Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any US Football fans?

NFL.com

This is for discussion, on REAL American Football.

I'm a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, seeing as I am born and raised Floridian.

I don't quite understand what's going on with Terrell Owens or what happen with the Vikings (some kind of scandal?). I only follow the NFC South and I am only getting 2nd-hand (after the fact) news reports on this what is going on outside of my division.

I am a football fan. My team, even though I live in Florida is the chargers.
    Don't know anything about T.O. or Vikings as I don't pay attention to much outside my team.

Comment

YAY, a US football thread.

I'm a Bengals fan.. yes even the last 15 loooonnnnnggggg years... and no I do I am not yet convinced they are good this year so I am not about to pound my chest and declare us superbowl champs...and I am annoyed by those that do.

TO has issues. He is one of the greatest "players" in the league. All he has to do is shut up and do his job and he would make millions, win superbowls and get endorsements. But instead he alienates his teammates and the fans and now he will be booted off a team that had a chance for a superbowl and will end up somewhere where he probably wont have a shot. What goes around comes around. He scrwd Baltimore (which as a cinci fan I am happy about) and he trashed his QB and tried to scrw the Eagles and now he is out of football for the rest of the year (unless the Eagles cave). Guy should take the free time to get some therapy before coming back next year.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        YAY, a US football thread.

I'm a Bengals fan.. yes even the last 15 loooonnnnnggggg years... and no I do I am not yet convinced they are good this year so I am not about to pound my chest and declare us superbowl champs...and I am annoyed by those that do.

TO has issues. He is one of the greatest "players" in the league. All he has to do is shut up and do his job and he would make millions, win superbowls and get endorsements. But instead he alienates his teammates and the fans and now he will be booted off a team that had a chance for a superbowl and will end up somewhere where he probably wont have a shot. What goes around comes around. He scrwd Baltimore (which as a cinci fan I am happy about) and he trashed his QB and tried to scrw the Eagles and now he is out of football for the rest of the year (unless the Eagles cave). Guy should take the free time to get some therapy before coming back next year.
        T.O. might be great but the best player is L.T.

Comment

I am!!! I'm a huge Seattle Seahawks fan. Born and raised as a fan, and shall stay a fan! 6-2 so far this season!

I cheer on the Chargers now, too, since I live in San Diego, but whenever they do play the Seahawks, it's Seahawks first.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I like Seattle too. They have Shawn Alexander who is from Cincinnati and Peter Warrick. I liked him and hope he does well but it is nice that the Bengals are now good enough that the players they cut are actually good.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              I am!!! I'm a huge Seattle Seahawks fan. Born and raised as a fan, and shall stay a fan! 6-2 so far this season!

I cheer on the Chargers now, too, since I live in San Diego, but whenever they do play the Seahawks, it's Seahawks first.
              Cool. Another person who likes the chargers. My entire family makes fun of me for it. It's evil. But we all know the chargers are the better team, they just have a tougher season.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                Cool. Another person who likes the chargers. My entire family makes fun of me for it. It's evil. But we all know the chargers are the better team, they just have a tougher season.
                I like the Chargers, but I am getting annoyed at their inability to finish a game this season. They start out so well, then crash and burn in the second half! Frustrating, because you see early on the great potential that they have if they can hang on.

Last year, the playoffs were a killer, though. Doubleheader - first the Seahawks game, then the Chargers game right after... and both lost! *cries*

Comment

Go Packers!!!! Lets win some games!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                    I like the Chargers, but I am getting annoyed at their inability to finish a game this season. They start out so well, then crash and burn in the second half! Frustrating, because you see early on the great potential that they have if they can hang on.

Last year, the playoffs were a killer, though. Doubleheader - first the Seahawks game, then the Chargers game right after... and both lost! *cries*
                    They are going into the easy part of their season now though so they should do much better. The only hard teams they have to play are the Steelers and Colts. Either way though they should make it into the playoffs even if they lose against these two teams and win against the other easy teams.
                    Dang that kicker of their Kaeding or they would have advanced. I am still mad at him for not making that field goal even if he was a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                      They are going into the easy part of their season now though so they should do much better. The only hard teams they have to play are the Steelers and Colts. Either way though they should make it into the playoffs even if they lose against these two teams and win against the other easy teams.
                      Dang that kicker of their Kaeding or they would have advanced. I am still mad at him for not making that field goal even if he was a rookie.
                      Oh, I'm still bitter at Caldwell for fumbling the ball that cost us the game a few weeks ago!

Comment

Baltimore Ravens all the way!

Comment

OK, I’m going to take a stand here. I am going to make a statement. Dare I say I am going to make a GUARANTEE.

The Bengals will NOT LOSE TODAY.

There, I said it.
                          I guarantee it.
                          I will give you all ice cream if I'm wrong.

Comment

Gee look the Colts are winning. Never would have suspected that.

Comment

Hey look the Colts won. We should start a pool on when everyone thinks they will lose. I say the @seattle.... maybe @jacksonville.

Comment

Working...
                              X