This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you start watching SG-1?

When did everyone start watching SG-1? ie which season?
    It sounds like we have a mix of old school (season 1-5?) and new school (season 6 onwards?) fans here, so just wondering what the percentages are like

I started watching since it first aired, so that would be Season 1 for me
    Season 1
    37.50%
    Season 2
    3.75%
    Season 3
    4.38%
    Season 4
    3.75%
    Season 5
    4.38%
    Season 6
    8.13%
    Season 7
    14.38%
    Season 8
    13.75%
    Season 9
    10.00%
    I'm gonna start in July
    0.00%
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Season 6
    Support Cascadia!

Join United States Government Simulation!

Comment

Season 6 as well.

I kept reading neat stuff about it on Starship Modeler Discussion Forum and at that time, I didn't want to watch because I thought the movie was so good that a TV show can't possible do it justice.

I finally cracked early in the 6th season and actually sat down and watched an episode. Sure, I caught it half-way through but I loved what I saw. I do, however rolling my eyes when the hot blonde called this balding guy "dad". "Oh, gawd," I thought, "not another series where family members get involved with the adventures!" I then started watching it from the beginning when it was being rerun on sci-fi and learned all the mythos of the show like that balding guy is the hot blonde's father but he was dying of cancer and blended with a Tok'ra symbiote to cure him and act as an intermediary between humans and the Tok'ra.

Comment

Season 7

Wait, isn't there a thread on this already???
        sigpic

Comment

I started watching SG1 on day 1 even though i was only 8 at the time, ive been a fan since day one
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

episode 1, Children of the Gods, and it's still one of my favourite eps. Have to say I was attracted to the series partly because of the film but also because of RDA, I couldn't believe we were going to see him regularly on the 'box' again! I am still watching tho', even tho' he's no longer there.

Comment

I saw pieces of the episodes I now know to be "Gemini" and "Menace," but actually watched an episode through when "The Other Guys" aired on Stargate Monday. I admit I watched because John Billingsley was in it (I was watching Enterprise at that time before the cancellation) but was hooked in and have saw almost all the episodes through the Sci-Fi repeats.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

1997 when it first appeared on Showtime. So definetly "Old School".

Comment

From the first time I saw Stargate the Movie I always wanted a spin-off and a few years later I found, whilst trolloing around the internet, that the long-haired guy from Macgyver was doing SG-1 and I've been hooked eversince.

I started watching because of the Egyption Mythology used in the movie!
                  It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

since children of the gods, and no one else liked it(stargate), my friends were like yea, i think my dad watches that show...

in fact its still just the dads...
                    "What is an Oprah?" - Teal'c

omg thats so much funnier in my head...

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      Season 7
                      And my Mom's boyfriend got me hooked on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                        I started watching SG1 on day 1 even though i was only 8 at the time, ive been a fan since day one
                        same as me! but i was 7

Comment

I started watching SG-1 around seasons 5 and 6.
                          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                          Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Season 2..."The Serpent's Lair"

Comment

Well I saw it's premiere on Showtime back in 1997. But I really only watched a few eps. Think the channel got dropped. Anyway, I picked back up when it started airing on the Sci-Fi channel. Been addicted ever since.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X