Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: The Hive (211)

Default Re: The Hive (211)

My LiveJournal post
    Woah, Wraith worshippers, huh? Yikes...
    Great ending though, apart from the possibility of Ford not making it off the Hive.
    (Yeah, I'm still being slow...)
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

The Lost Boys was boring. This is the exact opposite. What made the previous episode bad is what makes The Hive a great episode. With no exposition thanks to the previous episode the Hive go right into the action and that is what makes the episode so interesting. We get some nice new information like Wraith worshipers which makes sense. How many of us would do the Wraith's bidding if it meant that we wouldn't get killed by them? The religious aspect by the worshipper at the end made little sense but I still like the concept as well. Ah Ford you blow up on that Hive ship. I hate that comment by Shepphed giving a hint he may not be dead. After the end of 5 seasons it obvious he died on the Hive ship to give that hint is nothing but false hope. At the same time I was disappointed that we never saw the results of the enzyme. It just seems like a storyline that was dropped. A storyline that was not dropped and one I think is very important is the Wraith civil war. It was forshadowed in the Lost Boys and it was an interesting but predictible gamble by Sheppherd to cause the two Hive ships to fire on one another
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Probie

Yeah Ford apparently not making it out of the Hive Ship was kinda sad for me. It seemed there was a possibility that he was going to 'turn good' again. Unfortunate that Team Atlantis lost a capable and loyal member (before he OD'd on enzyme).

This was different. I liked McKay. But the Ford story seemed odd to me, I always thought he would come back, and that they found some cure for him.

This was a very good episode for me, not only did they give new information about the nasty effects of drugs (the enzyme side effects would be quite the anti-drug campaign wouldn't it?)
    But they also gave very more insight into the wraith as a species with worshippers and such and ...O.o Whoah...LEFT feedingslit? What would this imply? Do they have feedingslits on both hands? Or do some grow them on their left hand just like some people write left and some write right? I like the tree commanders, Rocky, who sniffs Ronon (There's a very funny youtube vid to that), Eddie's sexy ass, and the fact that some wraith have sleeveless clothing, and Astor who invades personal space of Teyla. LOL Yes, I'm a fan, and this is certainly a very amusing and interesting episode for me. I just don't like the worshipper but I guess that's personal taste.

First Lieutenant Starship Trooper's Avatar

This conclusion was a big let down after Lost Boys, which I had found very entertaining. I'm new to Atlantis but I've been watching episodes back-to-back and this is definitely a drop in quality since the beginning of S2.

For a supposedly big action episode, it moved incredibly slowly in places and had lots of filler scenes. I thought some of the scripting was really bad too. Sheppard's conversation with the girl who turned out to be the wraith worshiper was actually painful, to the point that I wanted to just skip it. I think this disappointed me more because I was just starting to really like his character (despite the fact that I still don't buy his incredible, and inexplicable, array of abilities).

And the plot holes? Don't get me started! I'm normally pretty good at suspending disbelief, but this episode felt so forced and unbelievable to me.

A definite setback for me in my enjoyment of Atlantis.
    sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed something when I was watching the episode this time. When the Wraith Worshiper curled up with John, she rested her hand in the same place on John's chest the Wraith put their hands when they feed. Wonder if that was part of what tipped him off.

Major General

As someone who has had a woman curl up and place her hand there, its not that unusual.

Yeah I didn't notice that Hand thing either at first.
    I like Sharky

Yeah its always nice to have a lady put her hand....wait what are we talking about?

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    How many of us would do the Wraith's bidding if it meant that we wouldn't get killed by them?
    That is a really good question

Major General

Judging by how many people suffer stockholm syndrome with kidnappers, i would feel quite a lot.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920