This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum Deep

I'm doing a weird Quantum Leap style episode, a little like WoO but "Better".

It's a shippy Jack/Sam episode, where they get stuck, leaping from episode to episode, having to replay history.

The original idea was in Broca Divide when Jack say, "No, CARTER, No. Not like this!" And I thought, Like what, then? I thought maybe he's looking on it sort of retrospectively. He wants her, but when she's capable of thinking straight. Or he goes back, says that line and is, like "what the hell am I thinking? I turned down CARTER!"

Anyway, so far I've used the kiss scene from PoV, the hallucination from Grace, the lift from Chimera, the sidearm comment from Solitudes and then Heroes (I can't go on with this, Sir. I can't watch Janet die. Not again."

They've not even got it on yet, driving me mad. I kinda want them to, but at the same time, how do you get it in without betraying their personalities?

And any more suggestions for scenes?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Sounds pretty good. Perhaps the scene where she kills Martouf in Divide and Conquer, one of my all time favourite scenes
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

kewl!
      So Sam and Jack are striving to put right what once went wrong, hey?
      hmmm..... generall sg1 and co have saved the world and everything in the last 10 minutes but....

-> Scaraa dying
      -> Any one of Danny's many deaths
      -> Hundread Days; Jack has an offworld encounter
      -> In ENTITY; carter is overtaken by a virus and jack has to shoot her
      -> Paradise Lost; Sam struggles to find Jack.....
      -> MENACE; maybe the robot lives
      -> ABYSS; jack tourtred
      -> Changeling; does teal'c have to suffer?
      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Thanks both of you. I gues this'll turn into a fairly long fic. I'll have to mix it up a bit. At the moment I have a couple too many of Jack and Sam on their own, which means they can change history, because the history is only theirs to change. Those situations are probably best after things like torture and zatting, where there's either going to be sobbing, hugging, kissing or World War 3 on account of "whaddya do that for?"

Comment

BTW, a few examples of how I make jumps. By the end of the previous scene it's kinda different to the original. Plays out slightly differently. Like Jack isn't just a hallucination on the Prometheus. What do you think?

Grace to Chimera
          “Carter”
          “Sir”
          They spoke at the same time, then looked away embarrassed. Jack stood up and started to pace round the room. Carter joined him.
          “Bit uncomfortable, isn’t it?”

“A bit,” agreed Carter as the lift groaned. But the doors didn’t open.
          “Now this is *definitely* different.”
          Carter nodded uneasily. “Oh, yeah.”
          Chimera to Solitudes
          “Carter, don’t, that’s…”
          “Sir…”

“It’s my sidearm, I swear.”
          “Don’t lie,” laughed Carter, making a snowball and throwing it at him.
          Jack shifted. “I forgot how uncomfortable this was.”
          Solitudes to Heroes
          “Shut up and hold me,” snapped Jack jokingly. “That’s an order.”
          She wrapped herself up around him and sighed deeply. “Fancy an ice cream sir?”
          “I like vanilla over chocolate…”

“…My favorite color is peridot, I think Tibet should be free and if I could have dinner with anyone in the world it would be Mary Steenburgen." Jack rattled off to a less than impressed film crew.

Comment

Working...
          X