Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we use the Ancient rules against them?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we use the Ancient rules against them?

It recently occurred to me that the Ancients don't likek interveening in any race's war or interstellar war etc etc.

They simply hate getting involved in war and more to the point they hate war in general - despite the fact they built the most powerful weapons (Kinda strange really eh?).

Anyway in the 1st part of Atlantis we see the holographic lady saying that they sunk Atlantis in the hope that one day people would return from Earth etc probably to continue the good deeds that the Ancients wanted.

Well then with all of that in mind, can't we simply just call the ancients and say:

Hey, we HAVE returned from earth as you hoped but what is the point if you now don't even support us?

Surely the Ancients would have to reconsider this as a very valid point and realise that we have fulfilled their dreams etc. Once they realise this they would surely realise that they have a duty to help us - as direct descendants from the Egyptians who were inturn Ancients relatives.

Your thoughts?

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

The ancients dont like intervening because of war, the dont intervene because (how can i say this) they want us and other races to "grow up" by themselves and learn things on their own
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I sorta can see where the Ancients are coming from, but it's all fluff when a pure evil like The Wraith outnumber us, technologically way beyond us and could overrun the milkyway galaxy if they found a way there....i don't think we would do much "growing up" in the bellies of the Wraith.

anywho hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Heffa
        I sorta can see where the Ancients are coming from, but it's all fluff when a pure evil like The Wraith outnumber us, technologically way beyond us and could overrun the milkyway galaxy if they found a way there....i don't think we would do much "growing up" in the bellies of the Wraith.

anywho hehe.
        Yeah, i can see where your comming from with the wraith, i cant see the ancients commiting genocide, they seem to be a race with very high moral(sp? or is it even the right word ) you cant justify wiping out a whole race even if that race is going to wipe out a different race.
        BTW, the ancients probably think that they have done enough by providing us with the means to deafeat them

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Save us from the Goa'uld was a valid point aswell but they didnt change their minds
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

They allowed Orlin to descend to help because enough of them thought it was necessary to help as we are in way over our heads

Comment

Surely the Ancients should realise that they should at least help us with shielding technology? - I mean they don't want a war then why not simply help us end the war completely by making it impossible for the enemy to attack in the first place?

Doesn't really make sense though I suppose thats simply the way of the script writers..

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                Surely the Ancients should realise that they should at least help us with shielding technology? - I mean they don't want a war then why not simply help us end the war completely by making it impossible for the enemy to attack in the first place?

Doesn't really make sense though I suppose thats simply the way of the script writers..

-Turboz
                It's not about that. Yeah, I'm sure they want us to win this, to survive. But, like Eoin put it, they want us "lower races" to do it on our own. You know, to overcome these adversities and progress as a species. Intervening too much, no matter the consequences, is simply beneath them.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Te thing i wonder is, the ancients were fighting against the wraith, and then just left, leaving everyone with the problem they started, i mean they could help us there, since it is there fault.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Working...
                  X