This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water

i was looking at sg1 in thier flackjackets when they go thrue the gate and i noticed that they didnt seem to bring any water with them
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

They would if they were going to a desert planet. The MALP tells them what the environment is like before they go on a mission.

Or they take along fresh drinking mayim (water) wherever they go but it's someplace where we can't see like strapped to their leg or inside their jackets?

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
      They would if they were going to a desert planet. The MALP tells them what the environment is like before they go on a mission.

Or they take along fresh drinking mayim (water) wherever they go but it's someplace where we can't see like strapped to their leg or inside their jackets?
      Sounds about right to me.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it's one of those convenience things.

personally? i think it'd be sop to always bring their own water. you never know what buggies are in it and the last thing they need is to get sick from drinking the water

chances are the reason they don't bring water bottles is just because the actors find it a pain, probably literally, to deal with them
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe the MALP has tanks and compartments for food, provisions, water and medical supplies? They do tend to leave it on planets while they are there.

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
            i was looking at sg1 in thier flackjackets when they go thrue the gate and i noticed that they didnt seem to bring any water with them
            i will have to taker a look and get back to u on this one
            carter "colone?"
            o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Also standard survival kits would have filters and chemicals that can be added to water to kill nasties too.

Comment

I agree, bui then, since when would our medicine stuff kill foriegn diseases? The malp idea also sounds like a good one, too.

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Water when they are on another planet, its in their trailers

Comment

They use camel packs carried on their backs which are then covered by their flak-vests/armor.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                      Also standard survival kits would have filters and chemicals that can be added to water to kill nasties too.
                      true. but like Lee said, those chemicals can't be counted on to be workable against bugs that they don't know exist.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To be honest, the show's producers are probably hoping that the plots are so engaging that people aren't looking for minor discrepancies like this.

What do they know about Gateheads?
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                          I agree, bui then, since when would our medicine stuff kill foriegn diseases? The malp idea also sounds like a good one, too.
                          Originally posted by Skydiver
                          true. but like Lee said, those chemicals can't be counted on to be workable against bugs that they don't know exist.
                          Well if were going to be compatible with our bodies enough for it to be able to make us sick then that means it's going to have to have similar chemistry. Therefore the things (like chlorine) that kill all earthly bacteria that can make us sick should also kill them. In fact, as likely as not, they're probably in some way related to ones on the earth. I mean, these planets all have stargates which means people have been travelling among them all, including the earth, which would tend to spread things like bacteria around such that you're likely to find some of the same types on all the worlds.

Sure there may be a small chance it won't work. There's also a small chance that they could pick up a bug by touching something with their hands and then contacting another part of the body where it can enter or through a cut or a scratch (or, for instance, when opening up their water container or when the container contacts something on that planet) and then they drink it and get it that way. Or, heck, even by simply BREATHING. And god forbid contact with the locals who probably would be harboring TONS of germs that are definitely compatible with human physiology and are completely alien to earth.

It's all a calculated risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            it's one of those convenience things.

personally? i think it'd be sop to always bring their own water. you never know what buggies are in it and the last thing they need is to get sick from drinking the water

chances are the reason they don't bring water bottles is just because the actors find it a pain, probably literally, to deal with them
                            so leave them empty
                            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                              Well if were going to be compatible with our bodies enough for it to be able to make us sick then that means it's going to have to have similar chemistry. Therefore the things (like chlorine) that kill all earthly bacteria that can make us sick should also kill them.
                              not if its a nano virus

Comment

Working...
                              X