Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
    Is there a way to listen to Teyla's song? Except for waiting to see the episode?
    I'll work on taking it from the episode. Not promising anything.

EDIT - Yeah, I should have this done in about 15 mins.
    Last edited by macktheknife; 06 December 2005, 10:06 PM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      -Rachel does have a lovely voice, but sadly I didn't really care much for the song (would have been better in another language) and thought that the voiceover didn't really fit with what was going on onscreen.
      I agree that the song would have been better in another language. At that point, pretty much anything she sang in English would have sounded perhaps overdramatic and just...off. With words we can't understand, we could have focused on the tone of the music and it might have fit the scene better (although come to think of it, "Beyond the Night" at a dark moment - realizing one of their own is a spy - is somewhat appropriate).

I accidentally spoiled myself for the Caldwell reveal (seriously, don't read the New Atlantis summaries unless you want all the fun twists ahead of time), but it actually worked for me, because if you watch the ep knowing that it's Caldwell, then you can see how some of the things he does an certain inflections at certain moments fit with the spy role. So, good job, Mitch.

What was the make-up artist thinking here? Cadman is very much overdone in this ep; tone down the shadow, please.

Carson-Teyla interaction, yay! I loved the fact that we got to see more of Teyla's character in this ep, and that we saw Carson sticking to his oath. Great job on both Rachel and Paul's parts.

Someone wanna write me Weir/Kavanaugh fic from that interrogation scene? Okay, just kidding (really), but I wouldn't be surprised if some pops up. Honestly, there was way more animosity there than can be explained by their interaction and relations with each other as shown thus far in the series.

And I really need to be in bed now, so catch y'all later.
      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
      Spoiler:
      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Excellent episode, just about everyone had a purpose in this episode and the drama was just so good.

The only problem I have was the fact that Caldwell got owned easily by Ronon.

Comment

Awesome episode. The Athosian (sp?) B story was a bit distracting. Rachal's singing was good but I'm not sure if I feel much for that story since, to me at least, that story is so minor compared to the A story of the episode.

I guess Col. Caldwell is still going to be a recurring character on the show. I guess he was duped by the Trust rather than being a member of it since the beginning (but how did the Atlantis team really know this?).

Good to see Landry, Walter, Dr. Lee, and Agent Barret doing the crossover thing from SG-1.

I was questioning Dr. Weir's decision to have the Daedalus back, however. I guess it's possible that the message from the SGC may had been tempered with (although this is not so plausible) as to have deleted the part where the SGC was still uncovering more intel about the mole.
          I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory
            I guess Col. Caldwell is still going to be a recurring character on the show. I guess he was duped by the Trust rather than being a member of it since the beginning (but how did the Atlantis team really know this?).
            Caldwell never voluntarily worked for the Trust, he was infested with a Goa'uld.
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

http://files.filefront.com/TeylaSong.../fileinfo.html

3.68mb, MP3 format.

I've taken pretty much any talking out of it, and crossfaded the parts where other parts have been taken out, so there is a touch of strangness in some parts

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                Hey, Cadman can have whatever hair she likes as long as Shep is in charge. ^_^ Military rules on Atlantis are pretty easy-going and different!
                Sheppard's haircut is pretty far from regulation, so I doubt that he has a problem with his subordinants having some freedom in what they do. Last season, I read a bunch of complaints that the Marines in Atlantis weren't as neatly trimmed as real Marines are.

Personally, I thought Cadman didn't really come across as a Marine. But hey, she's a bomb technician, and a computer expert, so her value to the military isn't based on her on marching proficiency.

So, can we dub her Carter-lite?

a time to mourn

Comment

Awww, I love this episode! I even don't know where to start why I liked it

We saw more of Teyla...It was very nicely done, and I'm sooo in LOVE with this song It fit's so well into the last part! I liked Carson, how he tried to help Teyla...he's a very nice men, and somehow thus, she wasn't as alone as she thought

Kavanagh vs. Weir, I like this constellation...but hate this Kav-guy...I didn't thought I can hate him more, but with this, he prooved that I can *g* Poor Elizabeth seemed really a little hurt after his reproching! Kavanagh is the guy, who don't even need a symbiont to do something like plant a bomb into Atlantis... even if he weren't it this time! I'm with Elizabeth, and would have suspected him in a heartbeat

Caldwell as a Goauld...priceless

Yeah, Ronon could hardly await to torture someone...this guy must find a new hobby like tennis or so

I loved the interaction between Liz and John at the end... He really tried to cheer her up with this Zelenka-story and reassure her, that she did the right thing... He's a nice guy too *kuddles John and Carson*

Zelenka hates kids...thats mean But I liked his new hairstyle

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                    I think if they really went through with the torture, then you almost have to get rid of kavanagh. Because he would'nt stay there after being tortured would he?
                    I like the fact that Kavanagh fainted... it was a very Firefly/Joss Whedon sort of device... A bit of unexpected humour in a rather potentially dark situation.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Speaking of Firefly, the very start of Teyla's song reminded me of music from that...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Speaking of Firefly, the very start of Teyla's song reminded me of music from that...
                        Reminded me more of BSG than Firefly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                          Reminded me more of BSG than Firefly.
                          Nah, definitely more Firefly'ish than BSG'ish imo

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Nah, definitely more Firefly'ish than BSG'ish imo
                            Hmm..*goes back and listens* You're right, does sound Fireflyish. Ronon entering the conference room sounds more like BSG.

Anybody else notice the handheld camera when Weir decides to torture Kavanaugh?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                              Anybody else notice the handheld camera when Weir decides to torture Kavanaugh?
                              Yeah, I noticed that too. Seemed kind of odd, considering there is very little obvious handheld work on Stargate. I wonder if they'd been watching BSG lately?

Comment

Such a great episode! One of the best methinks! I love the spin offs! Last time we saw Earth in real time was in "Home" and now we had so much time with Earth! Too bad they didn't show anyone from SG-1 though!

I thought Teyla's story was a bit out of place. I was looking for a reason they put that old lady in there! I actually thought she could be a goa'uld! LOl
                                Teyla has a nice voice. I really hate it when characters sing but she did really well!

The pony tail guy is really annoying! I hated him ever ssnse "Letters from Pegasus" No wonder he doesn't have any friends. He's a complaining machine!
                                Wasn't he in "Window of Opportunity" and was hitting Teal'c with a door in every loop?

Caldwell - a bit unexpected, I think. At first I thought that he could be but then I realized that he wouldn't be so happy to help Atlantis find the bomb...

Hey did I understand this right... electric shock disables Goa'uld for awhole? That's new. Or is it? lol.

I hope Dr.Weir wouldn't take the pony tail guy's words seriously! he's such an @ss!

Comment

Working...
                                X