SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Season 10 General Discussion Thread

I know a lot of you are mad because I started the SG-1 Season 10 and SGA Season 3 Pro and Anti. So I decided to start a general discussion. So if you don't want to post in either the Pro or Anti thread, then you can post here.

And this isn't going to replace the Pro and Anti threads. You could say that this is a companion to those threads.

And I know this is the same thing I posted in the SGA Discussion thread.
    sigpic

Why do you have to start these threads? What is the point? We don't know ANYTHING about season 10 to even talk in the general discussion thread!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      Why do you have to start these threads? What is the point? We don't know ANYTHING about season 10 to even talk in the general discussion thread!
      Because I can, and it's my right as a member of the Forum. And I think your really need to cool it, first the caption thread with Madeleine_W and now these threads with me. Come on!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        Because I can, and it's my right as a member of the Forum. And I think your really need to cool it, first the caption thread with Madeleine_W and now these threads with me. Come on!!!
        And you don't think any other people wanted to start those threads when the season started? Instead, you start all four threads.

All we have to discuss is right now, "what if's" and "rumors". We have no facts on S10 at all. People are going to be hating S10 (and S3 of SGA) before shooting of each show has even started.

Comment

And you don't think any other people wanted to start those threads when the season started? Instead, you start all four threads.

All we have to discuss is right now, "what if's" and "rumors". We have no facts on S10 at all. People are going to be hating S10 (and S3 of SGA) before shooting of each show has even started.
          If people want to discuss "what if's" and "rumors" they have every right to do so here as long as they follow the Forum rules. I personally don't see any rules being broken by the establishment of these new threads. If some here don't like their existence, that is their right. There are many threads here at GW that I don't like, so I just don't post in them. It's that simple.

Why are you so upset by this? It's just a matter of respect for the different tastes and timelines of others. Yours and the threadstarter's opinions are different. So what? There are lots of other places to post.

Comment

There is no reason for any of these threads. These threads could have waited until March. This is mainly aimed at the "Anti" threads because there is currently no reason to be Anti-S10 when all of S9 hasn't even aired yet.

Personally, I think NowIWillDestroyAbydos is trying to grab glory for starting these threads. I mean, look at his signature! That pisses me off more than anything...

Comment

There is no reason for any of these threads. These threads could have waited until March. This is mainly aimed at the "Anti" threads because there is currently no reason to be Anti-S10 when all of S9 hasn't even aired yet.

Personally, I think NowIWillDestroyAbydos is trying to grab glory for starting these threads. I mean, look at his signature! That pisses me off more than anything...
              I understand that you don't see a reason for any these threads. But if others do, they can and will post in them. Please afford others the same freedom of opinion you claim for yourself.

However, if any of this is based on a personal dislike of someone, it would be best to take the problem out of the threads entirely. There are several people here whose ideas I don't care for, and probably several who don't care for mine , but I can and do respect their right to post, as long as they are following the rules.

Comment

My impression is that all 6 of these threads are for speculation. What we want to see, what we don't want to see, what we think we'll see. I don't see the harm in that; in fact, I think it's a good idea. If you don't want to see the negative stuff, don't look in the Anti threads – it's that simple.

And for the record, some people are anti-S10 because, for example, they feel that all the good ideas have been exhausted, or they don't like Mitchell, or they want Hammond or Janet or Jonas back. There are any number of reasons for someone to want the show to jut take a bow and get off the stage, so to speak.

So what if Aby started all the threads? Who cares? The point is to discuss the issues, not to post as many threads as possible. Personally, I'd rather join an existing discussion than try to get a new one started. Trying to grab glory? I don't know about anyone else here, but I never look at who started a given thread. The only reason such a big deal has been made about Aby starting all of these threads is because you raised a big stink about it. And as for his sig, it's just a way to advertise the discussions to anyone who might be interested who, like myself, for instance, doesn't frequent the SG-1 S9 and SGA S2 subforums.

Look, I respect your opinion that these threads are a bad idea. So I hope you'll respect mine when I say I think you're expressing your opinion in a destructive rather than constructive manner.

On an entirely different note, kudos to Aby for opening up discussions on all sides of each topic.

