No announcement yet.

SG5 Missions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Hall of the Twins, Divine Palace, Delos))

Artemis left the table, passing them as Apollo mounted the stairs dragging Jen behind him with little effort required.

Jen was surprised when she felt a hand briefly at the small of her back as something hard and familiar was slipped into the back of her short skirt. Before she could turn and get a good look, Artemis was gone up the steps, without even a backward glance at her brother and his prisoner. Apollo yanked her arm again. "Come along, you're dwaddling."

She didn't have a lot of choice, but her mind was temporarily away from what had previously seemed inevitable. There was just the one question. Jen looked up to the marble-floored landing above where Artemis was walking away. Looking for a sign, what the Goa'uld wanted. One shot? Or two? Artemis looked down at Jen, for just an instance. Her hand resting on the rail, Artemis off-handedly raised two fingers before walking away.

'That settles that. She wants him dead and she thinks I'll do her dirty work. Will I?'

Last edited by DragonGate; 14 June 2011, 06:40 PM. Reason: messed up HTML
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
      ((Dakara, Roman Camp))

Ak'nar slipped the GDO back in his traveling bag, having made his point. Amused, he walked ahead of the guard.

Ak'nar met Gaius' look, and decided to get to the point. "I need your contact with the Tau'ri, Tribune. Nemesis' former host was captured by Hera several hours ago, and they didn't return. You don't have to let me see your numbers, and I have her things."

He shifted the bag forward slightly.
      [Dakara - Roman camp] {Tribune Gaius Justinius} {Tesserarius Pius Paulus} (( I'm so embarrassed. I forgot totally about Gaius. ))

The Tribune frowned. "In here," he growled, "No sense in having private business floating through the whole troop." He led the other man into the tent and dropped the flap closed.
      Taking a seat and waving his guest to a stool, Gaius grunted, "Hera, eh? Her and Nemesis never were on the best of terms."
      He let a tiny smile cross his lips at the rememberence of the woman he'd first seen mimicking her former 'owner'. "I don't doubt that Stevens can hold her own against Hera but I also don't doubt that the Tau'ri would want her back. What of the rest of her team? Do the Tau'ri know she's missing?"
      You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

((Dakara - Roman camp))

Ak'nar followed Gaius into the tent, shifting the bag on the floor as he sat and explained. "The rest of the team was wounded in battle, but escaped safely. They were lightly armed to work undercover, and Hera's soldiers were in superior numbers. A traitor on Smyrna revealed their presence, and has been dealt with. They did not return, either Hera extracted the IDC from her and has already attacked them, or other circumstances have prevented them from returning. Either way, I need to contact them."
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

[Dakara - Roman camp] {Tribune Gaius Justinius} {Tesserarius Pius Paulus}

With a grunt, Gaius rose and began putting on his armor. "And I was looking forward to an enjoyable day of intimidating the new hastati," he half joked to Ak'nar, "Have you ever met the Tau'ri commander, General Nikolai Blue? Fairly nice guy in an impossible situation."
          He swung his cloak over his shoulder with a flourish, picked up his helmet and flung back the tent flap. "Micon - run ahead and tell the guards that I'll be going to Gaia."

(( Tee-hee. *evil grin* Gaius hasn't seen Nick since Janus took up residence. ))
          Last edited by Jynjyr; 27 June 2011, 08:32 AM.
          You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

((Dakara - Roman Camp))

Ak'nar stood and picked up his bag. "I haven't met anyone higher than the Colonel Richardson who led his team with our rebellion. Their reasons had little to do with us, but it's still a debt."
            Of course, he hadn't expected, but had hoped, for the tribune's direct voucher. "You're coming? Thank you, your presence is invaluable to me, Tribune. I came expecting something more of a letter of introduction."

He pulled a small amphora from his bag and took a drink of water as Tribune Justinius addressed his soldier before they left. Ready to travel again, he offered a return favor. "Any help we can give, feel free to ask. Your people could have come to Smyrna after the attack."

