This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Vs Stargate?

Out of Star Wars and Stargate, which one of the many galaxys would win?
    Me and me mate, have been having is argument for quite some time now :roll: he says Star wars, only becasue The Empire decided to make loads of Super Wepons :roll:

He also says that a Normal Storm Truper army would Win agains a Kull Warrior army...

How wrong can he be?

Anyway, What do you guys think?
    Pete

starwars, the difference is the base's for each show are totally opposing.
    jedi = what in stargate
    storm troopers = what in Sg
    death star = what in Sg

theres no comparison.....starwars would win because they have technology that is completely OTT and has a much bigger budget!
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Not to mention the Sith Lords that are running the show. Guns really are not very effective against a Sith.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Not to mention the StarWars ppl have the Force.
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

i mean if you were to say for example, the great allience vs the republic, that would be a little more interesting but you cant just generalise it to SGuni vs. SWuni.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

lol well we thought we could send O'Neil & Teilc to take out the Jedi and the KULL WARRIORS against the Stormtropers ( I mean come on E-11 Blasters V Kulls )

ah well.

Nice board BTW

Comment

yeah sure id love to see, ok spoof ring matchs top 5
              mace windu vs ronan
              yoda vs a nox
              shepard vs anakin
              princess lea vs teyla
              mkcay vs jaja

in ships it love to see atlantis ( full powered & armed) vs. the death star
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                in ships it love to see atlantis ( full powered & armed) vs. the death star
                Somehow I think Atlantis would get blown out of the water by the Death Star. And don't forget the Sun Crusher, if you've read the novels... Nobody in SG has anything that comes close, except maybe the Ori...

Hey... Ori vs. Jedi. That would be interesting.

I feel a crossover fic coming on...

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Ya, SW just uses way more advanced tech not to mention the force. SG tech is nowaday earth with some cool energy weapons. The ancient weapon found in Antarctica though would be SG's best comparison, and could maybe take out the deathstar!
                  "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                    Somehow I think Atlantis would get blown out of the water by the Death Star. And don't forget the Sun Crusher, if you've read the novels... Nobody in SG has anything that comes close, except maybe the Ori...

I feel a crossover fic coming on...
                    I don't know, the Ancient sheild is really strong when fully powered, and those drones can do serious damage. But who can be sure really.
                    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Star wars meddium turbo lasers, which are the second most powerful gun on major warships,(NOT including Superweapons) are 200 gigaton in yield, while stargate most powerful explosion seen, was at LEAST a TERATON in yield, the MK9s. Stargate universe may stand a chance if they are able to construct enough of these and make it their standard weapon on ships and enough ships to actually fight the huge numbers of the Galatic Republic, Imperial or Alliance fleets

Comment

Somehow I think Atlantis would get blown out of the water by the Death Star.
                        Yeah, I don't think Atlantis' shield would work against a weapon designed to destroy an entire planet.

And don't forget the Sun Crusher, if you've read the novels... Nobody in SG has anything that comes close, except maybe the Ori...
                        Bah, Sam did it in season 4. Shooting a Stargate dialed into a black hole at a star has the exact same results.

It'd be over so fast the Jedi wouldn't know how they died. Oh, you probably meant Prior vs. Jedi...

Originally posted by solar wind
                        Ya, SW just uses way more advanced tech not to mention the force.
                        The force = being nearly ascended. Ben Kenobi = ascended.

SG tech is nowaday earth with some cool energy weapons.
                        Actually, you have a point here. Much of the Stargate tech is really only a few hundred, or perhaps a thousand years ahead of us. The ancients have lived for millions of years. I wonder what they did besides advancing their technology?

The ancient weapon found in Antarctica though would be SG's best comparison, and could maybe take out the deathstar!
                        Or not!

Originally posted by helio9
                        I don't know, the Ancient sheild is really strong when fully powered, and those drones can do serious damage. But who can be sure really.
                        It's a fairly easy concept to work out:

Deathstar = capable of destroying an entire planet in a single shot.

Atlantis shield = capable of protecting the city from 10 Wraith hive ships orbital bombardment for a few days.

See? The Deathstar doesn't even need to hit Atlantis; it can simply destroy the planet Atlantis is on.

Star wars meddium turbo lasers, which are the second most powerful gun on major warships,(NOT including Superweapons) are 200 gigaton in yield, while stargate most powerful explosion seen, was at LEAST a TERATON in yield, the MK9s.
                        The MK9 (aka "gate buster") is a multi-gigaton, not teraton nuke. A teraton is a trillion (billion to our friends in the UK) tons of TNT. The Gsate Buster was probably just over 1 gigaton, hence Carter calling it a multi-gigaton explosion in Beachhead.

Sorry, but the weapons shown in Stargate just aren't as advanced as the weapons in Starwars. It's actually kind of disappointing when you think about it.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I think atlantis has an advantage over the death star, the fact it can cloak...

So atlantis flies right up to the death star, whilst cloaked, unleashs thousands of drones right up the death stars ass.

Failing that, use a cloaked puddle jumper with a nuke on board, fly it to the centre of the death star and boom!

Also universe vs universe, implying all sg enemies and allies united, against republic and rebels. lets think

SW: imperial star fleet: 1 super star destroyer, 10s-100s of star destroyers, a death star, several thousand tie fighters/bombers, thousands of storm troopers who couldnt hit a barn door from 2 ft.
                          Rebel alliance: x-wings, a-wings, b-wings, y wings galore and a handful of capital ships.

SG: Go'auld: apophis' 50 cloakable ha'tak, anubis ancient upgraded ha'tak, plus mothership with eye weapon, thousands of glider and alkesh, Kull warriors, immune to normal blaster fire.
                          Asgard: Several beliskner class ships, a couple of O'neill class ships. (do remember these can cross a galaxy in a few seconds)
                          Replicators: invincible footsoldiers (bar ancient weaponry), any other races ships, upgraded to silly extremes.
                          Ancients: Atlantis, fully powered, several cloakable puddle jumpers, more drones than you can possibly imagine.
                          Tauri: 3 daedalus class ships, ancient outpost weapon, SG:1 the best infantry known to exist in the multiverse
                          Jaffa: Many ha'tak, hundreds of gliders, several alkesh

Not to mention, tollan ion cannons, nox cloak ability, sentinel weapon, the ori, the ancients (ascended) oh and the vast numbers of the wraith that would love to suck the life out of all those stormtroopers...
                          Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

The fully trained Jedi is a superiour fighter (without using the force) to a fully trained Jaffa. Would deal easly with the Wraith as well. Also in the hand to hand combat, SGC personel would take the short end of the stick.
                            As for the villans anyone pales comparing to Palpatine or the Sith Lords. Hm, I wonder who would win the match between the Siths and the Priors (with the help of the Ori, alone I think, they don't stand a chance).
                            As for technology I agree with KRiZ. The SW universe comes a bit short.

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
                              I think atlantis has an advantage over the death star, the fact it can cloak...

So atlantis flies right up to the death star, whilst cloaked, unleashs thousands of drones right up the death stars ass.
                              And how does the ship fly through space without it's shield up? Remember, the shield has to be up in order to protect the buildings and maintain it's environment. They can't have the cloak and the shield on at the same time, so if you turn on the cloak in space, and it's like opening an airlock door.

Failing that, use a cloaked puddle jumper with a nuke on board, fly it to the centre of the death star and boom!
                              Yeah, but in the Star Wars universe, no ship that small has a cloaking device...

Also universe vs universe, implying all sg enemies and allies united, against republic and rebels. lets think
                              That is a completely ridiculous scenario. If anything, it'd be the SGC + Allies and the Rebels versus the SGC enemies and the Empire.

Originally posted by Cylean
                              The fully trained Jedi is a superiour fighter (without using the force) to a fully trained Jaffa.
                              Without using the force, the Jedi is a normal person.

Jaffa > Jedi

Would deal easly with the Wraith as well.
                              Without using the force: Wraith > Jedi

Also in the hand to hand combat, SGC personel would take the short end of the stick.
                              Again, without using the force: Special Forces > Jedi

As for the villans anyone pales comparing to Palpatine or the Sith Lords.
                              Ascended beings would kick their buttocks.

Hm, I wonder who would win the match between the Siths and the Priors (with the help of the Ori, alone I think, they don't stand a chance).
                              This might be a good fight.

As for technology I agree with KRiZ. The SW universe comes a bit short.
                              That's because KriZ totally gimped the Star Wars universe forces...
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X