X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSI loses two cast members

And the ship hits the fan...

Sorry, but in a bizarre way, it does seem appropropriate.

Variety broke the news tonight that CBS fired George Eads and Sara Sidle (Nick Stokes & Sara Sidle, respectively) for breach of contract.

It's been about two hours since hte news broke, and the Grissom/Sara lists are... um... busy, and well, tomorrow should be interesting on CSI boards.

News is being compiled and followed at:
    http://members.aol.com/JRD203/csi.htm

Which series? Miami or Las Vegas?

Did you know they are making a New York version also?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Wow - that's going to change the show's dynamic! Was Eads tired of playing second hunk to Grissom? hehehe
      sigpic

Comment

Where did you read/hear this? I thought the actor that was playing Grissom was leaving?!
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Thank you for the information. I work 6 to 10 so I don't get to see much of TV E news. Yes they will both be sadly missed by me. Its been on for what? 5 years and when you loss someone that, is important to a show, they are hard to replace, and still have the same chemistry in the show. Lossing two is twice as hard.

Comment

That's why they have 50 spinoffs to fill in in case one of them fails.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I just read the article at zap2it.com about how the two got fired, CBS is pretty stupid, CSI may loose a lot of fans, but yah thats just me being sad because the two is leaving, but the actor Grissom is leaving as well when his contract is up, so boom, there goes three of the original cast.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

LOS ANGELES - Two stars of the CBS hit television series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" were fired for breach of contract, KCBS-TV and Variety reported Thursday.

Actors Jorja Fox (news) and George Eads, who play investigators Sara Sidle and Nick Stokes, were fired after asking for more money to stay on the show, according to the reports.

Danica Smith, publicist for both Fox and Eads, told The Associated Press that Fox was fired Wednesday but did not have details. Smith could not confirm whether Eads was fired.

A CBS spokesman said the network had no comment.

Eads didn't show up for work Thursday, the first day of production for the next season, according to the news station and Variety, which posted a story on its Web site Thursday.

The actors were in the fifth of their seven-year contracts.

Though a search was under way for their replacements, it's unclear whether show creators will recast the characters or develop new ones, the reports said.

The show picked up four Emmy nominations Thursday, including one for best drama series.

Seven year contracts?!?! Damn....
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

It's time for the SG-1 and SG:A to sign 7-year contracts now IMO:>

Comment

I'm not sure RDA would sign it
                    sigpic

Comment

They've done 7½, what's 7 more

Comment

Any idea what's meant by breach of contract?

It's a shame they'll be soling Sara, but since TPTB have been decimating her character to pump up the ship, maybe that's a good thing.

Nick Stokes... Again, not much of a loss, IMO. Although I'm sure folks are upset to be losing one of the "hotties".

Y'know, it's funny, but the only character I actually really care about is Greg Sanders. They could lose the whole cast but for Greg and the ME guy with the fake legs and as long as the stories were still good, I'd still watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Any idea what's meant by breach of contract?
                          They didn't show up for work on the first day of filming for the new season, holding out to renegotiate their contracts. More information at--

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...-firings_x.htm

CSI has fired two cast members after they didn't show up for work in a salary dispute. They've gone from looking for clues to looking for jobs: CSI stars George Eads and Jorja Fox played hardball and lost during a salary dispute.

George Eads, who plays Nick Stokes, and Jorja Fox, who plays Sara Sidle, were dismissed by CBS Thursday, the first day of scheduled filming on the show's fifth season. Both had three years left in their current contracts. But as actors often do, they held out for bigger pay increases.

The network, which refused to comment, is said to already have begun casting replacement actors for similar roles. CBS chief Leslie Moonves appears to be setting a hard-line example by refusing to negotiate with actors still under contract, particularly those in supporting roles. Co-star Marg Helgenberger also is angling for more money, and although she called in sick Thursday, she is expected to return. The other actors, including William Petersen, were not affected.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            They've done 7½, what's 7 more
                            14 and a half?

Comment

Contract negotiations are such funny things, I really wouldn't be surprised if one or both wind up back to work within a week or two. As much as CBS is sick of the contract renegotiations, there's the press release and then there's what's actually happening behind the scenes. They're probably still quietly talking to the agents and discussing options. These things are rarely quite as over as the public statements make them seem.
                              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Working...
                              X