Ak'nar of Smyrna

Apollo made sure the door was latched before turning to his 'helpless' captive. "This is going to be fun. Don't resist me and you might eventually regain your status as a host." His eyes flashed yellow as he took the first steps toward her.
            Jen grabbed the zat from behind her, popped it open and aimed with a steady hand. "Your sister obviously wants you dead, give me a good reason I shouldn't."
            Apollo made a mental note to murder Artemis when he had the chance, if he wasn't killed right here. He bluffed. "Do you really believe that zatnikatel has a charge in it? She knows I find resistance entertaining."
            "I'm feeling lucky, and she singled two shots." Jen squeezed the trigger once, running for the door and lifting the latch before Apollo had properly hit the floor.

((Hallway to Stairs))

One shot at freedom, failure would mean death, Jen ran across the marble. Once outside the confines of the Palace, the way to the 'gate would be clear. She'd gate back to Smyrna, it was the only option without a GDO.

But what if Smyrna wasn't even a free world now? 'I'll fall off that bridge when I get to it. Right now I have to get out of easy reach of the terrible twosome, epecially when she realizes he isn't dead.'

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((EDITED 21 OCTOBER TO REFLECT RETCON OF AK'NAR'S DEPARTURE))

((I am really, really sorry, this has been a rowdy summer. But now I'm getting settled in duty station #3, Vicenza, Italy. I'm going to try to get back in. I blame Criminal Minds, that is all.)

<<Entry hall, Divine Palace, Delos>>

Jen forced open the big doors and as the household was roused to noise behind her, she ran into the night, this was no mile and a half on a PT test, she was running for her life, her freedom, and her sanity if Apollo had made good on her being a host. Even if it was dangerous, Jen closed her eyes and let someone else's memories of this planet guide her feet to the stargate. Her team, her kids needed her. And the infirmary need her.

<Gate clearing, Delos>>
              The flimsy slave sandals were rags when she stumbled from the forest and into the clearing. Her feet were cut and bleeding when she fell exhausted at the base of the DHD. But she couldn't rest, she wasn't off Delos yet.

Jen grabbed the outer rim of the DHD and pulled herself back up on her hurting feet, shaking as she started to push symbols. She couldn't go back to Gaia, no radio or GDO to get past the iris. Smyrna it would have to be.

When the gate activated, Jen looked behind at the forest suddenly illuminated by the wormhole. The noise and shouts of her pursuers, she could hear the horses and the chariot that had made Apollo famous. One more dash, and she could curl up in a ball and die, she'd be free.

The sibling battle would be vicious, she mused as she ran for the wormhole, leaving bloody footprints on the flagstones before she was gone and the gate went dark.

The chariot reined up, the gate shut off and showing no clues where she had gone. Apollo swore a blue streak on the spot. "By every accursed soul in Tartarus, I will have that woman in my bed! Nowhere in this galaxy will she be able to hide from me! Get me trackers and bounty hunters, now! He who brings her to me will receive a god's ransom in naquadah!"

<<Smyrna gate>>
              It was bright daylight here, and the transition made her eyes scream as she ran-fell out the other side, collapsing on the pedestal steps to the shock of the sentries, who rushed to help her when they recognized her. "My lady!" One of the young Jaffa helped her up and bore most of her weight.

"Don call me tha, 'k?" Jen passed out on the spot and he quickly caught her and swept her up in a bridal carry to take back to the acropolis immediately.

Her carrier knew that Ak'nar needed to be informed immediately. She needed rest and a healer now, though.

Last edited by DragonGate; 21 October 2011, 09:31 AM. Reason: Edited to Retcon.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((Edited for Retcon 21 Oct))

<<Nemesis' Quarters, Temple of Nemesis, Smyrna>>

Jen woke up, thinking she'd dreamed her escape, until she heard Mistress Prima's voice, the elderly Jaffa woman's gentle urging, "You need to wake up for a little while, my lady, and eat."

