This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are ancients immortal or Not?

Meaning do ancients live millions of years, or do they just live normal lives. There are so many conflicting information, at one point they show aging ancients, but in the first episode they showed an ancient that live for millions of years. So are anicents immortal or not

No, their not immortal. Granted they do have amazing medical technology that can sustain them for ALOT of years, they can't live forever. IMO that is.
    302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
      but in the first episode they showed an ancient that live for millions of years. So are anicents immortal or not
      That was different. She was frozen under miles of ice and possessed healing abilities.

Comment

On which plain of existence do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
          Meaning do ancients live millions of years, or do they just live normal lives. There are so many conflicting information, at one point they show aging ancients, but in the first episode they showed an ancient that live for millions of years. So are anicents immortal or not
          from what I can tell, if they are ascended (exisiting as energy) they are immortal. But if they are normal they will die (unless they ascend, or are frozen)

Comment

Anceints are quit obviously mortal as we;ve seen one dies (SG-1 S6 "Frozen") Their life span so far is unknown but presumbly similar to humans, a coupel of hundred years absolute max. IMHO.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

when fully ascended I always thought that the ancients were immortal.
              preascended I can understand if they are mortal.
              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
              Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                when fully ascended I always thought that the ancients were immortal.
                preascended I can understand if they are mortal.
                i agre with you... after they ascend they are immortal if the dont die b4 they ascend... i am now confusing myself... i should stop while im ahead...
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I don't think they are "immortal" either pre or post ascension.

Pre-ascension they are clearly mortal. They suffer illness and plague and are food for thought for the Wraith.

Post-ascension they are no longer mortal - as in they don't exist in a mortal form anymore, rather they are pure energy, so technically they aren't immortal there either.

Post-ascension mortality becomes irrelevant.

Comment

I think with this whole Merlin/Myrdin deal we'll have to find out.
                    Spoiler Below Highlight to Read
                    Supposedly he's an Ancient from Atlantis who helped King Arthur and also had connections with another world. SG-1 goes to Merlin's lab on a planet called Camelot on an episode cunningly titled Camelot, hopefully we'll learn more about Merlin's timeline and see how long ancients live.

Comment

I believe whether physical or Ascended, Ancients are Immortal. When on the physical plane, they have all this fancy technology that can help them live forever, but just like anything else, there is a CHANCE they will die. If they are Ascended, there is almost no chance they will die, so obviously when Ascended they are more likely to be truly Immortal like Gods.

Comment

Working...
                      X