This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension (SPOILERS FOR EPIPHANY)

I decided to post this thread because i couldnt find the thread where there was a big discussion on ascension.
    I'm gonna spoiler tag the following incase someone accidentally enters here and doesnt wish to read spoilers

Spoiler:
    Anyway we finally have proof that you dont have to die to ascend,
    the group of people inside the time dilation? field were alive and well when they ascended. And can someone tell me who made the time field? was it the ancients? or a differetn race?

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Ancients made it
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Ancients made it
      Exactly. The ancients made it because it basically afforded those who entered the sanctuary a chance to live a lifetime where only a span of a few days/weeks passed outside the sanctuary's barrier.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Surely Oma and her Acension retreat at Kheb prooved that, for Ascension, all that was required was some reflection quite meditation to ascend -> i didn't think Daniel read (on the walls) that you had to die? but Ascension IS the next step when you do die?
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I think that it was said that you "essentially" have to die. By ascending, you are leaving this world or plain of existence behind, so yes, you are passing on or dying, and also in the sense that you don't have requirements of living beings.

No, ascension is not what happens automatically after dying, because then you'd have people like A Pop Quiz ascended, and we can't have that.

After all, the idea of Heroes was to prove that death is death. Ascension isn't always an option.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Actually, ascension is always an option, it is just that most people are unable to see the path that leads to it. Death, it is a requirement for ascension, you can't be ascended, and still be a physical being, so the physical body must be eliminated one way or another, in order to exist truly in ascended form.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              Actually, ascension is always an option, it is just that most people are unable to see the path that leads to it. Death, it is a requirement for ascension, you can't be ascended, and still be a physical being, so the physical body must be eliminated one way or another, in order to exist truly in ascended form.
              You do NOT die.
              Daniel did not die in Meridian, he turned his body into energy. THat simple.
              Otherwise, the body would have stayed tehre.
              Same thing with the monk, (tho I believe he was actaully Oma).
              In a sense you 'die' in that you no longer interact with our phyiscal plane, but you don't 'die' in the sense that life leaves your body.
              It is NOT a requirement to die or be near death to ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                ....you can't be ascended, and still be a physical being, so the physical body must be eliminated one way or another, in order to exist truly in ascended form.
                The body must be transformed (into energy), not eliminated. If the body were eliminated, then (not only would you be dead, but) you wouldn't ever be able to re-convert it back into a physical form to de-ascend.
                There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                  The body must be transformed (into energy), not eliminated. If the body were eliminated, then (not only would you be dead, but) you wouldn't ever be able to re-convert it back into a physical form to de-ascend.
                  In that case, why does Daniel say in Heroes pt 1 that he had to die a slow and horrible death first?

I seem to remember one of TPTB saying that you essentially die first, which is why I said it, and 2 it makes the most sense. Because although you don't actually have to die, you are moving on. Daniel's original body did die, he was obviously given a new body when he de-ascended.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Daniel did say that.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It depends on your definition of death I suppose
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Working...
                      X