• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collision (208)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    COLLISION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208

Ana Lucia holds Sayid at gunpoint after killing someone close to him, forcing her to relive her troubled past as a police officer. The tail section survivors are reunited with the rest of the castaways.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:54 PM.

It was an okay episode. I only saw bits an pieces of it, mainly because I was working on my computer (mostly posting here, on the forum) and watching the show (turned it on at about 15 minutes in). Man I can't wait till next week, it looks like a good episode.
    sigpic

Comment

It was a good episode, but I'm really tired of Ana Lucia. The backstory, while helping me see why she's like she is, didn't do a whole lot to make me sympathetic towards her. I personally think she's a little bit whacked in the head and a very loose cannon.

Loved the Kate/Jack playfulness and the Kate/Sawyer/Jack interplay. Kate definitely cares about Sawyer more than she should and Jack's at least a little bit jealous.

The reuniting or Rose/Bernard was just beautiful. I'd love to see their backstory. And Jin and Sun were really sweet too.

Next week's episode looks interesting. Given the title could we possibly be going to finally learn "What Kate Did"?
      Last edited by KatG; 24 November 2005, 06:40 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Jack was certainly surprised to hear that Ana-Lucia was there and that got my wondering what kind of backstory those two have? I mean we know they met in the bar but from the look on Jack's face there was more too it.

Comment

Good ep, IMO. Topped last week's because we got to see some justification for AL's actions. I think she and Sayid are made for each other. I always felt that the Sayid/Shannon relationship was one of convienience rather than actual love. Sayid needs a Nadia type, and on the island, AL's it (IMO).

I was lurking on the LOST-MEDIA forum and fans there seem to consistently hate AL, and have all this sympathy for Sayid. I really like Sayid, too, but when I consider his past compared to Ana's, that he tortured people for a living - drew a paycheck for beating on people who were in no position to defend themselves and who were, Sayid knew, in all likelyhood innocent....

What Sayid has going for himself - his reedeeming quality - is the way he copes with his guilt, I guess. Well, that, and more quality time on the screen.

Ana Lucia, OTOH, was a cop, shot four times in the line of duty, shot because she gave a guy the benefit of the doubt, lost her baby and her husband/boyfriend and I'm guessing, the father of her child. Like Sawyer, she sought absolute revenge.

So, what's the tally for people killed by island castaways?

Sawyer
          Kate(responsible for BF's death)
          Sayid(who knows what his body count is)
          Locke(for negligence - Jack might have been able to save Boone if he had known how he had been injured)
          Charlie
          Ana Lucia
          Mr. Eko
          Hurley(AFAHC, 8 Canadian shoe factory workers and one tall building office worker...)
          Danielle
          Did I miss anyone?
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I think you got everyone.

It's interesting that all of our survivors appear to be shouldering the responsibility for some great sin - usually a death, either directly or indirectly. Even Walt may have been partly responsible for his mother's death with his psychic thingie. Which makes me wonder about Locke, frankly. Judging from his flashbacks, it seems like Locke has been more sinned-against than sinner. Unless in a future flashback we find out something more about him.

I'm frankly very interested in finding out what it was that Kate did. I'm willing to bet it was something really horrible (remember how scared her mother seemed to be when she came to visit?). Frankly, Kate strikes me as someone who's very very good at playing people, so I'm guessing she's not as innocent as we'd all like to believe. Like maybe she's a serial killer or something. That would be an interesting angle....
            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
            What have these years left to me?
            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

It surprises me to think that Jack actually give a damn(pardon my language) about Sawyer's well-being, seeing as how he didn't seem to think twice when he and Sayid decided to torture the hell out of Sawyer(Like that worked out well.)

Oh yeah, Jack is definitely jealous of the Kate/Sawyer interplay, it was just beautiful!!! Kate looks like she's pretty good with kids. And the look on Jack's face was just PRICELESS!!!!

That scene with Locke and Jack and Eko was hilarious!!!And strange!Gotta love Eko!!!!!The man is awsome!!!!

Locke: This man isn't the problem Jack , he brought Sawyer back...
              Jack: Half dead with a bullet hole in his shoulder John!!

Like he ever cares what happens to Sawyer!!! More like he just wants to use this excuse to let his temper fly, plus Shannon is dead. Okay maybe he cares about Shannon, but I will not believe it for a second that he really care about Sawyer. He only saves Sawyer's life because he is a doctor and he'll probably loose respect from the other castaways if he just let a man die.

Next ep looks interesting, and Kate's line about "Do you believe in ghosts?" and the scene where Sawyer just lashes out and chokes her, made my friend belive that Sawyer is being possesed by a spirit or something. I sure hope not, it's enough for a man to be half dead with a bullet hole in his shoulder, he sure doesn't need spirits or ghosts rummaging around in his body!!

