This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our own government behind 9/11

I know, touchy subject. Almost taboo. Whether you're a Bush fan or not, I think it's worth mentioning and listening to some things I find odd about the attacks on the US on 9/11/01.

Immediately after we were attacked, we seemed to know who was responsible.

The plane that hit the Pentagon hit in the least populated section of the building. I think that if the US government was behind it, and I think they are, they would want to keep the casualties of their own employees to a minimum therefore, they targeted an area of the Pentagon that was under construction.

Also, it's interesting to note that tie time stamp for the Pentagon's surveillance tape shows that the plane hit on the 10th, not the 11th. I find it hard to accept that our government employees, those who are so anal about everything would overlook the time stamp feature on their multiplexers.

I find it interesting that our search for Bin Laden has come up with nothing. In fact, our mission to find the supposed WMD in Iraq was a complete failure and we weren't really there to look for the WMD but to take over the region and have oil money flowing in from there.

Bush used the 9/11 excuse to justify the war in Iraq and, if my belief is true, that he was the mastermind behind 9/11, the was is completely unjust and Bush should face the firing squad himself. Funny how he and Bin Laden were in business together and the whole Bush family are oil tycoons?

All of a sudden after 9/11 Bush has everything he wants; support for increased security in the air and at airports; The Department of Homeland Security who had the ability and the means to conduct surveillance on anyone, anytime which includes what library books we check out. He also had the support of Congress and our overseas allies for an invasion of Iraq.

Until someone sits me down and proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bin Laden was behind 9/11 without the help or cooperation or support of Bush, I'm going to continue believing that Bush was behind the whole thing and is using it as an excuse to make policy over in the Middle East.

As American citizens, I believe it's our duty to investigate this and bring the appropriate people to justice.

It’s called "spin", everyone and it's not unprecedented for a government leader to deceive the people for his own gains.

I challenge anyone here with media or government ties to seek the truth and bring it to the light. Do it before more innocent people including our soldiers in Iraq die.

Didn't Bin Ladin come right out and say he did it? You make some interesting points which bring up some grey areas, but IMHO not necessarily meaning a conspiracy of that magnitude. If you're right, and i really hope you're not because despite not being American that makes me sick to my stomach, then we are all trully doomed beyond belief.
    Last edited by Anubis69; 13 November 2005, 03:48 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

The truth is the government is not behind it. The people who are behind it are proud of it and happily admit to it so I dont see where the conspiracy comes. The only explanation I can come up with for such conspiracy theories is that we live such and easy life and we have so much free time on our hands that we feel the need to invent creative ways to keep ourselves occupied.

I think I will just stick with the big Stargate conspiracy.

EDIT and aliens, I like the alien conspiracies too.... Aliens are bored too, thats why they mess with farmers fields and buz people out in the middle of nowhere.

Edit again: I wonder where Americans get this since of guilt from... a lot of us are not religous so I wouldnt think it would come from there. But it seems that somehow we think we owe eveyone on the planet an apology for something...
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

But Bin Laden and Bush were in business together. He was also trained by the CIA!

That, alone make it worthwhile to dig deeper.

Comment

I find the initial post equally laughable and horribly insulting (and I'm a Democrat!) and IMHO it is designed only to start an argument. I'll leave it to others who have more of a right to do so, especially those who lost family members in this horrible tragedy, to tell you what they think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
            <snipped all the blah blah blah out>
            As American citizens, I believe it's our duty to investigate this and bring the appropriate people to justice.
            I'm not an American citizen. Please don't suggest what I should or shouldn't do. If this post was meant for just American's surely there is a more appropriate site out there, than a Stargate site for this type of rhetoric? Apart from that, you do know that it wasn't just American's killed on the 11th September?

You really are an attention whore aren't you? If you can't get enough attention through declaring your sexuality, to proclaiming your undying love to your fiancee to a blatent attempt at causing nothing but arguements through a post that should have been disclaimered with "this is purely my opinion and may offend some".

No doubt this post will soon be followed by your miriad of groupies proclaiming how you are allowed to post your opinion and how you are brave for speaking your mind, but really, have you ever thought that sometimes it may be best to keep quiet? Have you ever considered that perhaps your post(s) may be extremely offensive to some people? Or perhaps, that doesn't matter because you enjoy "freedom of speech" so other's feelings don't matter provided you have your own little place to vent?