She opened her eyes and said for what felt like the hundredth time. "Don't call me that. Wait, my feet . . ."

"Don't worry yourself, you're free and alive. The rest will come on its own in time." Prima got a tray from nearby and pressed food on Jen.

While reluctantly eating, Jen started questioning. "Ak'nar, I'd think he'd be here."

"He will be here soon, right now he is letting you rest and heal." Prima offered an urn of water.

Jen sighed and drank. It figured, and he had probably retrieved her things tossed in the forest. Still, she knew whereabouts she had thrown them, maybe once she was up one or two soldiers would go with her to search the small valley, in case Ak'nar hadn't. "That's him Send a runner for him, me and him need to talk more than I need to heal."

Last edited by DragonGate; 21 October 2011, 09:34 AM. Reason: Edited for Retcon.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((EDITED for Retcon 21 Oct))

((Nemesis' Quarters))

Jen sat on the chair in front of the sprawling vanity while she spoke with Telrus. "So he definitely recovered my pistol, my zat, the GDO and the radio, right?" He was about to speak when she interrupted. "So help me God, if you say 'my lady' one more time . . . major is perfectly acceptable, Stevens, Jen, Jennifer, anything but addressing me the way you would that ***** Gould." She huffed out a breath.

"Yes, Major, Ak'nar recovered your things and stored them securely in his offices, not even I know where they be."

Jen sighed. "Darnit, I was afraid of that. Scuttle the two soldiers to help me search, and get your boss over here." She needed to get home, knowing how much Hughes was surely torturing himself over what had happened. Her return wouldn't fix it, but it would help more than anything else would. And she needed to know what had happened, if Crescent had lived through her injuries. "And if any bounty hunter after I leave comes looking for me, don't just tell them where I am, but don't let anybody be abused or tortured over me either."

Telrus protested as Jen levered herself up and hit Nemesis' closet for different clothes for going out. She ignored him as she changed clothes behind a thick screen. "My l-, Major, don't go walking out there, your feet. I will bring Ak'nar to you."

Jen stepped out from behind the screen, wearing a knee-length off white dress and sandals padded with clothes for her feet. "You do that, or so help me God, I will walk all the way to the Senate."

Telrus bowed himself out of the room, no longer willing to argue with the Gods-stubborn woman.

Last edited by DragonGate; 21 October 2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: Edited for retcon.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((Ak'nar's offices, Smyrnan Senate))

Telrus walked in, briefly bowing slightly to Ak'nar. "She is awake, and demands to see you. If you don't come to her, she says she will come to you, and I believe her."

He stood up, getting the things they had recovered from the forest out of the locked storage chest in a corner. "Hard to believe that woman takes orders from anyone, isn't it?"

Telrus nodded emphatically as they both left the office to head for the temple. Out of interests of safety for the major (and everybody else), her return was being held as close to their chests as possible. The sooner they got her back to her people, the better.

((Nemesis' Quarters))

Jen was standing impatiently when the two Jaffa entered. Ak'nar looked her up and down. "You are a demanding woman, Major, I only wish I could know if you were like that before you were a host."

Her back went stiff with offense at the implied 'you're acting like a Gould.' But she could acknowledge when she was being a colossal pain in the mik'ta. "I'm sorry, alright. I know my team and I have been an unbelievable burden. All I want is to get back to my team before General Blue decides to have a memorial service for me."

Ak'nar nodded and handed the bag. "All of your things, minus the kara'kesh. It can be assumed that it was brought to Hera as a trophy along with you."

Jen yanked violently on the leather thongs of the drawstring to reach in and draw the GDO out, and it still worked. And her radio. Now she could only pray that the officer of the day would accept both her code and the confirmation over the radio that it was her. "Thank you, for everything, for helping us, helping my team, putting up with me. If you guys need anything, I'm going to do everything I can to get you guys means to contact us, in the meantime the legionnaires on Dakara have a code."

