No announcement yet.

Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callie- They sound like "Let (something) win" but I really can't make them out.
    To me it sounds like she is singing -
    Let by the wind
    -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Didn't read the whole thread, so sorry for repetition.

I thought it was great to see that Sheppard is the only one out of practically all the characters on both shows who actually reads and remembers the SG-1 mission reports Specifically, i refer to the incident with Skaa'ra way back in the Season 1 finale, when they zatted Klor'al and Skaa'ra was able to take control back temporarily.

An important Goa'uld weakness that everyone promtply forgot about for 8 years, until Sheppard came along

Comment

Very disinterested in spoilers, if I've spoken twice, forgive. Getting pass Stargate Command detection is sort of believeable, but how can a Goa'uld trick the very advanced Ancient sensors?

Comment

Top 3 of the season so far, no question. I love how everything was super fast paced, and you can definately see the contrast of the colorful Atlantis set and the military-ness of the SGC, very cool there.

And the song, Oh my God the song! It adds SOOO much to those scenes. Ok, yes maybe the dubbing was a little off at times (I barely noticed it), but it just set the mood so well, and of course, Rachel was perfect.

Definately an "Outstanding" or whatever the highest option is in those Gateworld polls.

Comment

just a question though, why does weir look at sheppard when she leaves the room, why leave at all did she think somthing could happen to her?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              just a question though, why does weir look at sheppard when she leaves the room, why leave at all did she think somthing could happen to her?
              I think it was just her not wanting to actually be there when any kind of "torture" (or related tactics) were going on. She took the step of ordering it, but I don't think she could bring herself to actually watch it.
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Callie
                Help with the lyrics, please? In the final verse after they've saved the city, what are the words following "River flows"? They sound like "Let (something) win" but I really can't make them out.

The rest of the lyrics are:

Beyond the night, a rising sun
                Beyond the night, the battle won
                The battle’s won.

Fear and shame now in the past
                Pain and sorrow gone at last
                Gone at last.

Circle renewed, peace will be found
                Beyond the night on sacred ground.

River flows [I can’t make out this next bit]
                First new breath, our journey begins
                Our journey begins.
                Thanks for posting that...

one detail:
                Beyond the night, the battle's won
                The battle is won.

And I'd say she sings "River flows led by the wind"

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  Very disinterested in spoilers, if I've spoken twice, forgive. Getting pass Stargate Command detection is sort of believeable, but how can a Goa'uld trick the very advanced Ancient sensors?
                  Maybe it can't discern life signs to that degree?
                  Doubtful it was ever even designed to, considering the obviousness of the Iratus bug (the only other real parasite/symbiote encountered).

Comment

well i got to see the video of the song, and i have to say that some of you guys are being very negative..sure the lip sync wasnt PERFECT..but i assumed it was going to be terrible..most of the time it was fine!!

Anyway..and yes 'Led by the wind' is definitely it..i actually did hear that..but wrote what was in front of me!
                    -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Well, having just watched it, I thought it was easily one of the best episodes i've seen in a while. While there were a few niggles, they were easily outweighed by the many positives; the presence of so many great secondary characters (ie. Dr. Lee, Cadman, etc.), a nice simple whodunit story in contrast to the previous episodes that were more 'out there', and the final twist at the end which I did not see coming, and made me literally sit up in shock.

I do have a few complaints:
                      - The whole Teyla singing thing just made me cringe and, I have to admit, skip ahead in the episode to skip it. I don't know what it was, but I just really don't like it when anyone breaks into song.
                      - While the tie-ins to SG1 with appearances from Landry, Walter and soforth were great, I really got a bit annoyed that the agent (forget his name) said 'Colonel Carter just got back and she'll be able to help us with it' (or something like that), and then not even showing a glimpse of Sam! Maybe i'm just missing new SG-1 eps a bit, but I would have loved Sam appearing just as a harbinger of her appearance in 'Grace Under Pressure'. A bit of a cheat IMO, but understandable as it is.
                      - The big-ass logic hole regarding the whole 'if they dial Earth, they'll go KABLOOEY!! I mean, why the hell didn't the SGC just set up the relay, and when a few minutes before Atlantis was scheduled to dial in, put something inside the Stargate to block an incoming wormhole! Think about it, if the wormhole couldn't connect, Atlantis wouldn't go Kablooey and they'd recieve the relayed message! And it wouldn't require much effort at all to do, I mean how hard could it be to uncouple the big, red superconductors on the sides of the 'Gate and move the big, honkin' Ramp inside the ring to prevent an incoming wormhold from forming. Hell, I remember Hammond once saying they were able to block incoming wormholes to the second stargate by moving the Iris on it a few millimetres back! Any comments?

