No announcement yet.

Epiphany (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this episode. I actually liked how the love interest came out of nowhere for Shep, to me it showed that he wasn't always looking for the girl. McKay did think about sending a note through but it was after they sent the packs though. I wasn't quite sure why Weir came on the rescue mission, but I did enjoy her being off world.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Caught this one on TV the other day. The guy Shep saves is the same actor from SG-1's Cor-ai episode. I like how when rewatching episodes I notice all these little details.

Not the most action-packed episode, but decent in its own right.
      sigpic

Comment

Not a bad eppy just not one of my favorites.
        sigpic

Comment

Enjoyed it, and I really loved Sheppard's scruffy look. Still, I think they should've sent the note explaining things earlier.
          sigpic

Comment

And now, McKay's line has been transformed from sarcasm to fourth-wall humor with the announcement of Jason Momoa being the new Conan

Comment

Originally posted by natedawg View Post
              And now, McKay's line has been transformed from sarcasm to fourth-wall humor with the announcement of Jason Momoa being the new Conan
              That is so weird that he was cast as Conan, I guess that's why I thought it fit so well when Rodney referred to him that way.

Overall I like the episode but there were some things that didn't seem right. You would think that Rodney would have sent a note through to explain things earlier so that Shep would know what's going on. Given their recent problems, maybe they should have conducted a little more analysis of the situation before jumping in. Other than a few details the story was interesting and the one-liners were priceless.
              At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

I wasn't quite sure why Weir came on the rescue mission, but I did enjoy her being off world.
                Weir is obsessed by meeting Ancients and thought there may be Ancients on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                  Weir is obsessed by meeting Ancients and thought there may be Ancients on the other side.
                  also her experience with the ancient language - mckay wasn't entirely sure about his translation.

oh, and the mission appeared to be peaceful - no wraith presences anywhere.

while, by procedure, the second in command should be on-site if the commander is off-site, her job is a bit like a presidential one - so she could argue that the military second-in-command was still on atlantis, while she went off on an exploratory, potentially diplomatic mission with minimal risk, to find the military commander.
                  Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Anyone else think its funny that Rodney McKay refers to Ronon as "Conan" when he returns to Atlantis after finding out what happens to Colonel Shepard. just thought it was a little ironic since Jason Momoa is playing "Conan" in "Conan the Barbarian" that's about to be released into theaters.

Comment

My favourite part of the ep is when they're ascending and everyone else has that awe look as they're watching, except Ronin, who blinks a few times, looking so unimpressed. It made me laugh.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzah View Post
                        That is so weird that he was cast as Conan, I guess that's why I thought it fit so well when Rodney referred to him that way.

Overall I like the episode but there were some things that didn't seem right. You would think that Rodney would have sent a note through to explain things earlier so that Shep would know what's going on. Given their recent problems, maybe they should have conducted a little more analysis of the situation before jumping in. Other than a few details the story was interesting and the one-liners were priceless.
                        Maybe Rodney's a little bit of a fortune teller

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hive-epiphany/

EPIPHANY (212)

Oof. This episode was the equivalent to season one’s Sanctuary – slowly, somewhat silly, and, occasionally, downright painful to sit through. A great door in (the time distortion portal) is undone by a story involving a community of space-hippies who are being stalked by an invisible bogeyman (the stand-in for the creature during production was a guy in a pink monster suit that would have us in stitches whenever he appeared on dailies). Sheppard joins the commune and he is revealed as…The One who will lead them. As prophecized, of course. It turns out the monster is actually a manifestation of their own fear and, to defeat it, they must come together as one – just like the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers did in in the movie in order to revive their boss, the giant head. The power of love inner strength vanquishes the monster and the episode ends with a good ole fashioned mass ascension.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                            McKay (to Sheppard): What is it with you and ascended women?

Good episode

The Ascendtion effect were sweet, better than effect used when Daniel Ascended (in Meridian).
                            Sheppard looks cool in a beard (although I prefer him with his shaved face).

*1/2 to ** I give it.
                            Thought it was kind of boring, near the bottom of best Brad Wright-written episodes.

Tomorrow, a Goa'uld on Atlantis.
                            sigpic

Comment

The most boring episode of the season for me! What a nausea inducing bunch of 'shiny, happy people', ugh! Don't blame Sheppard for passing on the offer of ascending with them!

The 'malp on a stick' idea was funny, as well as McKay referring to Ronon as 'Conan', and it came to pass!

Comment

Pretty meh ep.

Malp on a stick was funny. As was Rodney referring to Ronan as Conan. Funny how it came true haha.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X