Clear All

The Fantastic Three (208)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "The Fantastic Three"

"The Fantastic Three"
    Ep: 2.08
    Release Date: November 10th 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

As Chase, Arina, and Dr. Jay Felger are kidnapped by a group of Ventorians who are after something Arina has in her possession, an adventure begins that leads this trio of heroes to a strange planet and some surprising discoveries.
    Outstanding
    66.67%
    Good
    0.00%
    Fair
    16.67%
    Poor
    16.67%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I'm afraid I have to apologize, since this episode is coming a bit late. It seems there's been a delay, and right now I'm actually waiting for our webmaster to show up.

All I can do is ask you to have some patience, until things are sorted out here.

Comment

The episode is now available on the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Enjoy. And let's see if we could get some discussions going here this time. Share your opinion on the episode in this thread.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 10 November 2005, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Well I have to say that I was really worried about this script. Only a few people know how deep my hatred for Felger is but Alex did a great job at making him acceptable in this episode for me. More importnantly that Felger, I loved the Chase/Arina ship thing going on, if they aren't a couple then I don't know what is. Awesome job SGH crew!

Comment

Well, gang, all technical delays have been resolved, and the episode is now available on the homepage, so I'll be taking down the temporary link. There's a nice picture of Felger, by the way.

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
          Well I have to say that I was really worried about this script. Only a few people know how deep my hatred for Felger is but Alex did a great job at making him acceptable in this episode for me. More importnantly that Felger, I loved the Chase/Arina ship thing going on, if they aren't a couple then I don't know what is. Awesome job SGH crew!
          Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, you have to wonder what's going on between Chase and Arina. I hope to encourage some speculations and discussions. And just look at what the baby's name turned out to be.

Comment

Why didnt the team kill Dureg?????

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
              Why didnt the team kill Dureg?????
              The reason was really that it wouldn't have made any difference. If Dureg hadn't returned to the Enoly, they would have just sent out another Mediator to check what happened. So, in the end, it wouldn't have made any difference with regard to the big picture, and it wouldn't have weakened the Enoly in any way.

So, since he was unarmed and no immediate threat, and since they are - as Felger pointed out - the good guys, they really just focused on getting the heck out of there.

Comment

But still, it doesnt make sense realistically.

Dureg still knew what happened that day. He got experience. He knew how the humans attacked and the method of surprise they used. Therefore, if he was allowed to return, the Enoly would know that they were capable of this and therefore equip all alphas with "shields" or something. Along that line, Dureg knows something. They should have just killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                  But still, it doesnt make sense realistically.

Dureg still knew what happened that day. He got experience. He knew how the humans attacked and the method of surprise they used. Therefore, if he was allowed to return, the Enoly would know that they were capable of this and therefore equip all alphas with "shields" or something. Along that line, Dureg knows something. They should have just killed him.
                  Yeah, I guess that's something to debate about. It would be interesting to see some more oppinions on this.

What's important to keep in mind is that the Enoly have encountered the humans in battle before, back in Season One, so Dureg didn't really learn anything new about them from that point of view. Especially since they also used the method of a surprise attack in "Counterpoint". So, sure, they could have killed him. But he was unarmed and no threat at the time. Generally it's just the Alphas who will be armed most of the time, and after they were taken out there wasn't much he could have done.

Comment

Great episode to show the lighter side of things for the Horizon team.

As for Dureg, I don't agree w/ them killing him off. But it would have made more sense to capture him and bring him back to Horizon instead of leaving him there. Same goes w/ Arkalis, he should have been brought back to face his crimes.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

IIt seemed to me that Dureg was just kinda forgotten, but not that I really care much because it was such a funny episode. It's been a good week for humerous SG shows with Atlantis airing Duet this week in the UK.

I loved that moment when Chase said he'd quit Horizon and him and Dureg had the talking about the past going. I LOLed more than a few times during this episode. Although, some of Duregs stuff did seem out of character just to fit the humour of the episode. I did like his comment about opposing humaniod marriages though, that made me laugh.

Shame we didn't see Felger do more though, I thought it would have been a more prominent character, but he seemed more like a backing up character since he didn't do all that much. Saying that though, I thought the Chase/Arina thing that was started'll be fun.

I loved the character interaction throughout, it was a pretty funny and The Ties That Bind style episode and I down right loved it. Way - to - go.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Also I loved those brothers, lol that dumb one had me laughing. Reminded my of Jayne in Arial when he just said the dialogue they had prepared and he sounded like a tit.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by SirGrimlock
                          Great episode to show the lighter side of things for the Horizon team.

As for Dureg, I don't agree w/ them killing him off. But it would have made more sense to capture him and bring him back to Horizon instead of leaving him there. Same goes w/ Arkalis, he should have been brought back to face his crimes.

Just my 2 cents.
                          I'm glad you enjoyed the episode.

With regard to them taking along Dureg as well as Arkalis, that would have made things difficult. It's important to remember that the primary objective was to get the needed proof back to the Ventorian government. So by remaining on the planet any longer, and taking along all of the bad guys, they would have risked something going wrong. This is something where one can argue about whether or not they should have done that, but that was the reasoning behind it. They took the ship right to the Stargate, from where the team dialled Horizon. Unfortunately the scene where they get back to the station (just as Tom is proud to have found an ideal Spacegate address) was cut before it was written into the script, since the episode was (once again) getting too long.

I think Arkalis will be getting his punishment, in addition to the punishment he's already received by his now ex-wife. If the Ventorian government doesn't come for him, he'll definitely have to watch out for the Enoly tracking him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            Shame we didn't see Felger do more though, I thought it would have been a more prominent character, but he seemed more like a backing up character since he didn't do all that much.
                            Yeah, the episode really focues on the whole team, which we call "the fantastic three" of course. The idea of combining a Felger episode with the sequel to "Other Cultures..." was just something I think we all loved. The moment in teaser where something goes horribly wrong is obviously a nod to the teaser of "Avenger 2.0". Felger actually almost says the exact same line in both episodes. But other than that, we wanted to do something very different, which I think was the only viable way of bringing Felger back.

I also have to say that A LOT was cut from the original outline of this episode. Originally the episode was going to end with an old fashioned Felger dream sequence, and it was descibed very detailed in the outline actually. Maybe we should release this outline as a special feature one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              Also I loved those brothers, lol that dumb one had me laughing. Reminded my of Jayne in Arial when he just said the dialogue they had prepared and he sounded like a tit.
                              And I thought they were named appropriately.

Comment

Working...
                              X