Comment

I'm not trying to start a fight.

I think the best way to remember the victims of 9/11 is to find the people responsible for it and bring them to justice whether it be foreign or domestic.

My biggest complaint is that hardly anyone at the Pentagon lost their lives yet thousands died in New York. I find it hard to believe that it was just a coincidence that the plane hit the least occupied section of the Pentagon/

Comment

I'm not trying to start a fight.

I think the best way to remember the victims of 9/11 is to find the people responsible for it and bring them to justice whether it be foreign or domestic.

My biggest complaint is that hardly anyone at the Pentagon lost their loves yet thousands died in New York. I find it hard to believe that it was just a coincidence that the plane hit the least occupied section of the Pentagon/
                I'm not saying I don't agree with you. The fact there was never any wreckage found indicates suspicion. However, for the sake of people's feelings do you think it's the wisest thing to do to make such a blatently controversial post - particularly on a Stargate fan site?

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                  I'm not an American citizen. Please don't suggest what I should or shouldn't do. If this post was meant for just American's surely there is a more appropriate site out there, than a Stargate site for this type of rhetoric? Apart from that, you do know that it wasn't just American's killed on the 11th September?

You really are an attention whore aren't you? If you can't get enough attention through declaring your sexuality, to proclaiming your undying love to your fiancee to a blatent attempt at causing nothing but arguements through a post that should have been disclaimered with "this is purely my opinion and may offend some".

No doubt this post will soon be followed by your miriad of groupies proclaiming how you are allowed to post your opinion and how you are brave for speaking your mind, but really, have you ever thought that sometimes it may be best to keep quiet? Have you ever considered that perhaps your post(s) may be extremely offensive to some people? Or perhaps, that doesn't matter because you enjoy "freedom of speech" so other's feelings don't matter provided you have your own little place to vent?

Well, what if I'm right?

Hardly anyone thinks so, so I'm called a nut or an attention whore.

I'm trying to be a patriot here.

Have we found Bin Laden? No. Did we find weapons of mass destruction? Sure, they were in North Korea.

Comment

I'm not saying I don't agree with you. The fact there was never any wreckage found indicates suspicion. However, for the sake of people's feelings do you think it's the wisest thing to do to make such a blatently controversial post - particularly on a Stargate fan site?
                    Where else am I going to post it? Last I knew, the New York times doesn't have a board and I don't know how to contact Michael Moore.

Comment

Did we find weapons of mass destruction?
                      Have you looked in your own backyard? Doesn't America have more weapons of mass destruction than anyone else?

When will the UN sanctions on America be imposed? When will the UN declare that the US allow inspectors in to find and catalogue the WMD America has stock piled?

Look in your own backyard and mend it before declaring the rest of the world as wrong.

I'm not going further into this. I made my point about trying to show some concern and compassion for people. That said, best wishes to you on your upcoming wedding.

Comment

Have you looked in your own backyard? Doesn't America have more weapons of mass destruction than anyone else?
                        <snip>.
                        Yes, and I think we should use them all immediatly if just to stop us from rehashing the same old conversations..

There was plenty of wreckage found... dont you think if there was a story here that there would be many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many news legitamet news stories about this? Do you have any idea how many people would love to take down the US government, in any form? This is just gosssip.

But I digress, this is your thread and you are free to gossip if you wish, but you did ask for opinions... so I gave mine.... now I will go talk about Bengals and how they will probably lose to Indy next week, or how TBTP will ruin stargate,.. more reasons for weapons of mass distruction.

EDIT: the above rant was not directed at nathanaus or anyone specifically other then maybe babaganoosh, and only because he started the thread. IT was not ment to be inflametory or insulting in any way.... just humorous in a pulling my hair out kinda way.....end disclaimer.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

But Bin Laden and Bush were in business together. He was also trained by the CIA!

That, alone make it worthwhile to dig deeper.
                          Not really, considering our entire nation was in business with Bin Laden back in the 70's when the Soviets were invading Afghanistan.

Immediately after we were attacked, we seemed to know who was responsible.
                          That's because it was their MO. Besides, they had attacked the WTC before back in 1993.