And finally, here's what I came here to say: I'm looking forward to seeing what TPTB do with S10. Cameron Mitchell is turning out to be a great character, and they could do almost anything with the Ori plotline. It should be interesting to see where they go with it.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

We have pro, we have anti and we have the no hold barred "general discussion". Its a beautiful thing. Dont like it dont post pretend you have an off button and just dont read the post at all, its your right.

I hope, hope, hope desperately that S10 is still STARGATE and not a bstrdized version of it made to be more like some other shows that Scifi thinks are successful. I hope beyond hope that they maintain a level of qualitey that will keep me watching an not utilizing MY offswitch. Right now the spoilers for the season finally of S10 do not look hopeful so I am not hopeful but we will see.

Also AT, CJ, MS better all be back full time on the show. This is MHO but I will likely not watch the show if this is not the case. RDA had a phase out period and he wanted to leave and was replaced by a similar (not the same) character with great potential. But if they dont bring the mains back then I guess some forum members will be happy because I wont be posting much anymore...though I will still watch atlantis unless TPTB scrw that up too.

But this is all "speculation", fun isnt it
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

Also AT, CJ, MS better all be back full time on the show. This is MHO but I will likely not watch the show if this is not the case. RDA had a phase out period and he wanted to leave and was replaced by a similar (not the same) character with great potential. But if they dont bring the mains back then I guess some forum members will be happy because I wont be posting much anymore...though I will still watch atlantis unless TPTB scrw that up too.

But this is all "speculation", fun isnt it
                    oh they will be back. I mean AT said about all those rumors that she will be in Atlantis if it means not cutting any SG-1 episodes.
                    And MS just came back from a break when Daniel was dead
                    and CJ, I just don't think he will leave

Comment

Don't mind if I ask you:
                      Would you have had any objections to starting this thread if you were the one who had started it?

Don't get mad!
                      Last edited by The Engineer; 11 November 2005, 04:01 AM.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

I'm glad season 10 will become true. After all season 9 ends with a cliffhanger (don't know it) and it have been baaaad the "TO BE CONTINUED" line for the end of SG-1.

Good that they bring back Vala, bad
                        Spoiler:
                        the child thing
                        Good that Carter will be in season 10, bad that her presence will be split between SG-1 and SGA.
                        Good that Ben Browder stays in season 10, hope his character will be more developed by the producers.

I hope for good for good stand-alones.
                        I hope to see in some degree the Ori Armada in action.

Maybe they bring back the Aschen (as faithfull dogs to the Ori - like said in other thread - this is the only way I see them returning).
                        Maybe some Fur(ling).

If this is the last may it be the best (no chiffhangers included), if not may it be better (cliffhangers are ok then).
                        (God, I hope for an eleven.)
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                          Don't mind if I ask you:
                          Would you have had any objections to starting this thread if you were the one who had started it?

Don't get mad!
                          I had actually did want to start the S10 general discussion thread somewhere inbetween late-Jan and March, when we started getting episode titles in.

We don't have enough information about S10 to even go into it.

Comment

I had actually did want to start the S10 general discussion thread somewhere inbetween late-Jan and March, when we started getting episode titles in.

We don't have enough information about S10 to even go into it.
                            I seem to remember that the moment new characters were announced for S9 several threads were started to speculate about their potential involvement, possible storylines for them and who should play them, long before scenes were ever written or filmed. I don't see how these new early threads about S10 are any different.

You sound disgruntled that you did not get to start these new threads yourself. AFAIC, this appears to be the root of your complaints about them. I am asking you now to please show some respect for others and just agree to disagree and let those who wish to speculate about S10 do so in peace.

Back to topic: I would like to see some good stand-alone eps in S10 as well. The seasonal story arc of S9 is just not working for me as well as I had hoped it would. And I can't say I'm hoping for a S11 just yet , as S9 so far has almost done me in as far as holding my interest. But I still like the show and hope they can pull off few more surprises. Maybe having a new writer on staff will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                              You sound disgruntled that you did not get to start these new threads yourself. AFAIC, this appears to be the root of your complaints about them. I am asking you now to please show some respect for others and just agree to disagree and let those who wish to speculate about S10 do so in peace.
                              Not at all, I may have wanted to start such a thread, but I am most displease with these threads have start so early.

Comment

Working...
                              X