No announcement yet.

Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that was WEIRD. Really not what I was expecting.

Crazy!McKay had me convinced. Yet more acting skill points for DH. Interesting how Sam wasn't acting like herself. She seemed WAY different from SG-1 Sam... which is very much realistic because McKay doesn't know her that well. I loved the "I'm smarter but you're wiser thing". I'm such a huge sucker for McKay that I'd believe he's smarter, so I can totally go with that theory. ^_^ Poor Tomato-man. Aww. That was cool, with the extended shield thing. The whole episode went so fast... usually Atlantis episodes have three or four things going on at once. It was strange just seeing Atlantis and the Jumper. I wonder what kind of character development happened in this one and what kind of changes we might see in McKay in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze
      My first screencap post, I hope this goes okay.
      Thank you

I thought this one was particularly lovely
      http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...00/carter8.gif
      LizWhite.net

Comment

Rodney fans will be thrilled with the ep. Twas another Rodney lovefest from TPTB.

As not a Rodney fan and Not a Sam fan...not much of an ep from my POV.

I did adore the Shep and Zelenka bits though and the special effects at the end with the jumpers and the sea critter were amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
          why did they have to calibrate the jumper to create a shield?
          we know from The Defiant One that it already has one
          Joe said that the shield was of wraith design b4, but he must have changed his mind. The wraith modified the PJ to put on the shield in the defaint one, and while i havent seen this episode, i guess Mckay had to as well.

Comment

*gasps*

Comment

this ep was boring, critical mass was much better
              season 2 isn't as good as season 1

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze
                My first screencap post, I hope this goes okay.

pictures of sam in ...... or rather out of......
                *Speechless!*
                *Head smacks keyboard*

Danke!

Originally posted by Merlin7
                Rodney fans will be thrilled with the ep. Twas another Rodney lovefest from TPTB.
                Surely those who admire Sam should be content with this ep too.

Originally posted by shockwave
                this ep was boring, critical mass was much better
                season 2 isn't as good as season 1
                S1 has opened the arcs and S2 has allowed more standalone episodes to be created.
                I think S2 is great!
                Last edited by jazz!; 13 December 2005, 03:29 AM.
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I just watched this episode (got up at 5:00am to watch it from tape) and really enjoyed it. I love McKay so of course I'd like it.

It was funny and I felt sorry for McKay. Also loved how much Zelenka there was in the episode.

John: "I think my Czech is getting better because I know what you mean."

John seemed a little excited with his plan.

"This is my halucination. Why aren't you naked?"

And the beginning... "Oh yeah, the Barcelona McKays."

My mom on the other hand, thought it was boring and went to the computer halfway through. Pfft.

David Hewlett is seriously my hero. He is so great.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

This was great episode. McKay was briliant. John was ok, but I loved Radek, he was great, great, great
                    Dogs are my favorite people.
                    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

good episode, not great just character development, more zelenka was good and I like how there showing more atlantis instead of the same set all the time. OH!! and i loved the mckays "You drive a hard bargin but we have a deal" freak out lol

Comment

I liked the episode.

Poor Tomato Guy, I had a feeling he was going to be a red shirt. Kinda wished he survived (for a second I thought, 'Hey! Maybe TPTB aren't going to kill him, alas I was wrong). Hehehe, Tomato Guys said Eye-talian.

It was nice to see what goes on in Rodney's head, how he thinks through his problems. It was cool to see all the fear, panic, doubt and anger surface.

The sea creature so turned out to be Lassie of the Deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                          good episode, not great just character development, more zelenka was good and I like how there showing more atlantis instead of the same set all the time. OH!! and i loved the mckays "You drive a hard bargin but we have a deal" freak out lol
                          When was that?

And how did they manage the rescue?

Comment

I just saw this episode a few minutes ago. It was awesome. During this season i've noticed they are putting Rodney through alot of trials and growing him as a character. IMHO they are setting Rodney up for something big, really big. TPTB are doing all these growth episodes with a purpose. A big purpose. Ok, i'm done ranting. Great episode, very emotional.
                            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                            Vicious

Comment

I just watched it a few minutes ago and I admit that I'm still in the middle of the "emotional aftermath", but I just have to get this out, it's not very constructive but it's really annoying me: I feel so betrayed! I knew from the first moment that I heard about this episode how it would end. Two days ago I posted on another thread that I really hope that there will be no "get ready to be rescued - bye, bye Sam - credits" ending, and what did I get? Exactly this stupid ending! There wasn't even one second of comfort after all this hurt Rodney went through. No talk about what happened. No aftermath in any way. No Beckett (and also no Teyla and Ronon btw) in the whole episode. Nothing about the fact that they did come and rescue him, that he could trust them, that Zelenka, whom he blames for the whole thing, comes to his rescue! It sure as hell won't be addressed in the next episode judging from anything we've seen regarding continuity in this series, so why was there NOTHING?
                              Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode, I liked very much about it. But the ending didn't feel sufficient to me. Sweet, but not sufficient. And yes, that bothers me.

- DH was amazing as always. This man and his performance never cease to amaze me. All these emotions in his voice, which is changing almost every second... great! And I loved how he wanted to make clear that he thinks that he's brilliant - and handsome!
                              - I'm not such a big fan of the fact that Rodney adores Sam so much, so I feared this episode a little. The lingerie & a kiss scene was somehow consequential, but I didn't like it so much. The rest of their "conversation" was good though, 'Sam' trying to convince him to trust his friends. I guess that's one of the things Rodney learnt from Sam when he was at the SGC - that friends care for each other and that they don't leave someone behind. But it's still hard for him to believe that he himself has friends now and needs to trust them (maybe the events of "Trinity" also have to do with that)
                              - Griffin sacrificing himself for Rodney, even after everything Rodney says to him - this scene really got me crying. Very intense.
                              - What I did miss was a little bit of fear/anxiety/worry in Atlantis. Yes, they were busy planning the rescue, and they were acting quickly and needed a clear mind for that, but somehow I missed emotions. Where was the real reason why they had to hurry, the urgency? I mean, it was possible that McKay and Griffin were both dead already. Zelenka addresses that shortly, but apart from that that there was nothing that gave me the feeling that they even considered that their friend might already be fish fodder. Optimistic bunch of people I guess.
                              - I already said it - where were Beckett, Teyla and Ronon? Shouldn't they at least have been in the background somewhere? Expressing their worry somehow?
                              - Zelenka was great, working hard for a solution and then fearing to go on the rescue mission. Maybe he wasn't only afraid of the mission itself but also because he was, like Rodney says, responsible for the repair of the PJ and just didn't dare to test it himself? Well, but he overcomes his fear and goes with Sheppard. Good boy.
                              And he wore a lab coat again, yeah!!!

It's possible I got that wrong, so I ask: Did Sheppard actually call Rodney "Roddy" in the end (via radio)?

All in all a 7 out of 10 epsiode for me.

Bye, A.
                              Last edited by Arlessiar; 13 December 2005, 08:31 AM. Reason: typo
                              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                              X