Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermiod Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Hello all

I thought I start this new thread where we can all say what we like about Hermiod, the funny Asgard on board the Daedalus ! What do you think about Hermy? (short for Hermiod). Personnaly I love him. He is the best Asgard of them all. I like all the Asgard but he is more lively. I recommand that you check out the episodes The Siege part 3 and Intruder where funny scenes come up with him and Novak, McKay and Sheppard. If you like Hermiod so much like I do, please post in this thread !! What I find a big shame is that he is only on board the Daedalus and not in Atlantis itself. I think he should be more in the show. Sofar he has only appeared in 2 episodes ! but let us hope that he'll appear more in some episodes. More Hermiod !!

So by this the Hermiod appreaciation thread has been officially opened !

_Anubis
    Last edited by Lord Zedd; 16 February 2006, 06:17 AM.
    Lord Zedd

I like Hermy. But I cant pronounce his full name, it always comes out wrong. We need to see way more of him so I can figure out how to pronounce it.
    I dont know if he is the greated asgard of all but he is certainly the snarkiest (probably has to do with his job). I also think hes probably young for an asgard...maybe only 5000 years old or something.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeah well if he isn't the greatest Asgard that could be good for a poll or so. I like all the Asgard but I like Hermiod because he is snarky or what ever it means. A bit crancky he is so much fun. He isn't like the typical Asgard we have encountered yet. Thor,Freyr and Heimdall and the high council of the Asgard are very seriously. Loki was a problem maker ! Hermiod is way much funnier. He has a lot more character I think. I want more Asgard in Stargate SG.1 and Stargate Atlantis.
      Lord Zedd

Comment

If I was an Asgard I would be Hermiod. I noticed we had similar dispostions. I think that EVERYONE should have a Snarky Asgard....hours and hours of entertainment in the form of a three foot grey being. And anyone who can give Rodney a run for his money on the sarcasm scale is brilliant by default.
        ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

"Crap indeed"
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Great idea for a thread. It certainly makes a change to have an asgard that says what's on his mind and acts more human, not so superior and controlled whatever the situation like Thor. I would like to see more of him and interactions between him and the humans like Shep and Novak. Him being young for a asgard (don't know where that info is from through) might explain his behavior.
            sigpic

Comment

I love the little guy and his dirty dirty mouth!
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Yeah I love him too he is great and I think he diserves this thread. Don't you all?
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                  Yeah I love him too he is great and I think he diserves this thread. Don't you all?
                  Of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    "Crap indeed"
                    hehehehehehe I just saw it in the episode Intruder So incredibly funny !!
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                      Great idea for a thread. It certainly makes a change to have an asgard that says what's on his mind and acts more human, not so superior and controlled whatever the situation like Thor. I would like to see more of him and interactions between him and the humans like Shep and Novak. Him being young for a asgard (don't know where that info is from through) might explain his behavior.
                      It is just an asumption that he is younger. It could be. I don't mind. Hermiod rocks because he is how he is. He curses in Asgard language, I wish I knew what he was saying. He talks funny. He says crap indeed Thor would say: that is most unfortunate !! So that is why I like Hermy so much He isn't that dry as Thor
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

You mean no one's cracked the Asgard language yet?

Comment

Oh, but they have. There are threads on this forum, somewhere that says what Hermy says... he is speaking backward english... dont know if Hermy is chosing to do this on purpose or if TPTB thought it would be funny to make the asgard language just backward english (seems more reasonable excuse).
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            Oh, but they have. There are threads on this forum, somewhere that says what Hermy says... he is speaking backward english... dont know if Hermy is chosing to do this on purpose or if TPTB thought it would be funny to make the asgard language just backward english (seems more reasonable excuse).

Sweet! I'll have to hunt around for them.

I think it would be so funny if he did it backwards on purpose just to show how smart he was. Like "ha ha I can speak your foreign language backwards and you can't even understand your native language backwards" sort of thing.

Comment

I wonder what Hermy is saying !! Lol Has someone cracked it?
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                              X