No announcement yet.

Revelations (522)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt sorry for the Asgard. Such a great race, and they couldn't even find a way to reproduce natually. They had a thousand years but just couldn't figure it out.

Good episode, very good season ending ...

Comment

When Freyr announced that Thor was dead I think it might've upset me more than Daniel's death. I was relieved when that turned out not to be the case. Poor Thor first he's trapped on a ship infested with replicators and now this.

Originally posted by desert fox View Post
      I like the way Anubis introduced. A black hooded evil figure , like Emperor Palpatine.
      I liked his entrance as well, he definitely had Darth Sidious vibes. Also when he took out his mind probe to use on Thor it reminded me of when Vader used one on Leia in A New Hope.
      Originally posted by Descended
      That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

I agree. Thor didn't deserve to be put through all that. I'm so glad he lived.
        "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
        "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Heimdall - they're getting better and better at producing CG asgard. However, the walk cycle still looks a bit iffy to me.

Carter calls out to Freyr when they meet him in the gate room and my first thought is "How the frell do you keep em apart?"... I was channelling my inner O'Neill there for a moment.

They talk about Asgard birds and bees. Which they obviously don't like to discuss with other races.

First look of Anubis, who plays around with super advanced technology but nevertheless is still intimidated by the Asgard.

Poor Thor though...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Final View Post
            I liked his entrance as well, he definitely had Darth Sidious vibes. Also when he took out his mind probe to use on Thor it reminded me of when Vader used one on Leia in A New Hope.
            First time i saw it, i was honestly expecting to hear the vader theme in the backround.

Comment

There are a couple of times in this when star wars music could have been played. Look at us in our cool black outfits looking all empire lie. Good episode, liked the new asgard guy and sith lord. Only thing I didn't like was letting the guy go while his shields were down.

Comment

Good last episode - makes you waiting for more to come.
                Strange people, the Asgard - so different but so look-alike.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

A nice resolution to season five, and a great intro to the new "Big Bad".

I absolutely adore Heimall! A bit of embarrassment with how they reproduce. Poor Thor, he tends to get stuck in these bad situations! So glad that the Asgard came along when they did.

I liked how they dealt with the loss of Daniel--everybody grieves in different ways. Carter wasn't ready to go back on duty, Jack wanted to focus on work, and Teal'c was planning to have a ritual for him, but could leave that until their mission was complete. Nice little breath of wind at the end.

Overall, I thought this was a good episode.

Comment

And that's the end of season 5... End of season poll following shortly and of course the 3-episode quiz and jigsaw puzzles but first let me tell how I felt about this episode.

It doesn't overly excite me but it is a good episode in my opinion. There are a few things here and there that I think could have been better but overall it's an enjoyable episode.

First of all there's Heimdall, whom I adore as a character but cringe at the CG. It's not bad but it still looks fake and doesn't always fit with the rest or the scene. The Asgard with the most lively expressions though so that's a win. And Teryl's voice -- sorta.

But how the hell did Carter know it was Freyr in the gate room? How does she keep them apart?

I laughed with the dialogue about the Asgard equivalent of the birds and the bees. O'Neill's responses are hilarious. So are Carter and Teal'c when O'Neill is talking with Thor.

There are quite a few funny moments in this episode which balance out the more emotional moments, which are also plenty. I think they deal with Daniel's departure in a proper manner -- everybody is either trying to cope or somewhat in denial -- and yet in the end they know all will be well.

Anubis -- now there's the new big bad... looking all spiffy.
                    And Osiris being fingerlickin' good as the servant boy.

Bring it one, I say.

How would you rate SG-1's "Revelations?"

Excellent
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible

3-episode quiz: The Sentinel, Meridian & Revelations

Jigsaw puzzle: Revelations
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 25 July 2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

9:24

2 Janet puzzles in a row

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                        2 Janet puzzles in a row
                        Well, Janet and "Heimdall" ...

Comment

This is a favorite of mine. Not good enough to call it excellent but I do love how it brings so many things together. We learn more about the Asgard and finally meet Anubis. I always love the engima of him even if he is over the top. Carter's mourning seems to be out of place to be honest if we are to expect her to be a seasoned military officer. I quite like this episode to give it a good. That was a tough puzzle for me. I only got 9 minutes 28 seconds.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I beat you by 4 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              I beat you by 4 seconds.

Practice makes perfection...

Comment

It also helps to be lucky
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X