The plane that hit the Pentagon hit in the least populated section of the building. I think that if the US government was behind it, and I think they are, they would want to keep the casualties of their own employees to a minimum therefore, they targeted an area of the Pentagon that was under construction.
                          If they were behind it and didn't mind kill thousands of innocent civilians, then I'm sure they would have no problem killing more military personnel. Besides if we had people on the inside we could have used a lot more than four planes.

Also, it's interesting to note that tie time stamp for the Pentagon's surveillance tape shows that the plane hit on the 10th, not the 11th. I find it hard to accept that our government employees, those who are so anal about everything would overlook the time stamp feature on their multiplexers.
                          There are a lot of theories about this. Personally I tend to use good old Occam's Razor. What is more likely, that someone screwed up, or that there is a vast government conspiracy?

I find it interesting that our search for Bin Laden has come up with nothing. In fact, our mission to find the supposed WMD in Iraq was a complete failure and we weren't really there to look for the WMD but to take over the region and have oil money flowing in from there.
                          There is a lot of territory to search, he has dozens of look-a-likes, and for all we know they have already got him and just aren't telling us. As to the Iraq thing, let's take one conspiracy at a time.

Bush used the 9/11 excuse to justify the war in Iraq and, if my belief is true, that he was the mastermind behind 9/11, the was is completely unjust and Bush should face the firing squad himself. Funny how he and Bin Laden were in business together and the whole Bush family are oil tycoons?
                          Bush cannot even pronounce the word "nuclear", do you honestly think he can orchestrate a massive world-wide terror conspiracy? He went into Iraq because he had bad intelligence information. IMO even if the evidence did point to Saddam working on WMD, that is not sufficient reason to go in guns blazing. But I don't think it was linked to 9/11 either. Even if, and I stress if, there was a conspiracy for oil, then Cheney is behind it and Bush is just a patsy.

All of a sudden after 9/11 Bush has everything he wants; support for increased security in the air and at airports; The Department of Homeland Security who had the ability and the means to conduct surveillance on anyone, anytime which includes what library books we check out. He also had the support of Congress and our overseas allies for an invasion of Iraq.
                          Well this isn't exactly true. He doesn't have a lot of support for the Patriot Act now. Congress has to keep refining it to avoid 1984. So he's taken a lot of heat for it. Also a lot of our overseas allies disagreed with the invasion. They may have gone along with it, but most didn't like it. But when the most powerful nation on Earth says "we're goin in" you don't have much choice but to follow.

Until someone sits me down and proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bin Laden was behind 9/11 without the help or cooperation or support of Bush, I'm going to continue believing that Bush was behind the whole thing and is using it as an excuse to make policy over in the Middle East.
                          Well you're free to believe what you wish, but it would be extremely difficult to orchestrate a conspiracy of such massive proportions. I would also remind you not to allow personal dislike of Bush to interfere with your objectivity in this matter. I am a liberal and disagree with 90% of the things he does, but I don't think he is behind 9/11. Anyways, I highly doubt Bin Laden would cooperate with Bush. Even if Bin Laden did want to cooperate with him, why settle for only 2000 some American lives? Bin Laden would want Bush to do something bigger, like setting off a nuclear explosion of some kind. The idea that they would work together just doesn't make any sense.

It's interesting to note, you believe strongly in American values as demonstrated by this statement. Yet you abandon the principle of innocent until proven guilty. Your previous quote about believing Bush is behind this until someone shows you evidence otherwise demonstrates a belief of guilty until proven innocent. You need to have consistent American values for all Americans, not just the ones you like.

It’s called "spin", everyone and it's not unprecedented for a government leader to deceive the people for his own gains.
                          Yes, but it also takes a certain level of intelligence and agility to perform, qualities of which Bush is in short supply.

Comment

Good of you not to attack. Thanks.

Anyway, with regards to the WMD and to play devil's advocate, we don't use our WMD against our own people or against our neighbors and our programs are in keeping with NATO regulations.

Comment

Anyway, with regards to the WMD and to play devil's advocate, we don't use our WMD against our own people or against our neighbors
                              The Japanese might have something to say about that...

our programs are in keeping with NATO regulations.
                              What makes NATO's (or the UN's) regulations legitimate? Answer: they're not, so it doesn't really matter if we are in compliance with them.
                              "There is simply no other choice than this: either to abstain from interference in the free play of the market, or to delegate the entire management of production and distribution to the government. Either capitalism or socialism: there exists no middle way."
                              -Ludwig von Mises

Comment

Working...
                              X