This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think they should have put Teryl Rothery in SGA

I always thought it was a mistake for joe not to put teryl into stargate atlantis. It would have given the show more continuity, and eventually when stargate sg1 is put towards movies, it would allow for storylines to carry onto stargate atlantis. Hopefully joe will have a change of heart, and somehow revive teryl character, hint alternate reality, timeshift type thing, and give teryl a chance on sga. She deserves it, she has been on stagate sg1 for years, and should have been given a chance. Look at deepspace 9, imagine if they never put in worf or obrien.

I'm afraid I don't see any way she could be on SGA. Her character was a regular on SG-1 who was killed off. If I remember correctly it was her chose to leave the show.

As we have been told SG-1 and SGA are two separate shows. I can't understand the need to pull them together. We get two great shows instead of just one. I love the separate possibles having two different shows brings. I'd like to see them survive on their own as much as possible.

(As to Deep Space Nine, the characters were still alive in the ST universe.)
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
      I'm afraid I don't see any way she could be on SGA. Her character was a regular on SG-1 who was killed off. If I remember correctly it was her chose to leave the show.

As we have been told SG-1 and SGA are two separate shows. I can't understand the need to pull them together. We get two great shows instead of just one. I love the separate possibles having two different shows brings. I'd like to see them survive on their own as much as possible.

(As to Deep Space Nine, the characters were still alive in the ST universe.)
      Well Season 7 was all build up to Atlantis so they knew the spin-off was coming

TPTB could have brought Dr. Fraiser over to Atlantis but instead they choose to give her a big dramatic death

To be blunt she is dead and not coming back. So I don't think she'll appear in Atlantis. Plus if there was Fraiser what would we do with Beckett?

As for characters going into a spin-off, well McKay and Weir are both SG-1 veterans
      sigpic

Comment

But then we wouldn't have Dr. Beckett and he's cool!!!
        Atlantis wouldn't be Atlantis without Beckett!!!
        Eccs

Comment

I don't think having Dr. Frasier on Atlantis is a realistic expectation. Even if she weren't dead, she has ties that would make her taking off to a new galaxy with little chance of return unlikely. She has/had a daughter and she's a doctor who's shown little desire to go through the gate for curiosity's sake or a need to save the world.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

She did go through the gate a couple of times, but most of the time she never really seemed to be interested in going off world.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

Nope.

Comment

not very often you see a one word response on a post. LOL!
                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                Pay it forward

Comment

I'm with most of the other-> no Fraiser on Atlantis. I don't think she'd have fit very good into the team. She's a part of SG1 and should stay it in our hearts

Ans yes, I love Beckett/Paul... no way I want to miss him

Comment

No, I don't think so. She died in season 7, so other than alternate realities etc, she could never come back. I like Beckett better in Atlantis anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like Fraiser a lot. But I like Beckett alot too. They should have kept Fraiser on SG-1 were she belonged.....(why does this sound so familiar )
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by eccscape
                        Exactly, I totally agree with you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eccscape
                          Eccs
                          Im also with you on this one, Dr. F should of stayed on SG1 (without dieing) and Beckett on SGA just imo though

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I suppose they could have done it, but I think they wanted to give Atlantis a uniques group of characters to start.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              I like Fraiser a lot. But I like Beckett alot too. They should have kept Fraiser on SG-1 were she belonged.....(why does this sound so familiar )
                              I agree. I wish they hadn't killed Dr. Fraiser, but what's done is done. I would have liked to see her stay on SG-1, but I guess TPTB had other ideas (which I understand have played out in season 9 of SG-1.)
                              Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Working...
                              X