This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who want to watch Season Nine in HD

For any Canadians who have the HD version of CityTV, then tune in on Mondays at 8:00 PM (Eastern).

It's really quite impressive to see this and Atlantis (from The Movie Network) in HD.

Cya around.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

I wish the Sci-Fi channel would come out with an HD channel.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
      You and me both, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
        The interesting thing is that most people who like science fiction are geeks at heart, and geeks like high tech gadgets. HDTV = High tech gadget.

But on the flipside, Sci-Fi programming is mostly aimed at the 18-25 demographic, and most 18-25 year olds don't have the money to buy an HDTV and pay for the service.
        Not to mention that converting/upgrading equipment to broadcast in HD is expensive, and Sci-Fi is just a little cable network. Eventually they'll have to upgrade, but they won't until they're ready.

That's why Sci-Fi isn't broadcasted in HD.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

That's a damn shame. I'd definitely upgrade to HD cable if the SciFi channel went HD...

Since both SG1 and Atlantis are filmed in HD, I figure it's only a matter of time until they rerelease the box sets on Blu-Ray (because you know Blu-Ray is going to wipe the floor with HD-DVD ).

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
            The interesting thing is that most people who like science fiction are geeks at heart, and geeks like high tech gadgets. HDTV = High tech gadget.

But on the flipside, Sci-Fi programming is mostly aimed at the 18-25 demographic, and most 18-25 year olds don't have the money to buy an HDTV and pay for the service.
            Not to mention that converting/upgrading equipment to broadcast in HD is expensive, and Sci-Fi is just a little cable network. Eventually they'll have to upgrade, but they won't until they're ready.

That's why Sci-Fi isn't broadcasted in HD.
            Well the prices are coming down significantly for the broadcast equipment, even TNT offers an HD channel now and I don't know that they're all that much bigger than scifi. And since something like half of all TVs sold have to be HD then you're probably going to see a lot more of them, especially after this holiday season and spring. It's not uncommon to see smaller (27-30") HD sets now in the $400 price range and small rear projection sets are routinely under $1000. With all the holiday and superbowl sales there should be some significant penetration of HD sets, at least enough to hopefully get more networks to convert. Maybe we should all send letters in to scifi supporting the move as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              True and also, sci fi with the CGI and stuff like that would look great in HD. It would be put to much better use than to see a soap opera in HD. -- not that the SciFi Channel shows that much actual scifi.

Comment

If i was to get a HDTV in the future(which i will) will the stargate seasons become available in HD-DVD?
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

After just watching it for the first time (my dad had told me he taped it so I came to watch it) I noticed that things were darker than in the normal broadcast. I'm not certain if this was just with this episode or if it will be a constant thing.
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

current hdtv content pales in comparisoon japanese hd

Comment

Actually, the original Japanese HD format is considered inferior to that of the US and other countries. They were the first out with it but their HD format is analog and not digital. They've since switched over to all digital and it's pretty comparable visually to the other two formats used in the US and Europe. Audiowise, the US has Dolby AC-3, Japan Mpeg2 (basically stereo I think), and Europe has the choice of the two.

Comment

Working...
                      X