Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grace Under Pressure

*gasps*

this ep was boring, critical mass was much better
    season 2 isn't as good as season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn Blaze
    My first screencap post, I hope this goes okay.

pictures of sam in ...... or rather out of......
    *Speechless!*
    *Head smacks keyboard*

Danke!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin7
    Rodney fans will be thrilled with the ep. Twas another Rodney lovefest from TPTB.
    Surely those who admire Sam should be content with this ep too.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave
    this ep was boring, critical mass was much better
    season 2 isn't as good as season 1
    S1 has opened the arcs and S2 has allowed more standalone episodes to be created.
    I think S2 is great!
    Last edited by jazz!; December 13th, 2005 at 04:29 AM.
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

I just watched this episode (got up at 5:00am to watch it from tape) and really enjoyed it. I love McKay so of course I'd like it.

It was funny and I felt sorry for McKay. Also loved how much Zelenka there was in the episode.

John: "I think my Czech is getting better because I know what you mean."

John seemed a little excited with his plan.

"This is my halucination. Why aren't you naked?"

And the beginning... "Oh yeah, the Barcelona McKays."

My mom on the other hand, thought it was boring and went to the computer halfway through. Pfft.

David Hewlett is seriously my hero. He is so great.

This was great episode. McKay was briliant. John was ok, but I loved Radek, he was great, great, great
    Dogs are my favorite people.
    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

good episode, not great just character development, more zelenka was good and I like how there showing more atlantis instead of the same set all the time. OH!! and i loved the mckays "You drive a hard bargin but we have a deal" freak out lol

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

I liked the episode.

Poor Tomato Guy, I had a feeling he was going to be a red shirt. Kinda wished he survived (for a second I thought, 'Hey! Maybe TPTB aren't going to kill him, alas I was wrong). Hehehe, Tomato Guys said Eye-talian.

It was nice to see what goes on in Rodney's head, how he thinks through his problems. It was cool to see all the fear, panic, doubt and anger surface.

The sea creature so turned out to be Lassie of the Deep.

Heart Re: Grace Under Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo
    good episode, not great just character development, more zelenka was good and I like how there showing more atlantis instead of the same set all the time. OH!! and i loved the mckays "You drive a hard bargin but we have a deal" freak out lol
    When was that?

And how did they manage the rescue?

I just saw this episode a few minutes ago. It was awesome. During this season i've noticed they are putting Rodney through alot of trials and growing him as a character. IMHO they are setting Rodney up for something big, really big. TPTB are doing all these growth episodes with a purpose. A big purpose. Ok, i'm done ranting. Great episode, very emotional.
    Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
    Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
    Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
    Vicious

Last time I checked: Germany, not Atlantis. Damn.

I just watched it a few minutes ago and I admit that I'm still in the middle of the "emotional aftermath", but I just have to get this out, it's not very constructive but it's really annoying me: I feel so betrayed! I knew from the first moment that I heard about this episode how it would end. Two days ago I posted on another thread that I really hope that there will be no "get ready to be rescued - bye, bye Sam - credits" ending, and what did I get? Exactly this stupid ending! There wasn't even one second of comfort after all this hurt Rodney went through. No talk about what happened. No aftermath in any way. No Beckett (and also no Teyla and Ronon btw) in the whole episode. Nothing about the fact that they did come and rescue him, that he could trust them, that Zelenka, whom he blames for the whole thing, comes to his rescue! It sure as hell won't be addressed in the next episode judging from anything we've seen regarding continuity in this series, so why was there NOTHING?
    Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode, I liked very much about it. But the ending didn't feel sufficient to me. Sweet, but not sufficient. And yes, that bothers me.

- DH was amazing as always. This man and his performance never cease to amaze me. All these emotions in his voice, which is changing almost every second... great! And I loved how he wanted to make clear that he thinks that he's brilliant - and handsome!
    - I'm not such a big fan of the fact that Rodney adores Sam so much, so I feared this episode a little. The lingerie & a kiss scene was somehow consequential, but I didn't like it so much. The rest of their "conversation" was good though, 'Sam' trying to convince him to trust his friends. I guess that's one of the things Rodney learnt from Sam when he was at the SGC - that friends care for each other and that they don't leave someone behind. But it's still hard for him to believe that he himself has friends now and needs to trust them (maybe the events of "Trinity" also have to do with that)
    - Griffin sacrificing himself for Rodney, even after everything Rodney says to him - this scene really got me crying. Very intense.
    - What I did miss was a little bit of fear/anxiety/worry in Atlantis. Yes, they were busy planning the rescue, and they were acting quickly and needed a clear mind for that, but somehow I missed emotions. Where was the real reason why they had to hurry, the urgency? I mean, it was possible that McKay and Griffin were both dead already. Zelenka addresses that shortly, but apart from that that there was nothing that gave me the feeling that they even considered that their friend might already be fish fodder. Optimistic bunch of people I guess.
    - I already said it - where were Beckett, Teyla and Ronon? Shouldn't they at least have been in the background somewhere? Expressing their worry somehow?
    - Zelenka was great, working hard for a solution and then fearing to go on the rescue mission. Maybe he wasn't only afraid of the mission itself but also because he was, like Rodney says, responsible for the repair of the PJ and just didn't dare to test it himself? Well, but he overcomes his fear and goes with Sheppard. Good boy.
    And he wore a lab coat again, yeah!!!

