This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask Joe Flanigan!

With the impending release of Stargate Atlantis Season One on DVD, GateWorld has been invited to ask Joe Flanigan questions. So, we're going to let YOU ask!

As with Ben, here's how it works -- with one addendum.
    1. The question must be Season One related. Other questions will be dismissed.
    2. If you're a lurker, you'll need a free account in GateWorld Forum to ask.
    3. The question must be your own.
    4. Be sure your question has not already been entered by someone else! (Please!)
    5. Try to come up with something atypical. This will increase your chances of yours being picked.
    6. One question only, please.

At the bottom, be sure to submit the name you want to have with the interview (i.e. GateWorld reader David wants to know ...), so be sure, if you go with your alias, you pick something that's pronouncable!

Questions must be submitted no later than THIS MONDAY, November 14 at 11:59 PM Eastern.

Good luck, and thanks for contributing to GateWorld's features!

(thanks Athenaktt)
    Last edited by David; 10 November 2005, 10:06 PM.

Just curious but what was with the black rist band that Sheppard wore in several episodes in season 1?

-Livy
    Last edited by GatetheWay; 10 November 2005, 10:17 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

I've heard that Stargate: Atlantis is the first sci-fi show you've done. What would you say is different about doing a science fiction program than other genres?

–CeeKay Sheppard, author, Stargate fan fiction writer
      Last edited by CeeKay Sheppard; 11 November 2005, 09:26 AM.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Not sure mine was S1 enough, so I posted this instead. If the other one was, I'd prefer that to be asked...

The last scene of the entire of season one was John Sheppard flying off on a suicide mission to destroy a Wraith hiveship - was that unnerving? By which I mean, did TPTB keep you sweating on whether they were having you back for season two or did you know that you'd be onboard for more adventures in Atlantis and thus more DVDs?

[original question]How are you dealing with the recognition of being on a hit show, like now having a whole set of DVDs of your work out, your face on merchandise to do with the show, etc? It must be strange after a fairly long stint of guest roles, 'one-show wonders' and pilots that never were, to have 40 episodes of SGA behind you, with more to come, and also to have such a rabid fanbase who are interested in your work...

[edit]How wude...a big thanks you to you guys, and to Joe for taking time out for this...
        Last edited by knocknashee; 14 November 2005, 06:00 AM.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

What do you think about the relationship between Sheppard and Weir in the first season?

-Dorka (from Switzerland)
          Last edited by Dorka; 11 November 2005, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I know from your many interviews that The Defiant One was your favourite Season 1 episode to shoot, and 38 Minutes your least favourite. If you had to choose your favourite Season 1 episode and least favourite Season 1 episode to watch, what would they be and why?

Linzi
            Last edited by Linzi; 11 November 2005, 12:51 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

*This is hard ne*

Which woman is more Sheppard's type: Teyla or Doctor Weir?

~Neko138
              (real name: Natasha)

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
              http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

What challenges (as an actor) would you like your character to deal with now that you have had two seasons to establish him?
                Thanks!

-Chloe
                ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

In the episode 38 minutes you wanted to say something to Elisabeth Weir but she said to tell her in person, what do you think you were going to really say if you were going to die? And if u wrote this episode what would u want Sheppard to say?

Vanessa the Undresser

Comment

Ok, season 1 related... what was John Sheppard deciding on when he flipped the coin in Rising?

Old one, just in case David gets short of questions
                    I've read some comments from your fellow actors that you are witty and funny.
                    How much of John Sheppard's personality is on the script and how much is your own?
                    Thanks

Trish from Buenos Aires.
                    Last edited by Naughtrish; 14 November 2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

So Joe, in Sanctuary everyone was in t-shirts or shirt sleeves and Shep was bundled up from head to toe. even when off wooing Chaya. Was that because you were cold or sick or just the wardrobe people messing with you?

Merlin7

Comment

How far in advance do you know what is going to happen, or do you learn how a story will turn out when you get the script? For example, in The Storm and The Eye were you told ahead of time how the events in the second part would unfold?

Thanks, you're the best.
                        Southern Red
                        Last edited by Southern Red; 14 November 2005, 04:38 AM.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

How do you rate your convention experiences? Were they enjoyable, intimidating? How many do you plan on doing in the next year?

-FP
                          Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 11 November 2005, 05:10 AM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Okay, I'll ask - is the hair your own thing, or the show stylist thing? Because you know, more than a few of us fans were sucked in on the first episode by 'that guy with the adorable hair'...

And side note - (if you see it) You're a fantastic actor and thanks for all the hard work!

IWantToBelieve
                            Last edited by IWantToBelieve; 11 November 2005, 02:51 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Colonel Sheppard has always been portrayed as someone who has faced some dark things in his military background. How do you prepare yourself this part of the role, if at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X