Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Satisfied" with the direction of the show:)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Satisfied" with the direction of the show:)

When i say 'satisfied', it means its just right for me I know theres another thread about this topic, but thats all about how people are not liking the way the show is going, but i want to express my opinion on why I think the supposed last season, or 8th season, seems to me a good start after all the negative views on S7.

Sure, people don't like stand-alone episodes, some people do, stand-alone episodes have their own pros, but also cons, i'm a person who likes story arcs, and stand-alone episodes, but thats just me i'm speaking for Pros would be that people who are new to the show wouldn't need background information on past episodes to know whats happening. While the episode may have nothing to do with the previous episode, even after something big happened, the story doesn't reflect on anything that has happened, maybe a little mention, but they show no reaction or feeling towards what has happened, i understnad its 'Television', but thats why they should try their absolute best to make it realistic, as much as they can that is.

I myself would like to see Teal'c in his personal life rather than Sam's, but i'm not complaining about how they show Sam's personal life more either. I mean, we have seen practically 5-6 in a half seasons of 'non personal' episodes about new cultures and new races, and new discoveries, why can't we have a season or two with a few episodes about problems in their lives that are effected because they have to be secretive. I don't want to fight people on how people want story plots that don't include relationships, because i too too much of that isn't good.

I'm pretty angered that they haven't introduced us in person to the last remaining race of the alliance of four, and although people say we still have Atlantis for them to introduce us with, i would rather keep the Furlings in SG1 because thats where we first learned about them, and i want to keep the shows seperate, but not too- seperate because i want Atlantis to have their own enemies, problems, and such, not SG1's. I have much more things on my mind to opinion on, but i think this is lengthy enough, although not as lengthy as others, this is lengthy for me
    Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 15 July 2004, 02:48 PM.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Too hard to read. Try to structure it a bit please:>

Comment

Too hard to read, or you just don't want to read it because its one big ole paragraph But ok, too 'make it easy', i will

Comment

I am also happy with the way things are going. Can't WAIT for Atlantis!!!
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          I am also happy with the way things are going. Can't WAIT for Atlantis!!!
          Me glad i'm not the only one, for both reasons that is

Comment

I have no idea what your talking about. Do you speak english as a primary language?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              I have no idea what your talking about. Do you speak english as a primary language?
              Sadly i don't, i speak Tagalog (Filipino Language) as a first language, and i am currently learning Japanese. Although i know most of the basics of English, i still have many problems.

What i'm trying to say in my post is that i'm happy, and not disatisfied on the direction the show is going. My post was on how i feel about somethings that are commonly discussed on this board, i know i didn't really 'clearly' explain myself, because of a little minor language mishap, but i tried my best

Comment

Stand-alone or story arch, as long as I enjoy the show, I'm happy. I enjoyed New Order a lot. So I'm happy.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Thnx for fixing it. And yeah, I rather see Teal'cs personal life then Carters. But then again Teal'c isn't human and that's probably why. Carter is just a regular person outside of the SGC and if I wanted to see now real women are, I would just go out

And having the Furlings in Atlantis would just be too convinient, wow we've went 7 years without hearing a word about them and suddenly when we change galaxies we hear about them right away

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    And having the Furlings in Atlantis would just be too convinient, wow we've went 7 years without hearing a word about them and suddenly when we change galaxies we hear about them right away
                    Thats exactly how i feel, although SG1 hasn't particularily been searching for the Furlings, it would have been a total letdown if they suddenly popped up in Atlantis. And oh yes your welcome, i myself was getting annoyed by loosing where i was reading, ahah...

Comment

Or it could make perfect sense. "Ah, now I see why we haven't seen much of the Furlings - they've been hangin' around in Pegasus all this time."

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        Or it could make perfect sense. "Ah, now I see why we haven't seen much of the Furlings - they've been hangin' around in Pegasus all this time."
                        Although i would understand if they did that, that would just make me mad, but not mad at the sametime, because they finally introduce us the long lost Furlings, and SG1 doesn't even get to meet them! Well maybe if they did find them in Atlantis, and fix the gate to return home, maybe they will...

Comment

But we know stuff about the Ancients and they aren't in our galaxy. Neither are the Asgard and we know stuff about them.

I really hope we'll see the Furlings (I'm sure Fluffy is one!) in season 8.

Maybe they should ask the Asgard right out "Who are/were the Furlings?"

Comment

Maybe they should ask the Asgard right out "Who are/were the Furlings?"
                            Thor: "I, uh... I don't remember."

Comment

O'Neill: You are the weakest link!
                              Thor: NO! NO! I'm sorry! I'll tell you everything, I swear!

Comment

Working...
                              X