It's possible I got that wrong, so I ask: Did Sheppard actually call Rodney "Roddy" in the end (via radio)?

All in all a 7 out of 10 epsiode for me.

Bye, A.
    Last edited by Arlessiar; December 13th, 2005 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Awesome zalenka episode, he's become one of my favourite characters.

AND CARTER!!OMG

It was a great episode, with the mind freak outs (as good as Futuramas "The Sting") and the "interaction" between mckay and himself.

I felt sorry for tomato-man, and I almost thought he would'nt get killed (especially after the "get into the rear" thin), but then they killed the poor bloke. I was thinking however "If he does'nt die, he's going to annoy the hell out of me for the entire episode". I was hoping he would be in a coma the whole time, so we don't have to kill him, but don't need to have him in the ep.

I really have no idea what teyla or ronon would have done, so they don't need to be in the episode, and no real reason for beckett either (at most it could have been a few "after blah time he'll die from cold"). The lack of characters (compared to critical mass) made this better than if they gave every man and his dog a line or two.
    Last edited by macktheknife; December 13th, 2005 at 08:05 AM.
    http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3033/lucius2sigtx7.jpg
    Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Captain

Another Wrecked PJ. Think of the watsed Claoking Genny & Drones that are gone.

Hope they can recharge the modified Jumper up enough & go back to it before the currents sweep it off the ledge & down any further. This way they they can strip off the drive pods, the turrets that house the drones & also the cloaking generator. Which I'm sure Hermiod could pretty easily integrate into the Daedalus Asgard systems, conisdering that it's sheild is of Asgard design.

So hopefully we'll here something about it later on in S2, rather than just letting all that tech float to thebottom of the Ocean & be gone forever.

Lieutenant Colonel IWantToBelieve's Avatar

*shaking head*

I knew going into it I probably wouldn't like this episode and I wasn't surprised.

I pray to god we are not subjected anymore to the hallucination of people during dire peril again. It sucked in the SG-1 episode and that was when I could put my finger on this episode and say 'it all went wrong'.

No Ronon or Teyla in the episode.

No Beckett in the episode.

You know, I could go on about what I didn't like so I'm not gonna bother.

It's an episode that I won't watch again *shrug*. There's been good and there's been bad this season, but I will say this, I'll be wary of any episode written by Binder. For me, he continues to fall flat. The only episode he's written that I've enjoyed was Aurora.

For the rest, he focuses too much on McKay and leaves the rest hanging without much to work with. That's dissappointing.
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/IWantToBelieve2/sigpics/sigpicboys1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IWantToBelieve
    I pray to god we are not subjected anymore to the hallucination of people during dire peril again.
    I agree with you there, this "style" of episode should be well and truly finished.
    http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3033/lucius2sigtx7.jpg
    Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlessiar
    It's possible I got that wrong, so I ask: Did Sheppard actually call Rodney "Roddy" in the end (via radio)?
    Am pretty sure he called him 'buddy'.

Heart Re: Grace Under Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Arlessiar
    I just watched it a few minutes ago and I admit that I'm still in the middle of the "emotional aftermath", but I just have to get this out, it's not very constructive but it's really annoying me: I feel so betrayed! I knew from the first moment that I heard about this episode how it would end. Two days ago I posted on another thread that I really hope that there will be no "get ready to be resuced - bye, bye Sam - credits" ending, and what did I get? Exactly this stupid ending! There wasn't even one second of comfort after all this hurt Rodney went through. No talk about what happened. No aftermath in any way.

Aw damn. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. This is Stargate, after all. The writers for these two shows remind me of Karen Walker on Will & Grace during an emotional moment.... "Can't talk! Feeling something!"...and she runs away.
    God forbid any of the characters let any of their emotions show after the trauma of nearly losing someone they care about to a horrible death.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

I'm sure from a humerous POV this episode will be great...but why must there be nudity...doesn't appeal to me anyway...

hmm...and here was me thinking Stargate had a different demographic to please than most sci fi shows....

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Last time I checked: Germany, not Atlantis. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    Am pretty sure he called him 'buddy'.
    Oh. Yes, that's possible. And much more likely than that what I heard! Thanks!

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by sueKay
    I'm sure from a humerous POV this episode will be great...but why must there be nudity...doesn't appeal to me anyway...

hmm...and here was me thinking Stargate had a different demographic to please than most sci fi shows....
    partial nudity

lol.......I'm sure if it was Danny, T, Jack......... ya'll would be screaming for more
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

The partially dressed Sam didn't bother me cause it was in context. She was McKay's hallucination and she was trying to distract him, what else could she do?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast