Borg Inconsistancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borg Inconsistancies

OK so the Borg had a make over for First Contact....now since it was never explained as to why, cannon wise, i always thought it was due to advancements in their technology....so with this in mind, it always bugged me when we saw the back in time sequences in Dark Frontiers with the Raven.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    OK so the Borg had a make over for First Contact....now since it was never explained as to why, cannon wise, i always thought it was due to advancements in their technology....so with this in mind, it always bugged me when we saw the back in time sequences in Dark Frontiers with the Raven.

When you say the Borg had a make-over what exactly do you mean?....Like they look different or something?....sorry I'm a little confused
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

There appearance changed from TNG to FC.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, all I can think of is the budget for the FX. They had much more available for First Contact.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          There appearance changed from TNG to FC.

I noticed that to.....Missster Freeman is probably right, budget and the the advancement of costume designing.

Although they did'nt change as much as the Klingons from TOS to TNG with Worf. They down right went through a metamorphis.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            Although they did'nt change as much as the Klingons from TOS to TNG with Worf. They down right went through a metamorphis.

haha they sure did! I thought it was cool how they dealt with that issue in Trials and Tribble-ations!

If I can remember correctly, the Borg had the same look in Voyager as First Contact. I'm sure the first time the Borg appeared in Voyager was after First Contact.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yeah, in TNG, the Borg just had white faces and not much more than servos and tubing poking out of their bodies.

In First Contact and Voyager, the Borg looked more gray with a mottled look to it. They also have a lot more exposed circuitry and lights on their bodies.

This is an example of what the borg looked like in TNG

This is how they appeared in First Contact, Voyager and Enterprise

Comment

Well the Klingon appearance was explained, but the Borg thing never was. I just assumed that if it actually had an in-universe explaination then the scenes in Dark Frontiers screwed that up.
                sigpic

Comment

In show, it probably has to do with the new races and technologies they assimulated.

Real reason is the ability to create better costumes because of the movie... just like (as said) the Klingons... or the uniforms... or the federation ships.

BTW I dont think you can really compare a picture of a borg drone with the borg queen and have a fair comparison. You need a drone, drone comparison.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

they look the same

Comment

yeah, I guess they do. The queen doesnt have the eyepiece though, If I recall that was cooler in the movie too as was their way of assimulating people.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        yeah, I guess they do. The queen doesnt have the eyepiece though, If I recall that was cooler in the movie too as was their way of assimulating people.
                        how they assimilated was never explained in the series so off course its cooler. Picard just showed up as a Borg but it took first contact to introduce the assimilation tubes and show parts of the process.

i can understand what Elite Anubis Guard is talking about. even when the Klingons under went their change, it wasn't ignored. DS9 brought it up and then Enterprise finally revealed the secret but the Borgs change was never explained.

the Borg when we first saw them had full body shields and had so much extra crap attached they didn't look that much to be afraid off until FC when they were bad ass and were cleaned up and made cool looking

sigpic

Comment

All the Borg have a specific job and task to do. So it makes sense that some Borg are gonna look different (ie...some have extra hardware and accessories attached to there bodies for there specific job). Plus the fact they are always assimliating new species and races so there technology is always growing or expanding which could mean changes and additions to there Borg outfits.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                            All the Borg have a specific job and task to do. So it makes sense that some Borg are gonna look different (ie...some have extra hardware and accessories attached to there bodies for there specific job). Plus the fact they are always assimliating new species and races so there technology is always growing or expanding which could mean changes and additions to there Borg outfits.
                            If that were the case...then how do you explain the Borg in Enterprise? It was pre-FC.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                              If that were the case...then how do you explain the Borg in Enterprise? It was pre-FC.
                              those borg where some of the borg from first contact

Comment

Working...
                              X