• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solitude (508)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON FIVE
    SOLITUDE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 508

When Martha Kent contracts a Kryptonian disease that will kill her within hours, Professor Fine convinces Clark that the only way to save her is to turn on Jor'El and destroy the Fortress of Solitude.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 02:42 PM.

Come on, tell me this wasn't the end of Brainiac in "Solitude" tonight. I was so getting into his character.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Who here is thinking Lionel still under the thumb of Jor-El? I guessed as much before Lex said anything.

Comment

Excellent episode. Using the GW rating system, I give it a *** 1/2 or ****.
        It was one of the best episodes of the season (or maybe the best episode of the season).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
          Who here is thinking Lionel still under the thumb of Jor-El? I guessed as much before Lex said anything.
          I don't think so.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            I don't think so.
            Umm, who called "Brainiac is Kryptonian" and said "there is a very good reason why he's not effected by Kryptonite".

*points at himself.*

I call Lionel is "still under the thumb of Jor-El".

Let's see if I can go 2 for 2.

Comment

I don't think we have seen the last of Brainiac.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Come on, tell me this wasn't the end of Brainiac in "Solitude" tonight. I was so getting into his character.
                It was billed as Brainiac's FIRST attempt to get Clark to do what he wants.
                I think he'll be back.

Comment

Brainiac will be back in the comics and stuff he teams up with Lex to kill Superman

and i also think Lionel is "still under the thumb of Jor-El".
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                    It was billed as Brainiac's FIRST attempt to get Clark to do what he wants.
                    I think he'll be back.
                    I sure hope so. I can so see him becoming an awesome enemy for Clark.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The way prof Fine death by disintegration seems to hint the possibility that he would come back. As it is, his background story already interesting to see. And they never explained what he did when he come to see the ship in Lex's hangar.
                      sigpic
                      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Perhaps it was another form of teleportation, or he found a way to hide out, in the program of that black crystal. Still, why is he so bent on killing Clark...on and the preview for "Superman Returns" was great!

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                          Perhaps it was another form of teleportation, or he found a way to hide out, in the program of that black crystal. Still, why is he so bent on killing Clark...on and the preview for "Superman Returns" was great!

Well seeing how he's an AI having his body destroyed is not such a big deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_%28comics%29
                          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Any therories on why the ship disintegrated when Fine did?

That didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, unless of course, the ship was part of Brainiac and not just controlled by him. Odd, but not impossible.

Love to see how Lex is going to explain this one to Lana.

Poor silly Clark, you should have realized something was up when Fine started blabbing on about how the two of you were "superior" to the "barbaric humans". Lucky for you, your loyal sidekick Reporter Girl saved the day.
                            Malaka
                            {Muse in Training}

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
                            Do not go gentle into that good night,
                            Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

I can't wait for Brainiac's eventual return. He is an awesome foe for Clark to contend with.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X