No announcement yet.

Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome zalenka episode, he's become one of my favourite characters.

AND CARTER!!OMG

It was a great episode, with the mind freak outs (as good as Futuramas "The Sting") and the "interaction" between mckay and himself.

I felt sorry for tomato-man, and I almost thought he would'nt get killed (especially after the "get into the rear" thin), but then they killed the poor bloke. I was thinking however "If he does'nt die, he's going to annoy the hell out of me for the entire episode". I was hoping he would be in a coma the whole time, so we don't have to kill him, but don't need to have him in the ep.

I really have no idea what teyla or ronon would have done, so they don't need to be in the episode, and no real reason for beckett either (at most it could have been a few "after blah time he'll die from cold"). The lack of characters (compared to critical mass) made this better than if they gave every man and his dog a line or two.
    Last edited by macktheknife; 13 December 2005, 07:05 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Another Wrecked PJ. Think of the watsed Claoking Genny & Drones that are gone.

Hope they can recharge the modified Jumper up enough & go back to it before the currents sweep it off the ledge & down any further. This way they they can strip off the drive pods, the turrets that house the drones & also the cloaking generator. Which I'm sure Hermiod could pretty easily integrate into the Daedalus Asgard systems, conisdering that it's sheild is of Asgard design.

So hopefully we'll here something about it later on in S2, rather than just letting all that tech float to thebottom of the Ocean & be gone forever.

Comment

*shaking head*

I knew going into it I probably wouldn't like this episode and I wasn't surprised.

I pray to god we are not subjected anymore to the hallucination of people during dire peril again. It sucked in the SG-1 episode and that was when I could put my finger on this episode and say 'it all went wrong'.

No Ronon or Teyla in the episode.

No Beckett in the episode.

You know, I could go on about what I didn't like so I'm not gonna bother.

It's an episode that I won't watch again *shrug*. There's been good and there's been bad this season, but I will say this, I'll be wary of any episode written by Binder. For me, he continues to fall flat. The only episode he's written that I've enjoyed was Aurora.

For the rest, he focuses too much on McKay and leaves the rest hanging without much to work with. That's dissappointing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
          I pray to god we are not subjected anymore to the hallucination of people during dire peril again.
          I agree with you there, this "style" of episode should be well and truly finished.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            It's possible I got that wrong, so I ask: Did Sheppard actually call Rodney "Roddy" in the end (via radio)?
            Am pretty sure he called him 'buddy'.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
              I just watched it a few minutes ago and I admit that I'm still in the middle of the "emotional aftermath", but I just have to get this out, it's not very constructive but it's really annoying me: I feel so betrayed! I knew from the first moment that I heard about this episode how it would end. Two days ago I posted on another thread that I really hope that there will be no "get ready to be resuced - bye, bye Sam - credits" ending, and what did I get? Exactly this stupid ending! There wasn't even one second of comfort after all this hurt Rodney went through. No talk about what happened. No aftermath in any way.

Aw damn. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. This is Stargate, after all. The writers for these two shows remind me of Karen Walker on Will & Grace during an emotional moment.... "Can't talk! Feeling something!"...and she runs away.
              God forbid any of the characters let any of their emotions show after the trauma of nearly losing someone they care about to a horrible death.

Comment

I'm sure from a humerous POV this episode will be great...but why must there be nudity...doesn't appeal to me anyway...

hmm...and here was me thinking Stargate had a different demographic to please than most sci fi shows....
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  Am pretty sure he called him 'buddy'.
                  Oh. Yes, that's possible. And much more likely than that what I heard! Thanks!

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    I'm sure from a humerous POV this episode will be great...but why must there be nudity...doesn't appeal to me anyway...

hmm...and here was me thinking Stargate had a different demographic to please than most sci fi shows....
                    partial nudity

lol.......I'm sure if it was Danny, T, Jack......... ya'll would be screaming for more
                    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

The partially dressed Sam didn't bother me cause it was in context. She was McKay's hallucination and she was trying to distract him, what else could she do?

Comment

I hate to say it, but yet another Atlantis episode that disappointed me!

I think they are focusing waaaaay too much on McKay and it is really getting annoying! Don't get me wrong, I love McKay, but there are other characters like Beckett, Teyla and Ronon who didn't even show up in this episode.

Although I'm a Sheppard Fan, I thought last episode (Critical Mass) was one of the best this season because it was a solid team epsiode. Seems like we don't get those that much anymore...

The ending was rushed again. I get the impression that they waste too much time at the beginning and don't have enough left at the end (same as in 'Epiphany')...

Please, PTB stop the McKay routine, or Atlantis will lose a lot of its fans.
                        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Zelenka's translation:

Do prdele, to je na hovno tohle to. Kdo to vymyslel, že budeme pod vodou, tentokrát...?

****, it's screwed up this. Who's idea was, we'll be under water, this time?

Edit: "****" is the "F-word"... )

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

OMG Last time I laughed like that was during Window of Opportunity!!
                            This episode was hilarious!
                            loved it!!!

Comment

Really? as good as WoO?
                              That is high praise!
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I wouldn't say AS good.. but AS funny, you know what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X