• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splinter (507)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON FIVE
    SPLINTER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 507

Clark is plagued with paranoid delusions when he is exposed to silver kryptonite, and is convinced that everyone he cares about is turning against him. A new ally reveals himself.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 02:42 PM.

It was a great episode. I think it was the greatest episode of the whole season. I personally like Brainiac. Boy, I can't wait to see the rest of the season. I think it's going to get even better.
    sigpic

Comment

i didn't know Brainiac was a kryptiaon(SP?) or was that just something he was saying and what did he do with that silver Kypton it looked like he absobed it into him
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
        I didn't know Brainiac was a Kryptonian or was that just something he was saying? What did he do with that silver Kryptonite, it looked like he absobed it into him?
        Brainiac is Kryptonian and there is a very good reason why he's not effected by Kryptonite.

From what I uderstand of the comic, he was the reason why no one believed Superman's father...

Spoiler:
        Brainiac is a super computer programed to learn all that is learn-able. When Krypton was dying, Brainiac found away to complete his programing by making sure that no new knowledge comes from Krypton. So instead of helping to save the people, he doom them and left Krypton.

Then he went from planet to planet, gaining all knowledge he can from a planet, and then he destroys the planet. He took human form, but was always a computer. Before going after Earth, he tries to recruit Surperman. However, Surperman destroys Brainiac's ship and then Brainiac is stuck on Earth. Every couple of years, he and Surperman trade punches.

In fact, Brainiac built Doomsday (who killed Surperman).

I hope this Brainiac lives up to his comic counter-part.

This was also a great episode. Maybe I have low stander when when it comes to shows, but when I'm entertain, I'm happy.

Comment

great episode! Clark almost killed Lana! That was scary. Well next week seems even more exciting

hey here is a question. I have never read the comics. Why is Clark affected by Kryptonite? I mean it's from his planet, and in the movie the kryptonians weren't weakened by it. Is it because it's on a planet with yellow sun??

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            Hey here is a question. I have never read the comics. Why is Clark affected by Kryptonite? I mean it's from his planet, and in the movie the Kryptonians weren't weakened by it. Is it because it's on a planet with yellow sun??
            You have got to be kidding me?

The idea is that Kryptonite is radioactive, to Kryptonian physiology only. Different types of Kryptonite will effect Surperman differently, but they will all kill him.

The reason why Kryptonians were not effective in the movie, is because not all rock/crystal/metal from Krypton is Kryptonite. Just like not all rock/crystal/metal is radioactive on Earth.

Comment

yea I;m kidding you

everyone is so nice on this forum

Comment

[QUOTE=Erised]Clark almost killed Lana!/[QUOTE]
                She probably will die by the end of the season, since rumor has it that this is the last season of Smallville.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  Originally posted by Erised
                  Clark almost killed Lana!
                  She probably will die by the end of the season, since rumor has it that this is the last season of Smallville.
                  I dunno about Lana snuffing it if this is the last season of Smallville as in one of the Superman movies Clark or Clark as Superman visits Lana in Smallville.

Now if they try and follow some of the paths and characters still around then Lana will be alive by the end of the last ever season.

That's just my thoughts on this - and on this subject of deaths check out
                  http://www.kryptonsite.com/deadpool.htm regarding the 100th Episode News regarding deaths.

Comment

I don't like how Chloe said ''I would die before I betray you''. I mean, sure it's a nice thing to say and everything, I'm just worried about it happening. Cos we know someone is gonna die soon.

Comment

Saw this last night, and quite enjoyed it.

As for killing Lana, well, if they keep things in line with comic book continuity, she can't die, because
                      Spoiler:
                      in the current comic continuity, she is married to Pete!

Now, depending on whether or not they follow continuity at all, or *which* continuity they follow (pre-Crisis, movie, current comic continuity, etc) you really only have two choices as to who can die.

If they follow the continuity of the movies, and not of the current comics, then Jonathan can die (Pa Kent is dead in the movies, but he's alive in current continuity in the comics).

Chloe is totally expendable, since she was created for Smallville only. I hope they don't kill her off though, at least not until the very last, or next-to-last episode.

Everyone else is alive in current comic book continuity.

Of course, there's always the question as to whether Jor-El was telling Clark the truth. Maybe no one close to him is going to die, and Jor-El is just playing with Clark, trying to influence him.

Anyhow, back to the episode:

Interesting that Clark now knows about Brainiac's origins.

I wonder if Lex is going to be even more suspicious of Clark now, or if he thinks the silver meteor rock gave Clark powers, in addition to making him paranoid.

Who sent the meteor rock to Lana in the first place? Lex? Brainiac?

All in all, a very interesting, entertaining episode!
                      Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

This aep just aired over here and I must say this is the best yet. I loved Braniac in this ep and I think James Masters plays him fantastically. And by the looks of things, things are only goign to get better.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                        X