S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
    I always thought it meant that once you accept something for what it really is, you’ve attained your goal, which is knowledge and enlightenment.
    This is both entirely possible and logical.

EDIT: Callista's answer is great too.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Though at least it was in Vala's room, not in the office, and I don't think Sam was on duty. I think she was in civvies. I don't know, I try to block that episode from my mind.

What was the ep where I think it was Daniel & Cam having some beers in Daniel's office?
    In Daniel's office?! Really?! They better have been in civilian clothing (not supposed to drink in uniform), even though that doesn't really detract from the fact that they're drinking in a top secret military base.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I always thought it meant that once you accept something for what it really is, you’ve attained your goal, which is knowledge and enlightenment.
      I thought it meant that once you accept something as definite, you lose the ability to see different aspects of that thing. As in: if you immediately know the candlelight is fire (as opposed to warmth, and life, and danger, and waves, and particles, and something you may not have the ability to understand yet) then the meal was cooked long ago (as in: all other doors have been closed to you).

In other words: Don't judge a book by it's cover. Have an open mind. Don't jump to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
        This is both entirely possible and logical.

EDIT: Callista's answer is great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
          I thought it meant that once you accept something as definite, you lose the ability to see different aspects of that thing. As in: if you immediately know the candlelight is fire (as opposed to warmth, and life, and danger, and waves, and particles, and something you may not have the ability to understand yet) then the meal was cooked long ago (as in: all other doors have been closed to you).

In other words: Don't judge a book by it's cover. Have an open mind. Don't jump to conclusions.
          That's really clever!
          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Comment

Yes, Grasshopper. Too bad that also means she's going to have to wait for her dinner.

Comment

Yes, Grasshopper. Too bad that also means she's going to have to wait for her dinner.
                At least it won't be cold.

Comment

My Mama always said: "Cold is as cold does."

Comment

What was it Jack said? "There's a candle in my house but no one's home" or something like that?

Comment

Though at least it was in Vala's room, not in the office, and I don't think Sam was on duty. I think she was in civvies. I don't know, I try to block that episode from my mind.

What was the ep where I think it was Daniel & Cam having some beers in Daniel's office?
                      I don't know if she was on duty, but she was wearing her blue BDU's. Regardless, the Sam I know would not have been drinking on base where she could be called for an emergency at any time. Alcohol, another element RCC thought made "Stargate Command" more fun.

Mike

Comment

I have awesome seeing into the future powers, I already know my meal will be late.

Comment

What was it Jack said? "There's a candle in my house but no one's home" or something like that?
                          Also something about a big, long wick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                            Also something about a big, long wick.
                            That sounds like a Jack comment.

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                              And I standby the fact that I like Cameron as a character and didn't mind his Golden Retriver puppyishness. But I wanted him to be added to the team under Sam's leadership, not as the leader himself. There were so many ways to write around AT's pregnancy and bring her back as a leader. Say she was at some sort of leadership training or something, ya know? If they wanted to focus on BB as a lead, do it from his perspective at joining SG-1 and perhaps learning from these more offworld-experienced people. They could have kept alot of his storylines while having him learn from Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c.
                              That's the crux of my issue with Mitchell as he was introduced. Having him be the most inexperienced and yet the leader just put in the character in an untenable position.

I think that was Ethon, Daniel was in uniform and Cam was in civvies.

That's how I interpreted the line as well, especially since a prominent theme in the episode was SG-1 opening up their minds to the possibility of a power that they can't see on Kheb, ie Oma.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                That's the crux of my issue with Mitchell as he was introduced. Having him be the most inexperienced and yet the leader just put in the character in an untenable position.
                                Exactly. I wanted/expected to like him.

That's how I interpreted the line as well, especially since a prominent theme in the episode was SG-1 opening up their minds to the possibility of a power that they can't see on Kheb, ie Oma.
                                Still prefer Kosh.

Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X