S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S10: Critique & Contemplation

<Mod Insert- Due to the update of this thread all opinions are welcome in this thread now not "just" those disillusioned by Season 10. Thank You >

I think Season 10 of SG-1 is a horrible idea, to express why I feel there is no hope for the show to go on.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 14 January 2009, 03:16 AM. Reason: adding Mod note due to thread update 1/2009
    sigpic

Remember, Aby, don't feed the trolls.

If the rumors I've heard have any basis in reality, I will be very, very sad about S10.

Comment

and i'm gonna move this and the pro thread into the s9 folder for the time being until darren makes a s10 folder

the only reason i'm doing this is to limit the spoilers in the general area

and please, if someone posts an off topic post, don't quote it. just report it and move on. Please don't give the mods extra stuff to edit as well as delete

thank you
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Remember, Aby, don't feed the trolls.

If the rumors I've heard have any basis in reality, I will be very, very sad about S10.

There's a quote from where's my location is:

" Good is always getting better and bad is always getting worse."

I'm hoping, I'm wrong.

Comment

I am tentatively here.

While it's way too early to get a good read on what s10 will be like, I must say I have reservations thanks to the rumors that Sam may be spending lots of time on Atlantis, Vala is returning as a (full?) cast member, and the likelyhood that s10 will continue the story arc of the
          Spoiler:
          spawn of Vala!!

Guess we'll have to wait and see how all the spoilers and rumors play out...

Comment

My opinion is that folks should be very, very careful about being too anti-Season 10 at this early stage. A full 10 episodes of Season Nine are completely unaired, there is no confirmed casting (beyond Ben, perhaps), and no confirmed writers/producers beyond Rob C. and Brad W. It'd be a little like complaining about Season Two after watching "Children of the Gods" through "Thor's Hammer."

It's fun to speculate based on rumors, but rumors are rumors, and they're also rumors rumory rumor rumors. Or so it's rumored.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              My opinion is that folks should be very, very careful about being too anti-Season 10 at this early stage. A full 10 episodes of Season Nine are completely unaired, there is no confirmed casting (beyond Ben, perhaps), and no confirmed writers/producers beyond Rob C. and Brad W. It'd be a little like complaining about Season Two after watching "Children of the Gods" through "Thor's Hammer."

It's fun to speculate based on rumors, but rumors are rumors, and they're also rumors rumory rumor rumors. Or so it's rumored.
              I woud give you a green rep, but my pop-up blocker is acting all funny...

Comment

I think that might be an entirely too reasonable stance from most poeple.

But can we use speculative statements based on unspecified information rumored to have been sugested by unnamed sources who may or may not be able to verifiy that such insinuations have a potential of being somewhat related to truth?

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  I am tentatively here.

While it's way too early to get a good read on what s10 will be like, I must say I have reservations thanks to the rumors that Sam may be spending lots of time on Atlantis, Vala is returning as a (full?) cast member, and the likelyhood that s10 will continue the story arc of the
                  Spoiler:
                  spawn of Vala!!

Guess we'll have to wait and see how all the spoilers and rumors play out...
                  I agree.

I also dont think its too early to start worrying (not to contradict "the man"). We have seen 10 eps this season not just one or two. Although second halfs tend to pick up... but TPTB let the spoilers out and what the spoilers say are not all happiness.

Besides if your negative early and turn out to be right, then the blow is not so bad when you recieve it. And if your negative early and your proven wrong later then you are pleasently suprised..... The Power of Negative Thinking... (Theres a book, really there is ).
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

My opinion is that folks should be very, very careful about being too anti-Season 10 at this early stage.
                    So what, we should be "careful" about being too anti, but the pro folks can gush and gloat all they want about those same rumors??

Nice double standard, there.

I'm kinda beyond caring what S10 is going to be like at this point and probably won't be posting in this thread anymore. As far as I'm concerned, it's going to be utter crap, and I feel pretty confident about that regardless of rumors and/or facts.

Comment

Not a good thing the cast fluidity, crossovers aren't a good idea!
                      It's damaging both SG1 and SGA.
                      Not a good thing the child of
                      Spoiler:
                      Vala
                      . Especially in a sci fi show when only the sky is the limit. I have problems integrating such a story when you come to think that the child story wasn'y even in the intented story development. That would be a show killer. (a jump the shark) unless.... but I highly doubt.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

You are right Darren maybe it´s too early to have a anti-season 10 thread but I´m a bit surprised about that you say that there existing almost no informations about it. Have not the producers themself said that
                        Spoiler:

season 8 would heavy featuring Vala and that much of the storyline will based about her offspring.
                        ??? If that are false rumours than I would happily give season 10 another chance but so how it looks now (and considering that I found the whole ori story-arc deadly boring) I will have no reason to be happy about season 10!

Comment

Well, I'm not completely anti at this point, but I'm not feeling the joy either.

Yes, we've only seen 10 episodes of S9. Yes, the second half of the season might just blow me completely away, but based on the spoilers I've heard and the general attitude of RCC, the show runner, I'm not real confident that it's going to get better. And I'm really not confident about S10 at all.

It makes me sad to say that, but it just happens to be the way I feel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kirara
                            You are right Darren maybe it´s too early to have a anti-season 10 thread but I´m a bit surprised about that you say that there existing almost no informations about it. Have not the producers themself said that
                            Spoiler:

season 8 would heavy featuring Vala and that much of the storyline will based about her offspring.
                            ??? If that are false rumours than I would happily give season 10 another chance but so how it looks now (and considering that I found the whole ori story-arc deadly boring) I will have no reason to be happy about season 10!

After reading this spoiler and reading more about it, i wish this was the last season. Dont end this series like this.

OK Spoilers since i have no idea how to do code.

This whole thing with Vala and her child, oh come on writers, is this the best u can come up with? What about the Aschen, Dannys grandpap with those giants, an so many other ideas from past seasons. Why and dam it why must they ruin our last season with this crap?
                            I dont like Vala, i dont like the baby idea, i want SG-1 team back and do what they do best go on missions but have an overall arch.

Vala was fine for a few eps, but she really didnt bring anything to the show or team.
                            IF the writers go this direction and im affraid they will, then rename the show, cause i still feel season 8 was the last sg-1 season.
                            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

All I have to say is that I hope the show focuses a bit more on SG-1, I miss the team interaction. I hope that they can build Mitchell into the team as well as they were able to build Jonas Quinn into it.

I miss Jonas! I want to see more him... however that won't happen any time soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X