Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Re-watched this ep the other day, and I have to say that with the second viewing it structurally sat a lot better with me. And it's still a great ep.

Poor Trek_Girl(and poor me) rewatching Season 2 as we impatiently wait for Season 3 to appear for us non fancy tv having Canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
      Poor Trek_Girl(and poor me) rewatching Season 2 as we impatiently wait for Season 3 to appear for us non fancy tv having Canadians.
      LOL.....sooooo painful. The waiting part, not the re-watching part, that's fun.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a version of the song that Teyla sings in this episode? Been looking for it for ages but haven't seem to found a copy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus Carter View Post
          Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a version of the song that Teyla sings in this episode? Been looking for it for ages but haven't seem to found a copy yet.
          There actually isn't a copy. The best you can find is an MP3 which is ripped from the episode with most of the sound effects edited out, but it's clearly edited in places with obvious cross fades and some audible sound effects. There isn't a studio version released yet; it would be nice to have an SGA soundtrack CD at some point with the proper song.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude, but why would you want that?
            sigpic

Comment

Because it was really beautiful.
              Thanks to that I love this ep. Would like to get my hands on it, too.
              sigpic

Comment

To be honest I felt it was really annoying.

I mean Teyla hasn't ever broken out into song before or after so why in this episode? I mean the song had so little relevance to the situation, and in the end it just wasn't that good.
                sigpic

Comment

Agreed, it may not have been the best but surely the fact that she does break into song shows that she is a chick of many talents!? And the song had an awesome rhythm and pretty cool lyrics. Sung by anyone else it still would have been an awesome song.

Comment

I believe in one of the DVD extras earlier this year (for Season 3), someone said that they actually had to re-record the song because it sounded too perfect. So if you think it's not as good as it could've been, that's because they deliberately made it less-refined as, quite rightly, Teyla's a warrior-maiden not a pop star.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the song and absolutely love it. In fact, there's a special music video you can get from Joel Goldsmith's official website which features this song. I've got it on my iPod and watch/listen to it regularly.If you go to www.freeclyde.com and click on "Bytes", then "Video Bytes", you'll find the "Beyond The Night" video there. The video has totally unspoilt audio (it's the proper studio recording, so there's no sound effects or dialogue from the episode) and also features scenes from throughout seasons 1 & 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just took a look there and did not see Beyond the night.

Comment

Sorry, it looks like they've reorganised things there. Here is a link to where the music videos are now:

http://www.freeclyde.com/video_bytes...lydevideo.html
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                          Sorry, it looks like they've reorganised things there. Here is a link to where the music videos are now:

http://www.freeclyde.com/video_bytes...lydevideo.html
                          Thank you soooo much!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that dude! How do you download it...all I am able to do it watch it on my comp.

Comment

Thanks for that dude! How do you download it...all I am able to do it watch it on my comp.
                              click on the link under the vid, it says 'Windows Media Hi-Quality File', then save it
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

LOL! You're all very welcome. I'm glad I could help.

On a related subject, I also love the "Camelot" music video that's there too, as that's another awesome piece of music that I'd love to have some day. For now, of course, I'm more than happy to make do with this music video, which I play regularly. If anyone's interested, the "Camelot" music is also available by itself in the "Audio Bytes" section of Joel's website too. So you might want to give that a listen too if you're interested:

http://www.freeclyde.com/bytes/bytes_music.html

BTW, apologies to any of the admins, mods or anyone else if you think I'm wandering off topic at all with all of this. Believe me, it's not my intention.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X