This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With The News Articles At GateWorld

Is anyone else having trouble getting the news article pages to load up at GateWorld? Whenever i click on a story it goes to the page but nothing except the ad at the top appears. Everything else at the site works fine for me (the blogs, the episode guides, the omnipedia, etc) but not the news, for some reason.

I've tried refreshing the pages several times and even gone as far as emptying my Temporary Internet Folder but still nothing shows. Anyone here experiencing the same thing or who know how to sort it?

Originally posted by Gate Freak
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the news article pages to load up at GateWorld? Whenever i click on a story it goes to the page but nothing except the ad at the top appears. Everything else at the site works fine for me (the blogs, the episode guides, the omnipedia, etc) but not the news, for some reason.

I've tried refreshing the pages several times and even gone as far as emptying my Temporary Internet Folder but still nothing shows. Anyone here experiencing the same thing or who know how to sort it?
    Uh, yeah. The same thing was happening to me only it has stopped (by itself) so I don't really know what it was or how to help.

Comment

Well, at least now i know it's probably not a fault with my computer. That is a start anyway, lol. Cheers!

Comment

I have the same problem, it loads up eventully but takes ages
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yup. I'll chime in here and say the same's happening to me.
          sigpic

Comment

I have that problem to. I know the problem isn't in my computer, because I used my mom's laptop and didn't open the pages as well.

Mods, can this be fixed, please.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I know this is an issue for several people, and I'm hoping that our server admin we be able to make some sense of it when he returns from vacation.

For me the news and poll pages load except for the right-side ad and gray line, and footer, then the browser spins its wheels for a couple of minutes before the rest load. This indicates that the server may be serving part of the file, then stalling before serving the end of the file.

We'll do everything we can to get things back in working order for those still experiencing this!
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think I've isolated the problem and fixed it. Please give the news stories and poll another go and let me know if it's loading properly for you now!
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yep, whatever you did you solved the problem, for me at least. The news pages are loading straight up now.

Cheers for that, Darren. Much appreciated!

Comment

Thank you very much, Darren. It's working perfectly now.

Comment

Thanks Darren. It's working fine for me too.
                      sigpic

Comment

working back at full speed, thanks darren.

[prior]Hallowed are the Moderators[/prior]
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                        X