All up, a bloody great episode, but am I the only one who wants more collaboration between Atlantis and SG1? Honestly, I can't be the only person here who wants to see SG1 working in tandem with... uh... SGA1...? Have they ever given a name a la 'SG#' to the Atlantis teams...? *Ponders*
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta

All up, a bloody great episode, but am I the only one who wants more collaboration between Atlantis and SG1? Honestly, I can't be the only person here who wants to see SG1 working in tandem with... uh... SGA1...? Have they ever given a name a la 'SG#' to the Atlantis teams...? *Ponders*
                        nope! you're not the only one! I would have loved for someone from SG-1 to for example come to Atlantis and help with some problem. I think that a few episodes with AT or MS wouldn't be so bad... and then on SG-1 they can say "oh he's in Atlantis" or "She's in Atlantis" This would be so cool!
                        And I was hoping to actually see Carter working on solution about the bomb, because Dr. Lee (was it?) mentioned that she was working on it!
                        But I knew they wouldn't show her

And it would be nice to see Atlantis characters in SG-1 episodes too, wouldn' it?

Comment

This was a really good episode. Didn't quite care for the singing as much as some others did. But i was a little dissappointed. Why the heck would the trust want atlantis bombarded by the wraith? Heres what i thought the episode would originally be about.

The rouge goa'uld would be attempting to attract the wraith so he could take one as a host. Wouldn't a wraith make an awesome host for a goa'uld? Eternal life, and all the other cool wraith stuff like telepathy. Kind of like a hok'tar on steroids.
                          Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                          Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                          Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                          Vicious

Comment

Very good episode. Kind of wished the Go'uld would have left through the stargate. I'm sure that there are several planets out there that would turn to a Go'uld for protection against the Wraith.

But this episode got me thinking of one question. Who's in command of the ship with Caldwell compromised? Does Hermiod have authority? I'm sure the Asgard would have some authority over Daedelus since it can also reach the Ida galaxy and Hermiod could probably prevent that if the Daedelus was used against the Asgard. And Hermiod would make a suitable second officer since the Asgard are immune to Go'uld infestation. Hermiod is basically the last line of defense if the vessel is compromised.

Comment

It'd probably stay docked on Atlantis till Caldwell recovers, but if not there's always Capt Kleinman.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii
                                Very good episode. Kind of wished the Go'uld would have left through the stargate. I'm sure that there are several planets out there that would turn to a Go'uld for protection against the Wraith.
                                I'm glad they didn't. I was worried the writers might do something lame like that, but luckily, they didn't (of course, had no idea who was penning the ep at that point either. I'd prefer that the Goa'uld stay confined to the SG1 universe and that they beef up the Wraith and any potential new villains.

Originally posted by DetriusXii
                                But this episode got me thinking of one question. Who's in command of the ship with Caldwell compromised? Does Hermiod have authority? I'm sure the Asgard would have some authority over Daedelus since it can also reach the Ida galaxy and Hermiod could probably prevent that if the Daedelus was used against the Asgard. And Hermiod would make a suitable second officer since the Asgard are immune to Go'uld infestation. Hermiod is basically the last line of defense if the vessel is compromised.
                                There's definitely a chain of command and someone who take over if Caldwell was disabled. I mean, heck, what if he tripped over the Asgard and knocked himself out? I'm sure the Earth folk have authority but I get the feeling Hermoid could easily take over in a pinch.

Comment

Working...
                                X