What Kate Did (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.

I had a feeling that Kate's great sin was a little bit darker than just killing an abusive parent out of desperation. Nice to know I was right. And nice to know the writers didn't take the easy way out and make Kate the typical "saintly battered woman" you see in TV shows a lot. Not that he didn't have it coming, but...that's some cold-blooded stuff she did. Kate is AT LEAST as messed up as Ana-Lucia.

I am personally dying to know what Eko's story is...
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I liked the interplay between Locke and Eko, they are both cut from the same cloth. I forsee some very interesting conversations between the two of them. One thing that bothers me is why didn't they watch the entire film that Eko brought with him instead of splicing together part from EKo's film to the film they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
        I liked the interplay between Locke and Eko, they are both cut from the same cloth. I forsee some very interesting conversations between the two of them. One thing that bothers me is why didn't they watch the entire film that Eko brought with him instead of splicing together part from EKo's film to the film they had.
        That's all there was to Eko's film - he had the missing part, and locke spliced it (by hand! - that'd be really annoying), into the original film. There is no more film.

Trust me - that little ity-bitty roll that Eko brought with him was only 1-3 mins. worth of film, which is what we saw (i mean, it takes 18 ft. of film to cover just 30 secs, for a reference point).

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
          I assumed that they did splice all of Eko's film in - it didn't look like it was much anyway. Eko seems like he recognizes the Dharma symbols - since he was wearing a suit when the plane crashed, I wonder if he is some sort of executive with the company (but doesn't necessarily know about this "experiment").

O-Ra - that was cool about the TV in the background when Kate was talking to her real dad!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
            That's all there was to Eko's film - he had the missing part, and locke spliced it (by hand! - that'd be really annoying), into the original film. There is no more film.

Trust me - that little ity-bitty roll that Eko brought with him was only 1-3 mins. worth of film, which is what we saw (i mean, it takes 18 ft. of film to cover just 30 secs, for a reference point).
            That makes more sense now, I thought when they were splicing it together, it was only a few inches of film.

Comment

I spent some of the episode wondering if Kate and Sawyer have a pre-flight connection. What if Wayne was the "original" Sawyer? I don't honestly think that'll turn out to be true, but it's an interesting thought.
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Pretty good ep. I was gratified to see Kate isn't innocent. She murdered the dude, plain and simple. The "fugitive with a heart of gold" thing was getting lame. I can't say I was surprised her mother turned her in, either. Her daughter killed the man she loved, no matter how awful he may have been.

At any rate, Michael talking to Walt? Creepy, that. Is Walt still with the others? Do they have a computer? And just what splices were there in that film? Perhaps it provides more information on what will happen if the numbers aren't entered.

Also, Sawyer is awake. Although I enjoy staring at his naked chest in bed, I missed his smartass comments and delicious accent. I also find him to be one of the more interesting characters, so I'm glad he's back in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                  I spent some of the episode wondering if Kate and Sawyer have a pre-flight connection. What if Wayne was the "original" Sawyer? I don't honestly think that'll turn out to be true, but it's an interesting thought.
                  that's a really great idea - after all, i doubt any epsidoe save for the SERIES finale will show the castaways, in present day, off the island. sawyer can't get his revenge unless another castaway had killed the original sawyer already.

Comment

and guys, i just saw it...
                    anybody noticed a little pearl?

When kate enters Army offices of hiring, on the TV there is an image of news, with SAHYD arrested did you got it ?
                    PRETTY FANTASTIC example of LOST guy's cross over life !

Comment

I thought the ep was so COOL!!! Sawyer is AWAKE!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

I've been waiting forever for Sawyer to get up and running his mouth off.
                      I said this on another post before, I REALLY DON'T like ghosts and spirits rummaging around and taking control of Sawyer's body. Why do they just have to get the one who's weak and hurt(And Kate's love) Poor Sawyer!!!! So not fair at all!!!! I hope Kate gets together with Sawyer, he is so much better for her!!!

10/10, best ep of the Series!!!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by djmc26
                        and guys, i just saw it...
                        anybody noticed a little pearl?

When kate enters Army offices of hiring, on the TV there is an image of news, with SAHYD arrested did you got it ?
                        PRETTY FANTASTIC example of LOST guy's cross over life !
                        I had to go back and sure enough there he was.

What I really want to know is if Locke works for Hugo's Box company.

Comment

Originally posted by jmallx
                          What I really want to know is if Locke works for Hugo's Box company.
                          Yes he does. It's a given.
                          It's also why Locke calls him Hugo, and everyone else calls him Hurley. He never told anyone his name was Hugo. But Locke knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            sorry bud, you're not getting an episode next week.
                            Far as I know the next episode isn't until January.
                            That's why the preview didn't say "next week" it just said "Wednesdays at 9pm"

Also I can't believe Kate's mother turned her in. Kate should have blown her up too.
                            Stupid insert explicitive I can't say here.
                            No!!!!!!!! What the hell???? Every show I watch takes break until January! Stargate, Smallville, Gilmore Girls, and now Lost/???? Kill the TV people!!!!!!!!!!

anyhow. The episode was really interesting I think. But do you think that Kate did was that bad? I mean yea it's bad to kill someone but would you really let someome beat up your mom and let them have fantasies about you?? And Kate was bluffing when she said that she killed him because she was a part of him. If he was a good person then she wouldn't have hated him, don't you think hm?

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                              But do you think that Kate did was that bad? I mean yea it's bad to kill someone but would you really let someome beat up your mom and let them have fantasies about you?? And Kate was bluffing when she said that she killed him because she was a part of him. If he was a good person then she wouldn't have hated him, don't you think hm?
                              Think about what the Marshal said. The abuse had been going on for a long time, and Kate could have killed her stepfather at any point. It was only when she realized he was her biological father that she snapped. In her mind, that made her just as bad as he was, so she became that.

And remember, she didn't just KILL him. She laid out a plan far in advance. It wasn't enough to simply shoot him; she had to burn him and all his possessions down. She was trying to completely wipe out his existence...and by extension, wipe out her own, because she was part of him.
                              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                              What have these years left to me?
                              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                                And remember, she didn't just KILL him. She laid out a plan far in advance. It wasn't enough to simply shoot him; she had to burn him and all his possessions down. She was trying to completely wipe out his existence...and by extension, wipe out her own, because she was part of him.
                                I agree. It doesn't matter what a scumbag Wayne was, Kate murdered him. It was premeditated and there's no justification. As for her mother turning her in, it's completely understandable. Kate's mother loved Wayne and Kate killed him. What should her mother have done? She couldn't simply turn a blind eye to something like that. Kate seems to feel some measure of remorse or confusion, but it doesn't change what she did or what she capable of. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying Kate is the evil b*tch monster of death, but what she did is not okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X