post) open the Iris!? You'd need a bloody good reason.

Maybe a Wraith get the drop on them just as their about to evacuate (This also implies that they would need a Shield...wich brings up a point of, they'd need to drop the shield to dial Earth, assuming they don't have 3 power sources, or their using the last of their power to dial since they don't have any way of stopping the Wraith....Ah, alot of ideas possible...
        Okay, well I'm not really sure how I would see the actual battle to take Atlantis at the moment, but I would imagine the Earth expedition would be dealt some severe blows, and most of the party would either be decimated, or evacuate back to Earth, or spread out through the city to cause problems for the Wraith at a later date.

The entire city would fall into the hands of the Wraith, including of course a couple of people to be tortured and fed upon, and enough information in databanks from Earth to give the Wraith all the intel they need to feel comfortable about launching a recon assault, maybe followed on by a full invasion force, to assess this new feeding gound...

I personally dont think the Wraith have to have the iris shield to be lowered on Earth - the Tollans were former humans from Earth, advanced beyond the Tau'ri only because they did not suffer our unfortunate Dark Age, where science and medicine was asinine and herecy.

Now just think, these are aliens as powerful as the ANCIENTS. They DEFEATED the Ancients! Even the Goa'uld were able to give the iris a run for its money at some points, especially Anubis, so I think Wraith can take care of an Earth iris... but again, these are my thougths and assumptions, agree or disagree with me all you like on this.

The Atlantis iris, on the other hand, was Ancient technology, on an entirely new level than the iris on Earth. So I don't think theyre gonna find a way to circumvent that.

This story, I see it anyway, would probably be more of a resistance piece. A story about the Wraith sweeping throu Cheyenne Mountain, and getting out onto Earth to rampage their way around the planet. This will be a fight for the survival of the human race, and I think, with what we saw in 'the Siege' with those railguns and other assorted 'nicies', the Tau'ri can dish it out against the Wraith just as well as the Wraith can punch out at them.

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
          Hello all,

I just got the idea the other day as I was watching the SG1 episode, Foothold, on DVD... what if the Wraith actually won an assault against the Atlantis defenders, and managed to force their way onto Earth? How would the military personnel in Cheyenne Mountain handle the Wraith threat, right up close and in their faces instead of in Pegasus?

I see this as being a great way to work in some crossover possibilities... maybe a few Atlantis personnel survive and try to cause some havoc back in Atlantis for the Wrath, and have Teal'c, Mitchell, Jackson etc battling the Wraith on their own soil, a 'new' enemy for them that they're not used to combatting, would add some much-need change and drama, perhaps?

Thoughts, ideas and suggestions on this would be great - I don't know if I'd work on this myself, I'd like to but it would be a matter of trying to make it work well enough, but I think it holds some real promise as a 'what if' future episode...

Okay, thanks for reading, just a new thought on a possible fanfic story for a later time. Cheers,

Capt
          Two words: Dinner Time!

Comment

Working...
          X