X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Official: BSG Renewed for 3rd Season

From The Sci-Fi Wire:

Galactica Renewed For Season Three

SCI FI Channel announced that it has renewed its original series Battlestar Galactica for a third season. Production on the 20-episode order is slated to begin in Vancouver, Canada, in February 2006 for premiere later in the year, the network said.

The entire ensemble cast returns for the new season, including Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. Also returning are executive producer and writer Ronald D. Moore and executive producer David Eick.

Currently in its second season, Galactica is a hit with audiences. The second season resumes with new episodes on Jan. 6, 2006, as part of the winter premiere of SCI FI Friday. Battlestar Galactica is from NBC Universal Television Studio.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Was there any doubt that it would be renewed?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      I don't think so.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh

I was getting a bit nervous about Laura´s disease.....I don´t want to lose Mary McDonnell. She is my favourite character

Comment

w00t
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Hurray! But come on, the released news of renewal took longer than for the Stargates?

It appears that Roslin is going to be in the next season...maybe. I'm really curious about what they're going to do with her character.

Comment

The renewal took longer because of the amount of deals involved. Stargate is simply paid for by scifi, while BSG is a joint project by both Scifi Channel and Sky One. Because the show is such a success on that channel, they pay for half of the costs. And it looks like they sealed all the actors & actresses for next season, which SG1/Atlantis has yet to do. Atlantis has a five year deal with its actors & actresses, but anybody who has a random schedule (Mitch P.) still has not been signed.

And no there was never a doubt. Think about it. It's Scifi Channels highest rated show, and they only pay half price.
              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Working...
              X