No announcement yet.

What Kate Did (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Kate finds herself attracted to Sawyer because that's the only type of person she'll let herself be attracted to, someone who's as bad as her. She's attracted to Jack, but she fights it because she thinks he's too good for her. She had a moment of weakness and kissed him letting her true feelings out, but then pulled back when she realized what she was doing and shut herself up again. I think it's going to be interesting when she realized that Sawyer isn't the jerk he plays to be. But maybe by that time she'll realize she can have someone besides the 'bad' guy.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
      Jack knew she was upset and didn't want to take advantage. Sawyer represents Wayne while Jack represents the 'good guy'.
      I agree. I was afraid to mention the kiss because you invariably get shippers flying at you from all directions stuffing their opinions down your throat with a spiked spoon covered in three month old gravy. Er, no offense intended to shippers of course. It's just sadly been my experience.

It seemed to me that Kate was trying to repress her thoughts on Wayne and her attraction to Sawyer. She wanted to get away from her "bad side." Sawyer=Wayne=Bad Side. Focusing her frustration on Jack was a way of avoiding Sawyer.

Please note: I'm not suggesting Kate isn't attracted to Jack. I'm merely suggesting in that particular moment, the kiss was based more on desperation than actual attraction to Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
        I think Kate finds herself attracted to Sawyer because that's the only type of person she'll let herself be attracted to, someone who's as bad as her. She's attracted to Jack, but she fights it because she thinks he's too good for her. She had a moment of weakness and kissed him letting her true feelings out, but then pulled back when she realized what she was doing and shut herself up again. I think it's going to be interesting when she realized that Sawyer isn't the jerk he plays to be. But maybe by that time she'll realize she can have someone besides the 'bad' guy.
        I don't know if it's meant play into this, but the only man Kate ever loved was also a doctor, Tom. Maybe kissing Jack reminded her that good people suffer because of her. Jack has that "I'll stick with you through thick and thin" mentality that Tom had, which got him killed. Guys like Sawyer are basicly self-centered and so can take care of themselves, which is easier to handle for an emotional cripple like Kate.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

did anyone notice the horse trainer's hand on the screen when sawyer and kate saw the black horse?
          i saw it on my first time through, ill make a cap of it soon...

Comment

Well that was an interesting ep.
            At least now we know 'what kate did' pardon the pun.
            However Im more interested in the film. There must be more to it since there is quite a cut from when the man says 'do not use the computer' till when he says 'congratulations, amaste and good luck'.
            Oh and that ending with The Computer. Now that is a cliffhanger expecially with the look on Michaels face as he mouths 'Walt'.
            Oh and that preview for next weeks ep looks so brilliant. We are going to find out about Ekos past and also The Shadow Monster thing is back again !!! I cant wait !!!!
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

This episode was wery cool.Enspecially that kiss.

Comment

Working...
              X