No announcement yet.

The Fantastic Three (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, they come back later do they. Awesome.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

'Twill be a while, but it seems as though they shall.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

On reflection, this is a better episode than I thought it was at first. Parts of it, I still don't like, but a lot of the humor was spot-on.

Comment

I thought it was a very funny episode for the most part, although the Stupid Guard did start to annoy me after a while. Most of it was spot-on though, and I'm one of the apparent minority that kinda likes Felger, so it was neat seeing him. It was a neat twist bringing the Enoly into it.

Interesting insight into Enoly culture, too...

Why is the poll ended?

Comment

Hmmm, you're right... That's strange. Hopefully that will be fixed in the near future.

Glad you enjoyed the episode. I never really had a positive or negative opinion on Felger. He was funny at times, and we enjoyed having him on Horizon.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I was a bit concerned that this one was going to be a 'comedy' episode when i first read that because whenever a fairly serious series does that it's very hit or miss.

The not-entirly welcome return of Felgar early on only added to the worry, because I'm really really not a fan of his at all.

But after reading it all I think it is more hit than miss. A lot of the more humourous touches worked very well, giving us a far more lighter adventure. The baby scene in Callen's office scene worked really well.

Arina being back was a nice little addition. I don't blame Callen for not being keen on her plan.

The return of the Enoly was interesting too. We now see another aspect to their technology, being able to transport people through Stargate's. Also the establshment that the Enoly ARE in charge of the Ascendant empire now was a nice point (I don't think it was directly stated before, but I could be wrong, it had been a while since I've been reading Horizon)

The Chase/Arina relationship is an interesting one, it was implied at the end that we've got SGH's first romance on the go now (other than David being married of course, but then we haven't seen his wife, yet...)

Dureg felt a bit off, he went from a strong bad guy to appearing to be, well a bit soppy really. Hopefully if he's ever back again that he will be very much back to his usual evil ways.

The ending was a bit weak, but it's hard to do a big conclusion to a comedy episode, and in general the story was pretty good with all the twists and turns and the lok at CHase/Arina.
              I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Although the poll is closed, my vote is 'Good'. Kind of a weird-comedy ep., with some hilarious moments. All the story matchs the mood of the 'previous' two Felger eps. in SG1 and I coincide with cheese about the 'baby scene' in Callen's office: it works pretty well indeed.

I thought that all the first Chase/Arina scene was a kind of weird side effect of the experiment with the reactor, at first... LOL

Was too weird seeing Dureg playing along the comedy, really, but that's all in the game with this kind of episodes...

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot one little thing... The Saragossa system?? That's the catalan and german spelling (english too?) for the spanish city Zaragoza!! I was very surprised to see that name there
                Last edited by Senku; 02 September 2007, 09:53 AM.
                sigpic
                ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                - That's a lie!!!
                - Indeed it is...

Comment

This won't be my average post because I have had a busy day and want to go to sleep. An average episode that deals with some development with Chase. We got to revist an old culture and see Dureg. He is my favorite Horizon villians. Chase Jr. . The thugs got annoying but besides a good episode
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                  X