• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned (206)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    ABANDONED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206

Shannon continues to see visions of Walt and strikes out on her own to find him. Charlie grows jealous of Locke's interest in Claire, while the tail section survivors continue their dangerous march through the jungle.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:55 PM.

Dunno about anyone else, but that ep was kind of a disappointment. We don't really learn anything important, the character who dies even TELLS us she's useless, and while I've heard that some people were shocked about who did the killing, I saw it coming a mile away. Or a good fifty feet, anyway.

The only thing of any significance happens right at the end.

Ya know, I'm all for a slower-paced series and all, but the slowness of this season is starting to frustrate me. I want things to happen, dammit!

Comment

It was an okay episode. It was the 2nd (I think) episode I've watched straight through. Eventhough I've only watch a few episodes, I find the show very interesting.
      sigpic

Comment

It was nice to see Boone, or shall i say his hair? But, oh well, poor Shannon, although i never really warmed up to her, i wonder if the show is going to change much, but as she said, shes useless, so i dont know...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

honestly, this was just an okay episode like everyone else said, but it has been the BEST episode of season 2 so far. there was nothing bad about it, but it just didn't have anything special that made the first season so interesting. here's hoping, though, that the folks at lost are getting back on track and that the rest of the season will be spectacular.

on a side note, one thing did piss me off - i'm writing a spec script for lost in a tv writing class, and let's just say there goes my sawyer/shannon C story.

Comment

I need to know what the whispers were saying. Then maybe the story will have more to progress the storyline...
            Spoiler:
            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I thought the episode was only okay as well. It was pretty slow and I've never been that interested in Shannon so I found it a little boring. I was spoiled for the end,
              Spoiler:
              not who the killer was though. But as soon as Ana Lucia pulled out the gun it was pretty easy to figure out what was going to happen.

I'm really looking forward to next week. I'm eager to learn more about the tail passengers and the Others.

Comment

Ah, goodbye Shannon! Can't say that I'll miss you...but Sayid will. And if it matters to him, it matters to me.

I agree that this season is much slower-paced than the first. It has an almost "24" feel about it, as if we are watching real-time events. Which works fine for "24." For "Lost," not so much.

Sparky

Comment

Sort of a "yawner" episode, and I had the death thing figured out half way through (Shannon and Sayid run into the other group and someone is mistakenly shot). I never liked Shannon so. . .no big loss.

This will probably change Sayid quite a bit, but I hope not too much, as he is already one of my favs.

It was spooky how the one girl in the group suddenly vanished, and next week's episode looks very good!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Considering that I and my friends hate Ana-Lucia very much, we're looking forward to the possibility of Sayid raising some serious hell on her next week...

I'm resentful of the character-building they gave Shannon. I HATED Shannon. I've known people like her in real life. And now we're given back story as to WHY she ended up like that, and I'm not allowed to hate her any more. Bleagh.
                    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                    What have these years left to me?
                    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Are we certain Shannon is dead? I know there were spoilers on the net and such but here's some of my thoughts:

1. The previews hinted at someone dying, but the previews always lie and mislead us.

2. If you do believe the trailers, they stated someone on the island would be "LOST" forever, not dead. Cindy (the attendant) got 'lost' from the group in the woods, and would make a good 'red shirt', especially since our focus was on Shannon.

3. Shannon's death was in spoilers on the net, how many legitimate spoilers have there been? Anyone remember "zombie walt"?

4. They're keeping us in suspense for another week since next week will deal with the other group, meaning if she was alive, 2 weeks from now it might be a suprise, if we all believe she's dead.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Oh, I have no doubt that Shannon is really dead. She was kind of useless as a character and became even MORE useless after Boone died. She was a dogsitter and a ****-buddy for Sayid, but that's about it. Not sorry to see her go.

Comment

Did anyone else see Jack when Shannon and her step-mom were at the hospital?
                          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                            Did anyone else see Jack when Shannon and her step-mom were at the hospital?
                            Vaguely, and now that you mention it, did we see Shanon's step-mom and Shanon at the hospital in one of Jack's flashbacks (though I didn't know it at the time)? I like how all of the characters cross paths or have brief spots in eachothers flashbacks. For example, I vaguely recall Hurley appearing on the TV as the lotto winner in one of Sun's flashbacks (or was it her husbands)? I beleive there were others, though I can't remember them all.

EDIT: I'm not counting flashbacks to them waiting at teh airport since that's fairly obvious.

Comment

Has anyone caught what Walt was saying this time, If its like last time its backwards but no one has posted the sound yet i would have tried doing it myself but my DVR was full b4 LOST GRRRR i am upset now

Comment

Working...
                              X