This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Alien Allies

Since Altantis is surrounded by water, maybe there should be some water-breathing aliens. They was those come to Altantis before revealing themselves to the newcomers.

I would like to hear about other aliens that could be allies.

I wonder if any of the Oannes ever made it to Pegasus..
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I wish they did. But I think that the chances of seeing Nem again are slim to none

Comment

Is atlantis a 100% waterworld!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          Is atlantis a 100% waterworld!?
          No, in one episode (I forget which at the moment) they investigate a nearby continent as a potiential settlement for the displaced Athosians.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Water-based aliens are a good idea. Expensive to shoot, though, so I won't hold my breath.

Get it? Hold my... ahh, that's rich. *wipes tear* sigh.
            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
            --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

It took me a second or two to digest the fact you actually said that.

Comment

Originally posted by VixyOwl (~~Ani)
                Water-based aliens are a good idea. Expensive to shoot, though, so I won't hold my breath.

ROFL You're killing me. that was bad, real bad.

Comment

Originally posted by VixyOwl (~~Ani)

Speaking of shooting, I think I might want to shoot someone after that joke. J/K, but you have to admit, that was pretty bad. Back on-topic, it would be nice to see some water-aliens. Anyone notice how the underwater shots of Atlantis were lacking a bit of life?

Comment

This passed season, Star Trek: Enterprise did a passable, if not spectacular, water race and they're pretty much giving those eps away in an effort to get to syndication. So I think Scifi channel could shell out the bucks to get a decent water based life form going.

The problem with sea-dwelling allies is that, unless there's a bridging technology/biology, there's really not a lot of interaction that can take place. They'd just turn into the Atlantean version of the Tolan or the Asgaard, there to answer questions, but not a lot else.

They could write it so they could interact easily, I'm sure, but I don't think they'd bother to head down that path.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

They had a TV series in 1977, called Man from Atlantis, where he was human but could breath air but every so often had to go back to the sea to build up his strength. Patrick Duffy starred as the waterbreathing man from Atlantis.

The writers could based the Aliens on something of that nature. Then the Aliens could interact with dryworlders, (Air breathers) when they need to.

Comment

Maybe they'll just have to carry tanks of water around with them..
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          They had a TV series in 1977, called Man from Atlantis, where he was human but could breath air but every so often had to go back to the sea to build up his strength. Patrick Duffy starred as the waterbreathing man from Atlantis.

The writers could based the Aliens on something of that nature. Then the Aliens could interact with dryworlders, (Air breathers) when they need to.
                          Very Aurthur Curry....

I'd be disappointed if they introduced an Aquaman type character.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Maybe they'll just have to carry tanks of water around with them..
                            Or if they are mammals they wouldn't have to worry about them carrying water. Then again you would think if they breathed air we would see them all ready.
                            Fish can live in land for a very long time. The mudskipper is one of them. All they need to make sure is that their gills don't dry up.

Comment

I created a race of fish-like people (which I called the Sea Folk or Seftot) for my own fiction. They're actually mammals, and closely related to humans, but they do need to return to the water occasionally or their skin will dry out, which would be quite uncomfortable. But they'd be fine as long as they go back to soak for a while.
                              Tripudire est irritus
                              Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                              We are the Mooninites

Comment

Working...
                              X