I hope that Sawyer isn't the next dead body that the castaway has to bury because this island would be so so BORING without him stirring up trouble at every corner!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

I think Jack has come to care about Sawyer, at least a bit. Right before Sawyer left on the raft, he and Jack seemed to come to terms, enough so that Sawyer decided to tell Jack about the conversation he had with Jack's father. And remember the torture scene took place near the very beginning of the show, probably on like day 5 or 6. Shannon needed her inhaler, Sawyer was being deliberately difficult, insinuating that he had it but wouldn't give it up. I'm not saying that the torture scene was right, but there was more behind it than just "torture" for the sake of torture.

And I don't think Kate is a serial killer at all. This is just my opinion based on the things we've seen and Kate's behavior, but I'm thinking it's more along the lines of (including spoiler space for speculation just in case)
                Spoiler:
                Kate was molested by her father and ended up killing him. Maybe her mom didn't know that it happened and all she knew was that Kate killed him, thus explaining why she was afraid of her. After all her former boyfriend wasn't afraid of her, more like he was sympathetic
                sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=KatG]I think Jack has come to care about Sawyer, at least a bit. Right before Sawyer left on the raft, he and Jack seemed to come to terms, enough so that Sawyer decided to tell Jack about the conversation he had with Jack's father. And remember the torture scene took place near the very beginning of the show, probably on like day 5 or 6. Shannon needed her inhaler, Sawyer was being deliberately difficult, insinuating that he had it but wouldn't give it up. I'm not saying that the torture scene was right, but there was more behind it than just "torture" for the sake of torture.

You're definitely right about that part!!! I just like to say that Jack doesn't care about Sawyer. Which is true at some point. In truth Jack does care a bit about Sawyer's well-being and half the time he probably wants to kill Sawyer himself, who doesn't???

I love Sawyer's spunky Southern bad boy attitude. Must say he's the most fascinating character to me, and I respect that others will have a different view on this matter.

"Torture"!!!!! I've come across that word so much it's making my brain hurt. No it's not anyone's fault but mine. I'm on my high school's debate team and many of the cases and arguements we've ran against are all Guantonamo Bay TORTURE!!!! I've ran into it about 20 some times ALREADY and I'm only a freshmen/novice debater!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Most of the episode was just okay - Michelle Rodriquez rubs me the wrong way, but I'm trying to look past that since Lost is such a good show (or was, in its first season). The baby thing was no surprise - they mentioned children in some way or another for almost every part of her back story, so it was obvious the surprise would be she had lost a child or something along those lines. Her conversation with Sayid (right before she cut him loose) seemed a little too convenient, a.k.a. the dialogue drew me out of the moment and made me think, 'oh, this would only happen on TV.' They can do better than that.

However, I will say the ending was spectacular - gotta love those Lost moments, as well as the musical score.

Overall - B, maybe a B-

One last thing - anybody else think the person Sawyer's going to be in love with will be Ana Lucia? I mean, she is his perfect type, as we saw in episode 203, where she one-uped him at every turn. It'd be too obvious for it to be kate, although we know he has feelings for her too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thermonuclearboy]
                      It's interesting that all of our survivors appear to be shouldering the responsibility for some great sin - usually a death, either directly or indirectly.
                      Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe that's why none of the "original" survivors have been taken. Cuz they're not "good" or cuz they have some burden that they've been caring. I guess the others figure that kids won't have that kind of burden or responsibility.
                      Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

I liked this one pretty well. I hear people hate Ana-Lucia for killing Shannon and ...well, I got nothing for that cause I didn't know a lot about that character. But anyway, I think Ana has potential..for a crazy person who shouldn't be in possession of firearms. I don't see how having something terrible happen to you make you at one with your gun. She doesn't trust anybody and hangs on to that pistol like it's a life force! But, I see some good character creation anyway. I think eventually she can learn to be more trusting and less trigger happy.

I do hope they don't stick her with Jack. He annoys me. If anyone should be accidentally shot...in a safe place!

I don't buy Sayid's character or storyline at all because first of all, he comes from a people more likely to be the torturees instead of torturers. That's bull to me. I don't know what to think about his character yet. I'd have to understand more about him.
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

And the question remains as to the motivations of the Others. Do they KNOW who is "good" and who isn't, or do they only THINK they know? Do they have some kind of psychic ability, or are they just insane?

It's something to look forward to as the series progresses.
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I think the writers have hinted at a Jack-Kate-Sawyer-Ana Lucia love 'quadrangle'.

Anyone wondering if Sawyer, being so weak and close to death, might be the first to succumb to the 'sickness' everyone else on the island has warned them of? Would explain him leaping out at Kate. Other possibilities might be: Kate's dream, or the scene was trimmed for the previews so it looked violent but wasn't.

Anyone have predictions on 'What Kate Did?'. I think she killed her father after he abused her. Based on:

1. My "everyone has daddy issues" theory
                            2. She told her childhood friend "you know why" in response to him saying she always wanted to run away.
                            3. If the mother didn't believe he abused her, it would explain the mother's reaction.
                            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
                              I love Sawyer's spunky Southern bad boy attitude. Must say he's the most fascinating character to me, and I respect that others will have a different view on this matter.
                              You're not alone. Sawyer is my favorite character, especially paired with Kate. But then I've always had a thing for "bad boys". They're just so much more fascinating than your normal guy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X