This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD BOXSET SG-A Season One

In anticipation of the set coming out tomorrow and seeing that there are no threads currently in this area for it, I figured now would be a good time to start a thread on the quality and content for those of us who have preordered or are getting it tomorrow on 11/15/2005 when it is released here in the USA.
    This to help those who are deciding whether or not to purchase the set they can decide after seeing reviews on the boxset here.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

i preordered mine and picked it up. as such i got it for $79.95 *Australian* and got a tshirt with the Atlantis emblem on the front. ^_^

As far as the disks. They come in a single box, much like a lot of new video games. Which is good, cos i hated having to figure which box the disks came from after a session. The cover box is pretty with a kind of holographic cover. The inside has a book with the episode summaries. I havent gotten to watch any of them yet because im saving it till exams are over (its my treat). But its ATLANTIS!!! HULLO!!! Why WOULDNT you buy it?!

And think about it, thats 20 or so episodes + special features of your favourite characters. I'm expecting the amount of screen caps to increase now ppl will play the dvds on their pcs. ^_^ I know mine will.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
    http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

My order HAS been shipped.
      waitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaiting
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i got it last week to review (region 1)
        its fairly decent.
        the episodes and commentaries are of course always good.
        some of the other special features are a little lacking, but they aren't too bad.
        the packaging is pretty nice too. I like that its thinner than the SG-1 sets.

Comment

Will so be going to ezy dvd on the way home today....got to get shiny new Atlantis

Comment

I was at my local Best Buy on Saturday and they had the SGA Season 1 on the self already. I picked it up but have not had time to watch anything yet.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

oooh, the good ness.... the special features. especially the "it aint easy being green" wraith feature. and for the record, Torri would do a wraith.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
              http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20214 has a link to a big review on the dvd set

Comment

Originally posted by neko138
                  oooh, the good ness.... the special features. especially the "it aint easy being green" wraith feature. and for the record, Torri would do a wraith.
                  i so was gonna write that here, but you beat me to it... i LMAO when Torri said that about the wraith... she is adorable... its funny to see that a;lll the cast members would date a wraith... Joe: "*whispers* know one can know i said that"
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Just picked my copy up! Best Buy has them on sale for $39.99!
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      My order HAS been shipped.
                      waitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaiting
                      Ditto... Atlantis and Tru Calling season 2! Yay!

Hurry up Amazon!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I preordered mine from BestBuy online for 39.99 and hopefully will be getting it today or tomorrow. That was the cheapest I could find it.
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by neko138
                          i preordered mine and picked it up. as such i got it for $79.95 *Australian* and got a tshirt with the Atlantis emblem on the front. ^_^

As far as the disks. They come in a single box, much like a lot of new video games. Which is good, cos i hated having to figure which box the disks came from after a session. The cover box is pretty with a kind of holographic cover. The inside has a book with the episode summaries. I havent gotten to watch any of them yet because im saving it till exams are over (its my treat). But its ATLANTIS!!! HULLO!!! Why WOULDNT you buy it?!

And think about it, thats 20 or so episodes + special features of your favourite characters. I'm expecting the amount of screen caps to increase now ppl will play the dvds on their pcs. ^_^ I know mine will.

You got a book with episode summaries? I'm in Region 1 and didn't get the book. I did get a booklet advertising stuff from Creation Entertainment and discounts on SGA merchandise, etc. Sniff...no summary book. Did anyone else in Region 1 get the summary book? Maybe it's just me that got jipped
                          Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Just bought it at Walmart for $44.92
                            sigpic

Comment

By the way, does anybody else think that Sony should've added The Seige, Part 3 to the collection, even though it's part of Season 2?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X