Jen threw a dark gray cloak over herself and concealed her face and red hair with it, then walked out and Ak'nar calmly followed her.

((On the polis and headed for the Smyrna stargate))
                    It was outside, that she looked back at him. "You don't have to walk me to the stargate."

He smiled sardonically. "I believe you will need me to vouch for you, via your Lieutenant Hughes. You have been several hours a prisoner of Queen Hera, you already have been a host to a Goa'uld. They may be difficult about your return."

She sighed and started walking again as Ak'nar shortchanged his steps to stay beside the tiny woman. "Like they'll believe you if they won't believe me. For all they know Smyrna is enemy territory. They can throw me in a brig cell until they know I'm not hosting a symbiote if they want. I'll agree to crab walk, feet first, butt naked into the wormhole if they'll just let me through the iris, dignity of rank be damned."

The mental image was too much. Ak'nar clutched at his pouched stomach and broke into helpless laughter as they walked along the path to the stargate.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((Path to the Smyrna stargate))

Jen find herself stopping frequently to check the wrapping and bandaging of her feet. Ak'nar patiently stayed with her. After the third stop, he threw out a trial balloon question. "Are you sure you do not wish to stay until you are completely healed?"

"If you had a soldier who'd been captured and then he escaped captivity, wouldn't you want him to return as soon as he could, so you would know your man was alive?" Jen stubbornly started walking again.

Ak'nar kept along with her while he answered. "Not if he made it to safety with allies, and was half-crippled by his escape. I would want him to stay and let others nursemaid him."

She fumed as she climbed a small rise of hill. "Well, as kind of you and your people have been, I want to go home. I've got a young marine who's probably torturing himself over my capture, and I have to get back to my team." She didn't want to think how self-destructive Hughes would have gotten over his perceived failure. If anything the failure was hers, the entire mission plan had been idiotic.

Ak'nar nodded. "Hughes." Over the other side of the hill, the gate was visible in the clearing.

Jen nodded, as she ran as well as she could for the gate. She stopped at the DHD and dug her radio and GDO out as she hesitated over the symbols. How hard would it be to get them to open the iris? She'd do whatever General Blue wanted, for the sake of base security. She typed her SG-5 code in and confirmed the GDO was ready to transmit as she took a deep breath to brace for the ordeal of proving she was herself.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((Basing this on my interpretation of last events in the gate room, that the gate on Gaia is still active. *looks around empty game* Nobody around to argue.))
                        ((Smyrnan Stargate))

Jen let out a fortifying breath and started hitting in Gaia's address on the DHD, fully expecting the explosion of an establishing wormhole. As she pressed the center crystal, the chevrons flashed briefly and then went dark. "Okay, was not expecting a busy signal. Colonel Sharp or Oxford or Tallon must be dialing in the same time I am. Damnit. I'll give it like, ten minutes, and dial again."

A minute later, as Jen was about to try again, she yelped when Ak'nar grabbed her around the waist and started to bodily carry her back to the polis. "Take this as a sign from the Ancients, you are meant to stay here until you are well, Major. What are the odds you would attempt to return at the exact moment that the chaapaii is active on your world?"

Jen thrashed and squirmed until she was facing Ak'nar while she yelled. "Put me down! You son of a-"

She was proud, stubborn, spirited. And beautiful. He knew this was crazy and hopeless, she was an ex-host Tau'ri and he was once her Jaffa first prime, but the temptation was too much, watching her for days being herself. He lifted her up to his eye level and kissed her midsentence, cutting off the swear she was about to call him.

A shocked Jen went limp for a long moment, before breaking the kiss and immediately slapping him. "*******! Put me down." He did what she wanted this time, as she crossed her arms and stomped off away from him. Then, "All right, you have a point. Just, go back to the polis. I'll be back there by nightfall if the dial in doesn't work. I'm stubborn, not stupid." She looked up at the noonday Smyrnan sun and wondered when she'd get, back to Gaia.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                        X